Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Per Mehta, Tebow will seek trade/release.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Life wrote:
Quote:
Ben Maller ‏@benmaller
Jaguars, Cardinals, Bills, Raiders, Titans and Chiefs all could be in mix to acquire QB Tim Tebow from Jets after season.

The more the merrier

Surprised to see Tennessee. I wonder if any of those teams would be interested in having Mark dumped on them.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swi7ch wrote:
So is Tebow's QB career basically over now? All GMs will take note of how a rarely-used 3rd-string QB get the nod over Tebow.

I don't think anyone is using our player evaluations the way we've been running things around here.

Glad to hear this is going to end though. What a disaster. I'd love a 6th.

Props to Mack on the sig
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swi7ch wrote:
So is Tebow's QB career basically over now? All GMs will take note of how a rarely-used 3rd-string QB get the nod over Tebow.

Do you think the opinion the Jets coaching staff will carry a lot of weight after they kept Sanchez in the game the whole night? The guy was throwing pick after pick when the team's season was on the line. If I were one of those GM's I think I'd tend to form my opinion based on other things.

A big thanks to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig! ^ ^

Boltstrikes wrote:
Being the best quarterback of 2014 does not make you the GOAT.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever team Tebow goes to, it will have to be a team that is focused on running the ball and has a good defense. A plus would also be if they don't have any superstar WRs, bc they won't matter in a Tebow offense. Look at how much better Thomas is this year with an actual QB throwing him the ball.

Jacksonville still makes the most sense to me, bc they have a offense they can tailor to Tebow already and they run a lot with MJD. Their def isn't terrible, but certainly they can get better there. Bills would make sense too, but can't see us trading him within the division. Chiefs could also make sense. Can't see the Cards or Titans being interested.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Life wrote:
Quote:
Ben Maller ‏@benmaller
Jaguars, Cardinals, Bills, Raiders, Titans and Chiefs all could be in mix to acquire QB Tim Tebow from Jets after season.

The more the merrier

Jags , Bills and chiefs are the possible ones in my eyes. I would like to see him go to the chiefs just to watch him play Denver again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
swi7ch wrote:

Do you think the opinion the Jets coaching staff will carry a lot of weight after they kept Sanchez in the game the whole night? The guy was throwing pick after pick when the team's season was on the line. If I were one of those GM's I think I'd tend to form my opinion based on other things.

Absolutely their opinion matters. They are still an NFL staff. And one that has managed to win more games over the past few years than most teams.

Tebow has been awful in practice, as evidence by the coaching staff and players words and actions. Tebow already had a limited market, with only 2 serious trading suitors last year. With a bad year under his belt and Chad Henne playing well for Jacksonville, you have to think that the other only suitor for him might drop out. Also teams will be weary of bringing that type of distraction to the team. Look at the bad effect it has had on the past 2 guys ahead of him on the depth chart (Kyle Orton, Mark Sanchez).

I'm sure he will catch on somewhere as a backup. I just don't know if he will ever win a starting job, maybe fan and ESPN pressure will help him get one though.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see why Mike Mularkey would want Tebow...he was already given a 2nd year guy in Gabbert who sucks & Tebow is just as bad if not worse...as an offensive coach who actually has a decent pedigree (and made the Bills somewhat explosive as a HC) a move for Tebow would hinder the development of that offense...which actually has pieces in place to run a really good traditional offense.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really should of been seen coming a mile away, I could see him going to the Cardinals

Credit to Jamison

Jets, Yankees, Rangers, Knicks, Syracuse
green24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
I can't see why Mike Mularkey would want Tebow...he was already given a 2nd year guy in Gabbert who sucks & Tebow is just as bad if not worse...as an offensive coach who actually has a decent pedigree (and made the Bills somewhat explosive as a HC) a move for Tebow would hinder the development of that offense...which actually has pieces in place to run a really good traditional offense.

I don't know if Mularkey will even be brought back for a second season.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:

Which kinda sucks. I think he could be a good coach. Maybe.

I hate the Jaguars
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
green24 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:

Which kinda sucks. I think he could be a good coach. Maybe.
That's a shame. I think he's a good OC & even a pretty good HC. He led the Bills to an above .500 record, which is hard to do & made JP Losman look like a competent QB for a while....

It'd be a shame if they canned him after sticking Blaine Gabbert down his throat,

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
What an awful trade.

Quote:
@DraftCountdown
#Jets traded #108 & #188 for Tebow. Based on the trade value chart that would've been enough to move up to #102. That pick? Kirk Cousins.
I seriously can't stand this Kirk Cousin hype.

Jamison.'s Gallery
green24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
What an awful trade.

Quote:
@DraftCountdown
#Jets traded #108 & #188 for Tebow. Based on the trade value chart that would've been enough to move up to #102. That pick? Kirk Cousins.

Better than Tim Tebow hype.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
What an awful trade.

Quote:
@DraftCountdown

Better than Tim Tebow hype.
I don't know anything worse than the Tebow hype Laughing

Seriously. If we can actually net a return for Tebow, it would be one of the best days of my life. (And funniest) I can't wait to make fun of whatever team has him next year. We suffered too much this year and had way to many jokes made about us.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Davey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, from beginning to end, the Jets Tim Tebow saga has to be the most absurd and pathetic storyline in sports history.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: