Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Per Mehta, Tebow will seek trade/release.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Life wrote:
Quote:
Ben Maller ‏@benmaller
Jaguars, Cardinals, Bills, Raiders, Titans and Chiefs all could be in mix to acquire QB Tim Tebow from Jets after season.

The more the merrier

Surprised to see Tennessee. I wonder if any of those teams would be interested in having Mark dumped on them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 2512
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swi7ch wrote:
So is Tebow's QB career basically over now? All GMs will take note of how a rarely-used 3rd-string QB get the nod over Tebow.


I don't think anyone is using our player evaluations the way we've been running things around here.

Glad to hear this is going to end though. What a disaster. I'd love a 6th.
_________________


Props to Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 15270
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swi7ch wrote:
So is Tebow's QB career basically over now? All GMs will take note of how a rarely-used 3rd-string QB get the nod over Tebow.


Do you think the opinion the Jets coaching staff will carry a lot of weight after they kept Sanchez in the game the whole night? The guy was throwing pick after pick when the team's season was on the line. If I were one of those GM's I think I'd tend to form my opinion based on other things.
_________________

A big thanks to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig! ^ ^

Boltstrikes wrote:
Being the best quarterback of 2014 does not make you the GOAT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16729
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever team Tebow goes to, it will have to be a team that is focused on running the ball and has a good defense. A plus would also be if they don't have any superstar WRs, bc they won't matter in a Tebow offense. Look at how much better Thomas is this year with an actual QB throwing him the ball.

Jacksonville still makes the most sense to me, bc they have a offense they can tailor to Tebow already and they run a lot with MJD. Their def isn't terrible, but certainly they can get better there. Bills would make sense too, but can't see us trading him within the division. Chiefs could also make sense. Can't see the Cards or Titans being interested.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7883
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Life wrote:
Quote:
Ben Maller ‏@benmaller
Jaguars, Cardinals, Bills, Raiders, Titans and Chiefs all could be in mix to acquire QB Tim Tebow from Jets after season.

The more the merrier


Jags , Bills and chiefs are the possible ones in my eyes. I would like to see him go to the chiefs just to watch him play Denver again.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetfan66


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 5500
Location: Floral Park, NY
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
swi7ch wrote:
So is Tebow's QB career basically over now? All GMs will take note of how a rarely-used 3rd-string QB get the nod over Tebow.


Do you think the opinion the Jets coaching staff will carry a lot of weight after they kept Sanchez in the game the whole night? The guy was throwing pick after pick when the team's season was on the line. If I were one of those GM's I think I'd tend to form my opinion based on other things.

Absolutely their opinion matters. They are still an NFL staff. And one that has managed to win more games over the past few years than most teams.

Tebow has been awful in practice, as evidence by the coaching staff and players words and actions. Tebow already had a limited market, with only 2 serious trading suitors last year. With a bad year under his belt and Chad Henne playing well for Jacksonville, you have to think that the other only suitor for him might drop out. Also teams will be weary of bringing that type of distraction to the team. Look at the bad effect it has had on the past 2 guys ahead of him on the depth chart (Kyle Orton, Mark Sanchez).

I'm sure he will catch on somewhere as a backup. I just don't know if he will ever win a starting job, maybe fan and ESPN pressure will help him get one though.
_________________

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Colt45fool


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5943
Location: New Haven, CT
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see why Mike Mularkey would want Tebow...he was already given a 2nd year guy in Gabbert who sucks & Tebow is just as bad if not worse...as an offensive coach who actually has a decent pedigree (and made the Bills somewhat explosive as a HC) a move for Tebow would hinder the development of that offense...which actually has pieces in place to run a really good traditional offense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mikemart


Joined: 17 Aug 2010
Posts: 212
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really should of been seen coming a mile away, I could see him going to the Cardinals
_________________

Credit to Jamison

Jets, Yankees, Rangers, Knicks, Syracuse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
I can't see why Mike Mularkey would want Tebow...he was already given a 2nd year guy in Gabbert who sucks & Tebow is just as bad if not worse...as an offensive coach who actually has a decent pedigree (and made the Bills somewhat explosive as a HC) a move for Tebow would hinder the development of that offense...which actually has pieces in place to run a really good traditional offense.

I don't know if Mularkey will even be brought back for a second season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 22945
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
I can't see why Mike Mularkey would want Tebow...he was already given a 2nd year guy in Gabbert who sucks & Tebow is just as bad if not worse...as an offensive coach who actually has a decent pedigree (and made the Bills somewhat explosive as a HC) a move for Tebow would hinder the development of that offense...which actually has pieces in place to run a really good traditional offense.

I don't know if Mularkey will even be brought back for a second season.

Which kinda sucks. I think he could be a good coach. Maybe.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colt45fool


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5943
Location: New Haven, CT
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
green24 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
I can't see why Mike Mularkey would want Tebow...he was already given a 2nd year guy in Gabbert who sucks & Tebow is just as bad if not worse...as an offensive coach who actually has a decent pedigree (and made the Bills somewhat explosive as a HC) a move for Tebow would hinder the development of that offense...which actually has pieces in place to run a really good traditional offense.

I don't know if Mularkey will even be brought back for a second season.

Which kinda sucks. I think he could be a good coach. Maybe.
That's a shame. I think he's a good OC & even a pretty good HC. He led the Bills to an above .500 record, which is hard to do & made JP Losman look like a competent QB for a while....

It'd be a shame if they canned him after sticking Blaine Gabbert down his throat,
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
What an awful trade.

Quote:
@DraftCountdown
#Jets traded #108 & #188 for Tebow. Based on the trade value chart that would've been enough to move up to #102. That pick? Kirk Cousins.
I seriously can't stand this Kirk Cousin hype.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
What an awful trade.

Quote:
@DraftCountdown
#Jets traded #108 & #188 for Tebow. Based on the trade value chart that would've been enough to move up to #102. That pick? Kirk Cousins.
I seriously can't stand this Kirk Cousin hype.

Better than Tim Tebow hype.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
What an awful trade.

Quote:
@DraftCountdown
#Jets traded #108 & #188 for Tebow. Based on the trade value chart that would've been enough to move up to #102. That pick? Kirk Cousins.
I seriously can't stand this Kirk Cousin hype.

Better than Tim Tebow hype.
I don't know anything worse than the Tebow hype Laughing


Seriously. If we can actually net a return for Tebow, it would be one of the best days of my life. (And funniest) I can't wait to make fun of whatever team has him next year. We suffered too much this year and had way to many jokes made about us.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Davey


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21804
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, from beginning to end, the Jets Tim Tebow saga has to be the most absurd and pathetic storyline in sports history.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group