Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Jennings not expecting GB return in '13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
finally caught up on local Pack news stuff. We are currently only 7 mil under the cap.

2012, yes. 2013???
Caps roll over now, right?

yes it rolls over but the cap isn't expected to go up much.....

One thought found interesting in the WSJ...they spoke of Hawk gone next year and giving Jones a new contract, as he would be cheaper and plays all 3 downs, whereas hawk comes out on passing downs. that would open up some money also. but what got me thinking is if they go to get rid of him (he's approaching the 30 mark) maybe they could use him in a trade to move up in some round of the draft?

Crazy talk! Hawk is a MUCH better player than Jones IMO. One could make a very strong case for Jones being every bit the liability on the first two downs that Hawk is on 3rd downs. Just sayin!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
finally caught up on local Pack news stuff. We are currently only 7 mil under the cap.

2012, yes. 2013???
Caps roll over now, right?

yes it rolls over but the cap isn't expected to go up much.....

One thought found interesting in the WSJ...they spoke of Hawk gone next year and giving Jones a new contract, as he would be cheaper and plays all 3 downs, whereas hawk comes out on passing downs. that would open up some money also. but what got me thinking is if they go to get rid of him (he's approaching the 30 mark) maybe they could use him in a trade to move up in some round of the draft?

Crazy talk! Hawk is a MUCH better player than Jones IMO. One could make a very strong case for Jones being every bit the liability on the first two downs that Hawk is on 3rd downs. Just sayin!

Oh...that Jones. I thought he meant James Jones Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point exactly..... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as Jennings and Finley go, I think it really depends on what the Packers values are going forward. Either or both of them or save the money and grt new, cheaper, reliable options? Personally, because of Jennings personality, I'd rather see him stay, doesn't talk before he thinks like Finley. If Finley would just shut his trap, I wouldn't mind him staying. In the end, lots, if not too much money tied up on one or both and neither is dependable, health or hands depending on the guy, I believe both are on a new team next year and Aaron gets 2 sets of keys to two new cars.
smetana34

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those wanting to dump Finley: is there any good options in the draft to replace him with early on? Talking like a Gronk/Davis type of threat.

Uncle Buck: "I'm expecting Kate Beckinsale to dump her husband and run away with me."

incognito_man wrote:

you probably have better odds of running off with Tebow.
justo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:
For those wanting to dump Finley: is there any good options in the draft to replace him with early on? Talking like a Gronk/Davis type of threat.

I think SDSUs TE has a shot at that. He might no declare though

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:

Eifert, SDSU guy (Escobar I think), I really like Fauria (UCLA) as well, and Ertz (Stanford.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
smetana34 wrote:

Eifert, SDSU guy (Escobar I think), I really like Fauria (UCLA) as well, and Ertz (Stanford.
I like Fauria at the start of the year but I am not as high on him as I thought I would be. I like Eifert, Fiedorowicz and Escobar the most, and 2 of them might not be in the draft. I am only so-so on Ertz.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
smetana34 wrote:

I like Fauria at the start of the year but I am not as high on him as I thought I would be. I like Eifert, Fiedorowicz and Escobar the most, and 2 of them might not be in the draft. I am only so-so on Ertz.

Forgot Fiedo, like him too. Ertz/Fiedo/Fauria are solid TEs, but Escobar and Eifert could be impact-types.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:

If Finely isn't even a Gronk/Davis type of threat, why are you insinuating that we should only dump him if we can replace him with a player of that caliber?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins had 40+ Mil this offseason? Tag and Trade destination spotted.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:

Tyler Eiffert is going to be a top TE in this league very soon. He plays a lot like Jimmy Graham but imo a more willing blocker. The guy is the ultimate mismatch. 6-6 silky smooth athlete, with excellent body control, great hands and who understands how to run his routes.

Whoever gets this kid is going to be VERY happy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
smetana34 wrote:

Tyler Eiffert is going to be a top TE in this league very soon. He plays a lot like Jimmy Graham but imo a more willing blocker. The guy is the ultimate mismatch. 6-6 silky smooth athlete, with excellent body control, great hands and who understands how to run his routes.

Whoever gets this kid is going to be VERY happy.

X2

Clear cut top TE grade in this class for me and his grade should only go up after we see him in shorts. Just about what many would draw up at the TE position in todays NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyB wrote:
smetana34 wrote:

If Finely isn't even a Gronk/Davis type of threat, why are you insinuating that we should only dump him if we can replace him with a player of that caliber?

He has shown he can be and has the talent to do so. He's still very young and has time. Why people want to dump him is beyond me.

Uncle Buck: "I'm expecting Kate Beckinsale to dump her husband and run away with me."

incognito_man wrote:

you probably have better odds of running off with Tebow.
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:
DannyB wrote:
smetana34 wrote:

He has shown he can be and has the talent to do so. He's still very young and has time. Why people want to dump him is beyond me.

No he hasn't.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 6 of 18

Jump to: