Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Tim Tebow Will Request Trade/Release (UPDATE: Jags?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 43228
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEARtheELF wrote:
McDaniels to Cleveland with Tebow following..... I can see it happening


Why would you say such a horrible thing?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 26726
Location: 321
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
SanDiegoScrubs wrote:
Good for him. Hope he can rid himself of the horrible Jets organization.

I hope to see the Jets organization rid themselves of a horrible player.


Tell us again how Sanchez is the future of the franchise and they need to stand by him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggio7


Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Posts: 10626
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being an LSU fan, I don't have to explain my disliking for Tebow. But good for him to try to get out of this organization. I guess Jets fans don't like him because he became the most media popular player. Too many egos/divas in that locker room and Tebow stole the spotlight which lead to other players on the team bashing him.

Tebow showed he can win though. That's more important than the numbers. He got the job done for the Broncos last year, even got them a playoff win. He is ugly out there but he wins. He was ugly with Florida too but he won. Maybe that was his peak with the Broncos, but he is a hard worker so he could get better given the right opportunity. He needs the right scheme/coach/supporting cast. You could say that about everybody at QB though. I do think he deserves a chance and shouldn't have been cast to the side like that.
_________________

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
x0x


Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 15539
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
McDaniels to Cleveland with Tebow following..... I can see it happening


I would love nothing more than to see him twice a year in Cleveland; it'll give me more reason to enjoy watching him get destroyed.


I will cite this to no end if Tebow does indeed go to Cleveland and gets them a division title.
_________________
Legends Never Die. They Breathe Through The New Generation.
100 Greatest Quarterbacks of All Time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 26726
Location: 321
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we won the Super Bowl I'd gladly take him as our backup. But we can't do that as long as there are still fans who don't believe in Joe.

I'd rather see him start and think he will take another team to the Playoffs if he does.

I think Woody will get a Tebow friendly coach and he will stay.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BrettFavre4


Joined: 24 Jan 2010
Posts: 341
Location: Buffalo
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow and the Jets are both better off parting ways. I don't blame him. By staying there he'd continue to sit and/or contribute next to nothing anyway. I am a firm believer Tebow can be of use if used properly.

That trade was the worst thing that could have happened to Tebow and the Jets from day one. Like someone else said, being in New York has done nothing but ruin his development and set him back even further. No offense to the Jets and the way they run things (some criticism should however be taken and I'm sure the Jets know this by now) but Tebow was never a fit to begin with and however they tried to use him this year didn't and won't work. It's better they part ways and end it already. He hasn't been used properly there and won't ever and the Jets have created a circus for themselves as is with him or without him that they need to address. Not having Tebow anymore will help them get back on track.

That said, I think the Jets should clean house anyway, minus a few players like Revis, Cromartie, and perhaps Mangold. Tebow will be a start.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FEARtheELF


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 5813
Location: THE Ohio State University
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
McDaniels to Cleveland with Tebow following..... I can see it happening


Why would you say such a horrible thing?


Cause if McDaniels comes, which is possible, Tebow will follow
_________________

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 47256
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
green24 wrote:
SanDiegoScrubs wrote:
Good for him. Hope he can rid himself of the horrible Jets organization.

I hope to see the Jets organization rid themselves of a horrible player.
I'm not trying to indict anyone specifically, but the extent to which Sanchez was defended and given pass after pass by some Jets fans all the while cursing Tebow as a player has been downright laughable. Sachez was clearly a sinking ship, and rather than try to use a lifeboat that may or may not have saved the team, the team and fanbase decided to go down with the ship. I really don't get it.

I've never been a fan of Tebow, but if we had landed him, I would have preferred him play over Henne when Gabbert went down. And the only reason I wouldn't have been calling for Tebow with Gabbert's struggles would have been solely because we needed to evaluate the situation for the future. Not so the case with the Jets, everyone should have known by midseason that Sanchez was done.


No one is giving Sanchez a break at all. Everyone knows that he is an awful player. I still preferred Sanchez over Tebow because we have Sanchez under contract for next year and going to a full-time gimmick offense does nothing to help our team going forward.

We have McElroy starting now and he is the best option on our team. I don't think he is a long-term starter, but he is the only QB we have that I would want to see on the roster next season.
Yeah, now you all are. This wasn't the case until the last couple weeks though. He was defended quite a bit until the last few weeks. Remember our discussion week 5 or so when I said he was terrible and you took offense to it, blaming his lack of weapons and everything else? Coincidentally, this change happened around the same time everyone realized that they could go with McElroy without people questioning it too much.

Sanchez should have been benched a lot sooner than this, and it should have been for Tebow. Now that they're out of playoff contention, they can turn to McElroy because "they have nothing to play for and need to evaluate the young talent."
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
green24 wrote:
SanDiegoScrubs wrote:
Good for him. Hope he can rid himself of the horrible Jets organization.

I hope to see the Jets organization rid themselves of a horrible player.


Tell us again how Sanchez is the future of the franchise and they need to stand by him.

He isn't. I have been saying for months that Sanchez is awful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Third Rider


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 10484
Location: Running up the score on your favorite team
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by some miracle Tebow manages to become a good QB I will forever laugh at the Jets for this one.
_________________
If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you won't be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rejuvenation


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 1766
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rightfully so. He clearly didn't get whatever he thought he was getting when the Jets traded for him so he may as well leave. The Jets clearly don't see him as a starting quarterback.

Now to see if any of the other teams will feel like putting up with Tebow's unique situation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BladeKor


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 950
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's just me but I think Tebow could be a good TE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
green24 wrote:
SanDiegoScrubs wrote:
Good for him. Hope he can rid himself of the horrible Jets organization.

I hope to see the Jets organization rid themselves of a horrible player.
I'm not trying to indict anyone specifically, but the extent to which Sanchez was defended and given pass after pass by some Jets fans all the while cursing Tebow as a player has been downright laughable. Sachez was clearly a sinking ship, and rather than try to use a lifeboat that may or may not have saved the team, the team and fanbase decided to go down with the ship. I really don't get it.

I've never been a fan of Tebow, but if we had landed him, I would have preferred him play over Henne when Gabbert went down. And the only reason I wouldn't have been calling for Tebow with Gabbert's struggles would have been solely because we needed to evaluate the situation for the future. Not so the case with the Jets, everyone should have known by midseason that Sanchez was done.


Well said, I really don't understand why they won't give Tebow a chance. It's like they're afraid to find out he's better than Sanchez.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 43228
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
McDaniels to Cleveland with Tebow following..... I can see it happening


I would love nothing more than to see him twice a year in Cleveland; it'll give me more reason to enjoy watching him get destroyed.


I will cite this to no end if Tebow does indeed go to Cleveland and gets them a division title.


It will NEVER happen, so don't worry about it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
iPwn wrote:
green24 wrote:
SanDiegoScrubs wrote:
Good for him. Hope he can rid himself of the horrible Jets organization.

I hope to see the Jets organization rid themselves of a horrible player.
I'm not trying to indict anyone specifically, but the extent to which Sanchez was defended and given pass after pass by some Jets fans all the while cursing Tebow as a player has been downright laughable. Sachez was clearly a sinking ship, and rather than try to use a lifeboat that may or may not have saved the team, the team and fanbase decided to go down with the ship. I really don't get it.

I've never been a fan of Tebow, but if we had landed him, I would have preferred him play over Henne when Gabbert went down. And the only reason I wouldn't have been calling for Tebow with Gabbert's struggles would have been solely because we needed to evaluate the situation for the future. Not so the case with the Jets, everyone should have known by midseason that Sanchez was done.


Well said, I really don't understand why they won't give Tebow a chance. It's like they're afraid to find out he's better than Sanchez.
I think it's that they're more afraid he'll somehow win a couple close games that look like miracles and he'll look like the savior. Then the fans/media would almost pressure the Jets into having to keep him long term/for at least 1 more year as the starter. I'm pretty sure no HC wants Tebow starting for them going into the year.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group