Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Tim Tebow Will Request Trade/Release (UPDATE: Jags?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEARtheELF wrote:
McDaniels to Cleveland with Tebow following..... I can see it happening

Why would you say such a horrible thing?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
SanDiegoScrubs wrote:
Good for him. Hope he can rid himself of the horrible Jets organization.

I hope to see the Jets organization rid themselves of a horrible player.

Tell us again how Sanchez is the future of the franchise and they need to stand by him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being an LSU fan, I don't have to explain my disliking for Tebow. But good for him to try to get out of this organization. I guess Jets fans don't like him because he became the most media popular player. Too many egos/divas in that locker room and Tebow stole the spotlight which lead to other players on the team bashing him.

Tebow showed he can win though. That's more important than the numbers. He got the job done for the Broncos last year, even got them a playoff win. He is ugly out there but he wins. He was ugly with Florida too but he won. Maybe that was his peak with the Broncos, but he is a hard worker so he could get better given the right opportunity. He needs the right scheme/coach/supporting cast. You could say that about everybody at QB though. I do think he deserves a chance and shouldn't have been cast to the side like that.

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
x0x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:

I would love nothing more than to see him twice a year in Cleveland; it'll give me more reason to enjoy watching him get destroyed.

I will cite this to no end if Tebow does indeed go to Cleveland and gets them a division title.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we won the Super Bowl I'd gladly take him as our backup. But we can't do that as long as there are still fans who don't believe in Joe.

I'd rather see him start and think he will take another team to the Playoffs if he does.

I think Woody will get a Tebow friendly coach and he will stay.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow and the Jets are both better off parting ways. I don't blame him. By staying there he'd continue to sit and/or contribute next to nothing anyway. I am a firm believer Tebow can be of use if used properly.

That trade was the worst thing that could have happened to Tebow and the Jets from day one. Like someone else said, being in New York has done nothing but ruin his development and set him back even further. No offense to the Jets and the way they run things (some criticism should however be taken and I'm sure the Jets know this by now) but Tebow was never a fit to begin with and however they tried to use him this year didn't and won't work. It's better they part ways and end it already. He hasn't been used properly there and won't ever and the Jets have created a circus for themselves as is with him or without him that they need to address. Not having Tebow anymore will help them get back on track.

That said, I think the Jets should clean house anyway, minus a few players like Revis, Cromartie, and perhaps Mangold. Tebow will be a start.
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:

Why would you say such a horrible thing?

Cause if McDaniels comes, which is possible, Tebow will follow

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
green24 wrote:
SanDiegoScrubs wrote:

I'm not trying to indict anyone specifically, but the extent to which Sanchez was defended and given pass after pass by some Jets fans all the while cursing Tebow as a player has been downright laughable. Sachez was clearly a sinking ship, and rather than try to use a lifeboat that may or may not have saved the team, the team and fanbase decided to go down with the ship. I really don't get it.

I've never been a fan of Tebow, but if we had landed him, I would have preferred him play over Henne when Gabbert went down. And the only reason I wouldn't have been calling for Tebow with Gabbert's struggles would have been solely because we needed to evaluate the situation for the future. Not so the case with the Jets, everyone should have known by midseason that Sanchez was done.

No one is giving Sanchez a break at all. Everyone knows that he is an awful player. I still preferred Sanchez over Tebow because we have Sanchez under contract for next year and going to a full-time gimmick offense does nothing to help our team going forward.

We have McElroy starting now and he is the best option on our team. I don't think he is a long-term starter, but he is the only QB we have that I would want to see on the roster next season.
Yeah, now you all are. This wasn't the case until the last couple weeks though. He was defended quite a bit until the last few weeks. Remember our discussion week 5 or so when I said he was terrible and you took offense to it, blaming his lack of weapons and everything else? Coincidentally, this change happened around the same time everyone realized that they could go with McElroy without people questioning it too much.

Sanchez should have been benched a lot sooner than this, and it should have been for Tebow. Now that they're out of playoff contention, they can turn to McElroy because "they have nothing to play for and need to evaluate the young talent."

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
green24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
green24 wrote:
SanDiegoScrubs wrote:

Tell us again how Sanchez is the future of the franchise and they need to stand by him.

He isn't. I have been saying for months that Sanchez is awful.
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by some miracle Tebow manages to become a good QB I will forever laugh at the Jets for this one.

*Actual time may vary.
Rejuvenation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rightfully so. He clearly didn't get whatever he thought he was getting when the Jets traded for him so he may as well leave. The Jets clearly don't see him as a starting quarterback.

Now to see if any of the other teams will feel like putting up with Tebow's unique situation.
BladeKor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's just me but I think Tebow could be a good TE.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
green24 wrote:
SanDiegoScrubs wrote:

I'm not trying to indict anyone specifically, but the extent to which Sanchez was defended and given pass after pass by some Jets fans all the while cursing Tebow as a player has been downright laughable. Sachez was clearly a sinking ship, and rather than try to use a lifeboat that may or may not have saved the team, the team and fanbase decided to go down with the ship. I really don't get it.

I've never been a fan of Tebow, but if we had landed him, I would have preferred him play over Henne when Gabbert went down. And the only reason I wouldn't have been calling for Tebow with Gabbert's struggles would have been solely because we needed to evaluate the situation for the future. Not so the case with the Jets, everyone should have known by midseason that Sanchez was done.

Well said, I really don't understand why they won't give Tebow a chance. It's like they're afraid to find out he's better than Sanchez.
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:

I would love nothing more than to see him twice a year in Cleveland; it'll give me more reason to enjoy watching him get destroyed.

I will cite this to no end if Tebow does indeed go to Cleveland and gets them a division title.

It will NEVER happen, so don't worry about it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
iPwn wrote:
green24 wrote:
SanDiegoScrubs wrote:

Well said, I really don't understand why they won't give Tebow a chance. It's like they're afraid to find out he's better than Sanchez.
I think it's that they're more afraid he'll somehow win a couple close games that look like miracles and he'll look like the savior. Then the fans/media would almost pressure the Jets into having to keep him long term/for at least 1 more year as the starter. I'm pretty sure no HC wants Tebow starting for them going into the year.

Jamison.'s Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: