Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Jennings not expecting GB return in '13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burnett42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this talk about drafting a WR early, What about if we draft a TE early.

Cobb
Nelson
Jones
Drafted TE maybe Tyler Eifert

That would still be some pretty good options

Last edited by Burnett42 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
mxr124

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why on earth is this a top story on the NFL.com site? Two games left on the regular season. Lots of teams fighting for playoff spots. Seems there would be tons of stories to report on that pertain to THIS season. Last weekend it was Finley, now Jennings. Someone have an agenda and trying to create drama?
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burnett42 wrote:
All this talk about drafting a WR early, What about if we draft a TE early.

Cobb
Nelson
Jones
Drafted TE maybe Tyler Eifert

That would still be some pretty good options

I'm not an Eifert fan. I really don't think he is worth a 1st round pick and that's most likely where we would need to take him. If you told me I had to take a TE in the 1st and I had no choice, I would take Ertz.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxr124 wrote:
Why on earth is this a top story on the NFL.com site? Two games left on the regular season. Lots of teams fighting for playoff spots. Seems there would be tons of stories to report on that pertain to THIS season. Last weekend it was Finley, now Jennings. Someone have an agenda and trying to create drama?
Jennings is a name most people know. He's been a Packer his whole career so the potential of him moving to a new team is a pretty big story. I don't see an agenda.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Pick6byWoodson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it really matter if Jennings doesn't want to play under the franchise tag?

Doesn't mean we still can't do it anyway.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick6byWoodson wrote:

How much you think we get back on a Greg Jennings that might only play one year for the team? He wants freedom I would assume. At least gets his ear into the trade if anything
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick6byWoodson wrote:

One needs to understand there is a ton of risk there for a host of reasons. I mean, what if you can't pull a trade? Are you ok with type of bank on Jennings for a year? Also, every team runs things a little different. The Packers clearly have a strong rep for going with youth. You don't want those up and coming players seeing you put the boots to a clubhouse leader like Jennings. Players understand it's a business and can get over the fact you don't pay vets. You better let said vets get theirs though even if it's not in Green Bay.

I think TT will do the same thing it's been said he did with Jones. Put a contract he feels comfortable with on the table and let him test the market. If he feels the grass is greener on the other side, so be it. But if he is back in town next year it's because he took the numbers the lead brass put in place, not the other way around.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
mxr124 wrote:
Jennings is a name most people know. He's been a Packer his whole career so the potential of him moving to a new team is a pretty big story. I don't see an agenda.

I agree that it's news. Just after the season. The timing of of this story along with the Finley "story" is very suspicious. We don't need these distractions at this time. Don't under estimate the power of the media.
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxr124 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
mxr124 wrote:

I agree that it's news. Just after the season. The timing of of this story along with the Finley "story" is very suspicious. We don't need these distractions at this time. Don't under estimate the power of the media.

I don't know, I'd argue this team almost seems to come together and unify in times of adversity. It almost makes sense to make a story out of the random comments people are making anyway if you think it will have a positive reaction instead of a negative one.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Pick6byWoodson wrote:

One needs to understand there is a ton of risk there for a host of reasons. I mean, what if you can't pull a trade? Are you ok with type of bank on Jennings for a year? Also, every team runs things a little different. The Packers clearly have a strong rep for going with youth. You don't want those up and coming players seeing you put the boots to a clubhouse leader like Jennings. Players understand it's a business and can get over the fact you don't pay vets. You better let said vets get theirs though even if it's not in Green Bay.

I think TT will do the same thing it's been said he did with Jones. Put a contract he feels comfortable with on the table and let him test the market. If he feels the grass is greener on the other side, so be it. But if he is back in town next year it's because he took the numbers the lead brass put in place, not the other way around.

Really think that's the best course of action.

We'd love to have you back. He's what we can do. If you can do better somewhere else, thanks and good luck.

Hard not to respect that from a "business" standpoint as a player.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

yeah, we as fans can kinda be 'callous' with stuff like this. We all want something NOW if we lose Jennings - but ultimately I see it playing out exactly as you state and I've no doubt Jennings is going to see more money on the market. There's just going to be so many hands in that pot that could use him. He will have multiple offers better than our's to choose from.
Pick6byWoodson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's enough teams that clearly need help at WR that would love to have Jennings that it shouldn't be that hard to pull off a trade. And even if by some chance you can't, having Jennings for one more year, albeit at a high price, isn't the end of the world.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick6byWoodson wrote:
There's enough teams that clearly need help at WR that would love to have Jennings that it shouldn't be that hard to pull off a trade. And even if by some chance you can't, having Jennings for one more year, albeit at a high price, isn't the end of the world.

The guy does not want to play under the franchise tag. With his health the last two seasons, I don't blame the guy. He wants to get paid. I just can't see us tagging him. I think its more likely we trade Finley than Jennings.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
VoltageLeak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick6byWoodson wrote:
There's enough teams that clearly need help at WR that would love to have Jennings ...

This. You don't even have to look outside our division. Minnesota: I couldn't even name one of their starting WR's right now. GJ would be an instant upgrade over what they have. Detroit: GJ would be going back to his home state. They'd love to have Calvin Johnson and GJ bookending their line. Chicago: Similar to Detroit. They'd love GJ to complement Marshall and Jeffery.

That said, I kinda doubt TT would let GJ go to a division rival and GJ is savvy enough to want to be with a contender.
Terranimal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Pick6byWoodson wrote:

Just to add and though ti goes w/o saying.....But if one has all of that money tied up in Jennings, it will cost us some of our younger players due to cap money available. And we still have Raji, Matthews and Rodgers to get re-done and extended. Plus looking ahead Jones is a free agent in '14 and Nelson in '15.

And then what if the worst happens? Have all that money tied up in Jennings and he gets seriously hurt? yeah can happen to any player, but Jennings hasn't played an entire season w/o injury too often.

I agree that Thompson has an amount in mind for an offer and either Jennings takes it or he goes somewhere else. As nice as it would be to tag him, just don't see that happening....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: