Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Jennings not expecting GB return in '13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
I think its more likely we trade Finley than Jennings.
EDIT: Thought you said tag. :votes Justis is stupid:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Terranimal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally caught up on local Pack news stuff. We are currently only 7 mil under the cap.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
finally caught up on local Pack news stuff. We are currently only 7 mil under the cap.

2012, yes. 2013???
justo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Terranimal wrote:

2012, yes. 2013???
Caps roll over now, right?
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Terranimal wrote:

2012, yes. 2013???

Up to a certain point yes and I'm pretty sure 7 mil is under that cap.

Then individual contracts coming off the books, guys like Jennings, Finley, Woodson, or Driver could reduce that number to. After that guys with potential for extension like Rodgers, Raji, and Matthews current cap number as well.

That would be a list of the most useful information IMO. I'm sure it's all out there but it would be nice to keep all of that info on some sort of forum resource maybe.

Any ambitious volunteers?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
justo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Terranimal wrote:

2012, yes. 2013???

Up to a certain point yes and I'm pretty sure 7 mil is under that cap.

Then individual contracts coming off the books, guys like Jennings, Finley, Woodson, or Driver could reduce that number to. After that guys with potential for extension like Rodgers, Raji, and Matthews current cap number as well.

That would be a list of the most useful information IMO. I'm sure it's all out there but it would be nice to keep all of that info on some sort of forum resource maybe.

Any ambitious volunteers?
I'm down. Do we know our dead cap numbers right meow? Who are we still paying off?
justo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: one time escalator clause. Is it exactly what it sounds like? Should I assume players do workouts/get roster bonuses/hit incentives?
Terranimal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Terranimal wrote:

2012, yes. 2013???

yes it rolls over but the cap isn't expected to go up much.....

One thought found interesting in the WSJ...they spoke of Hawk gone next year and giving Jones a new contract, as he would be cheaper and plays all 3 downs, whereas hawk comes out on passing downs. that would open up some money also. but what got me thinking is if they go to get rid of him (he's approaching the 30 mark) maybe they could use him in a trade to move up in some round of the draft?
justo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Terranimal wrote:

2012, yes. 2013???

One thought found interesting in the WSJ...they spoke of Hawk gone next year and giving Jones a new contract, as he would be cheaper and plays all 3 downs, whereas hawk comes out on passing downs. that would open up some money also. but what got me thinking is if they go to get rid of him (he's approaching the 30 mark) maybe they could use him in a trade to move up in some round of the draft?
We'd be paying Hawk 1.6 million a year for three years to not be a Packer, though.
Terranimal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Terranimal wrote:

2012, yes. 2013???

We'd be paying Hawk 1.6 million a year for three years to not be a Packer, though.

Not sure myself. the article only said he's due 5.45 mil in salary and bonuses next year....
justo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
justo wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Terranimal wrote:

2012, yes. 2013???

Not sure myself. the article only said he's due 5.45 mil in salary and bonuses next year....
I got 6.5 not including workout or roster bonuses
Terranimal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
justo wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Terranimal wrote:

2012, yes. 2013???

Well the WSJ article came from Pete Dougherty of the GBPG, so he is usually really accurate....it's one of those articles that runs State wide even though it originated at the GB press gazzette.
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure this second level group is in a place where they can give away a talent like Hawk. Just too many things none of us know right now with that group. Think you might be able to pull it off if both Bishop and Smith come back healthy. Still would be a high risk cut at this point. Hard to give away the things you trust! If nothing else, you know Hawk is going to show up for work every day.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
justo wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
justo wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Terranimal wrote:

2012, yes. 2013???

Well the WSJ article came from Pete Dougherty of the GBPG, so he is usually really accurate....it's one of those articles that runs State wide even though it originated at the GB press gazzette.

4.9 base, 8 million signing bonus (/5) is 1.6, (6.5), +300,000 roster bonus, 250,000 workout bonus according to this:
http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/gb/
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:

This is where injuries bite us in the tush. Our back-ups come in and show that they are serviceable, upping the price come contract time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 5 of 18

Jump to: