Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Jennings not expecting GB return in '13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
I honestly don't see a tag and trade. I think a lot of us are overrating Jennings value. I think its optimistic to ask for a 2nd, let alone a 2nd+. Here is some recent info from Dan Pompei

Quote:
The National Football Post's Dan Pompei has been told by league sources that impending free agent Greg Jennings isn't expected to be a hot commodity on the open market.
The reasoning? "First, they believe Jennings won't produce as much without Aaron Rodgers throwing to him, and without Mike McCarthy drawing up plays for him. And secondly, he is 29 years old," writes Pompei. Jennings shouldn't approach the five years and $55 million that Vincent Jackson received last offseason, but he shouldn't struggle to find some team to pay top dollar after his strong finish to the 2012 season.

Do you realize he just contradicted himself in your quote. So he won't see VJ money but shouldn't have a problem getting top dollar? Sounds like he will be a hot commodity if he's going to get top dollar. That admission right there easily justifies the tag a trade.

No he didn't. What Pompei said is in quotation marks. Everything else is what rotoworld said, about him still getting top dollar.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
I honestly don't see a tag and trade. I think a lot of us are overrating Jennings value. I think its optimistic to ask for a 2nd, let alone a 2nd+. Here is some recent info from Dan Pompei

Quote:
The National Football Post's Dan Pompei has been told by league sources that impending free agent Greg Jennings isn't expected to be a hot commodity on the open market.
The reasoning? "First, they believe Jennings won't produce as much without Aaron Rodgers throwing to him, and without Mike McCarthy drawing up plays for him. And secondly, he is 29 years old," writes Pompei. Jennings shouldn't approach the five years and $55 million that Vincent Jackson received last offseason, but he shouldn't struggle to find some team to pay top dollar after his strong finish to the 2012 season.

Do you realize he just contradicted himself in your quote. So he won't see VJ money but shouldn't have a problem getting top dollar? Sounds like he will be a hot commodity if he's going to get top dollar. That admission right there easily justifies the tag a trade.

No he didn't. What Pompei said is in quotation marks. Everything else is what rotoworld said, about him still getting top dollar.

Either way it makes the case that Jennings will be a hot commodity while trying to tell people he is not. That's a terrible article to bring to the table for saying he's not worth the tag and trade.

Bottom line, I can think of 5 teams that will probably be after him without looking any further into their team: Bears, Vikings, Bengals, Houston and Miami. The fact we would all name those first two up front really makes it clear we should strongly consider the tag.
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if he does go.....i hope its to Miami. If he goes to Minnesota or Chicago thatd make me queezy.

edit: i just thought about chicago. they dont have the cap room. at all. With who they are projecting re-upped contracts as well, theres just no way. I dont think we need to worry about them.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:
if he does go.....i hope its to Miami. If he goes to Minnesota or Chicago thatd make me queezy.

edit: i just thought about chicago. they dont have the cap room. at all. With who they are projecting re-upped contracts as well, theres just no way. I dont think we need to worry about them.

Well we can always hope that a team overpays.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Quote:

Either way it makes the case that Jennings will be a hot commodity while trying to tell people he is not. That's a terrible article to bring to the table for saying he's not worth the tag and trade.

Bottom line, I can think of 5 teams that will probably be after him without looking any further into their team: Bears, Vikings, Bengals, Houston and Miami. The fact we would all name those first two up front really makes it clear we should strongly consider the tag.

I hope we do and can keep him for 2013.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is the tag? 11-12 million I think. I don't know if we can afford it. Even cutting Woodson and Saturday would bring us around 20 million freed up, but I think that Clay and even a guy like Shields are going to use all of that up.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
How much is the tag? 11-12 million I think. I don't know if we can afford it. Even cutting Woodson and Saturday would bring us around 20 million freed up, but I think that Clay and even a guy like Shields are going to use all of that up.

They don't NEED to address the Clay or Raji contract until after they resolve the Jennings tag. Let's not overreact on those contracts, they have plenty of time to address them this offseason IF they want to at this time.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Vincent Jackson at 29 can get that deal but Greg Jennings at 29 can't because he's too old?

Hogwash.

WR franchise tag should be about 9.5 mil next year.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

They don't NEED to address the Clay or Raji contract until after they resolve the Jennings tag. Let's not overreact on those contracts, they have plenty of time to address them this offseason IF they want to at this time.

Bit they do a lot though. TT usually signs guys a year before or in their contract year. Next off-season we have 13 some players whose contracts are up, we might as well get started now. The season after that has just as many.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of a tag and trade, because you can kind of control where the guy winds up. If the Pack is concerned with Jennings winding up in Chicago, Detroit, or Minnesota they may decide to try and control things a bit.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
So Vincent Jackson at 29 can get that deal but Greg Jennings at 29 can't because he's too old?

Hogwash.

Jackson got his deal and he just turned 29. Jennings will be 30 when this upcoming season begins. Jennings game is more about speed than Jackson, which means he'll age better. Plus you see how our system works for WR. I can see GJ getting 7-8 per, but not the 11 that VJax got.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:

Hogwash.

Fact is Jennings is not as good as Jackson so no way he gets that kind of offer. Jennings is very good WR and barely a No. 1 receiver. He lost almost one half a year this year and has a sketchy injury history. With that said there is a chance the Packers franchise Jennings.
SDN40

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as official as the blue haired lady at church, but Jennings house is officially up for sale

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, if he gets a new contract he's probably getting a bigger house...
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
Not as official as the blue haired lady at church, but Jennings house is officially up for sale
As much as i hate to see GJ leave, he made it clear he's taking his talents to the highest bidder. Although he hides it well GJs is a undercover diva, he wants to be on a team where hes the man.

I noticed his frustration when hes not being targeted, he sits on the bench pouting. Rodgers made him alot of money so he's trying to strike while the iron is hot. I highly doubt he gets top 5 Wr money playing with Cutler, Stafford or Ponder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: