Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Jennings not expecting GB return in '13
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfinley88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Report: Jennings not expecting GB return in '13 Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113506/article/greg-jennings-doesnt-see-a-packers-return-in-2013

How do you guys see this playing out?
Walk?
Tag?
Tag n' Trade?

Last edited by jfinley88 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Finely goes, Jennings stays.

If Jennings goes, Finely stays.

That's my personal feelings on it. Have to see how the board falls on draft day too.

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:

That's my personal feelings on it. Have to see how the board falls on draft day too.

Way too simplistic. This team can win without them.

With that being said, another offensive weapon would be great come April.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Report: Jennings not expecting GB return in '13 Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Quote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113506/article/greg-jennings-doesnt-see-a-packers-return-in-2013

How do you guys see this playing out?
Walk?
Tag?
Tag n' Trade?

Well Thompson does stay one step ahead.

Thompson doesn't really show his hand... ever. Think it's suggestive that they have discussed trying to get an extension but Jennings was also injured, no reason to talk contract with a player who's injured when you'll get to see how he finishes out the season. Really a player like Jennings' value won't go up regardless of how he plays out the rest of the season. Could have a 300 yards, 4 TD Super Bowl Performance, it still won't change his contract value significantly.

If Jennings is let go, Thompson is putting a lot into his ability to find another receiving target.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just can't see how we wouldn't extract immediate value from him.

He's close enough to top 5 where a franchise tag doesn't kill us if we can't move him and where a team would be willing to dish out a contract and picks/players for him.

Don't see him coming back to GB though because he will get more on the market than what we will offer IMO.

Essentially everyone in the AFC could use him
Washington, Minnesota, Chicago, Carolina, Tampa, San Fran, St. Louis, Seattle

Pretty much everyone other than NYG, ATL, and maybe NO, DET, DAL, ARZ would be willing to make a play for him. Guy will see his money, and we might as well get some value back.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Unless a WR like Woods falls to us in the draft (may even use Jennings as a package deal in a pick to snag him), I just don't see him letting Jennings walk. If Jones or Nelson or Cobb miss extended time next year like Jennings with an injury, we have 2 of those guys, and then who? Boykin? Some UDFA? Another 7th round pick?

Terranimal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though wouldn't like to see it, both Finley and Jennings could walk w/o being traded. It does appear the Pack will try to trade Finley before releasing him, but will release him before the bonus kicks in. And it's the worst kept secret as other teams know the same thing and might not being will to offer much and the team that would trade for him, would want a new deal in place first.

There is still hope that the Pack and Jennings can maybe work out some kind of a deal when the season is over. After being hurt this season and missing so much time, his value might be down on the open market, which might make it favorable for the Pack to get something done. If not, they won't tag him and tie up that money when they have other deals to get done.
SDN40

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the requisite time is before making any decisions on what Jennings has left, but his first two games have been more like "Wheres Waldo" than "Lets Make a Deal"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that we will have 2 extra 2nd round picks coming this draft.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, it's not exciting news but as long as we have #12 and a decent line we are always in contention. We still have good weapons and won plenty of games without Jennings this year and I am sure TT will add a few more.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
I don't know what the requisite time is before making any decisions on what Jennings has left, but his first two games have been more like "Wheres Waldo" than "Lets Make a Deal"

He had a touchdown in Sunday's game if Rodgers doesn't rocket it too far over his head.

Blount_truth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Unless a WR like Woods falls to us in the draft (may even use Jennings as a package deal in a pick to snag him), I just don't see him letting Jennings walk. If Jones or Nelson or Cobb miss extended time next year like Jennings with an injury, we have 2 of those guys, and then who? Boykin? Some UDFA? Another 7th round pick?

There's more then woods in this draft who could make an impact year one who can be had throughout the early rounds.

I don't think losing both would be ideal, but having Thompson and the rest of our staff, I think we'll be a bit more secure then you suggest.
Interceptions: 6
Forced Fumbles: 1
DROY candidate. Jersey acquired.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trade Jennings to Washington for a 2nd every time in Madden.. Of course they'd do that in real life. Although I'm not positive they have a 2. But Jennings, Garçon, Hankerson, Morgan, Moss, Aldrick Robinson is a damn good set of WR to throw to.
rbens06

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
i just can't see how we wouldn't extract immediate value from him.

He's close enough to top 5 where a franchise tag doesn't kill us if we can't move him and where a team would be willing to dish out a contract and picks/players for him.

Don't see him coming back to GB though because he will get more on the market than what we will offer IMO.

Essentially everyone in the AFC could use him
Washington, Minnesota, Chicago, Carolina, Tampa, San Fran, St. Louis, Seattle

Pretty much everyone other than NYG, ATL, and maybe NO, DET, DAL, ARZ would be willing to make a play for him. Guy will see his money, and we might as well get some value back.

I agree that we need to get value from him, but could be a situation that we are moving on from him and will give him the choice to choose his own team out of respect for what he did for the franchise. Also, with the wealth of receiver talent we have a tag might raise some flags about only doing it to tag and trade him (which I believe is frowned upon in the new CBA). Overall, I agree that we need to try to get value for him, I just do not know if we will. There are a lot of logistics, more than just the open cap space, that go into a decision to tag and trade a player.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbens06 wrote:

I agree that we need to get value from him, but could be a situation that we are moving on from him and will give him the choice to choose his own team out of respect for what he did for the franchise. Also, with the wealth of receiver talent we have a tag might raise some flags about only doing it to tag and trade him (which I believe is frowned upon in the new CBA). Overall, I agree that we need to try to get value for him, I just do not know if we will. There are a lot of logistics, more than just the open cap space, that go into a decision to tag and trade a player.

I don't think a Jennings tag raises flags at all. He's a very legitimate option to be tagged regardless of our other options at WR.

He'll get paid well this offseason, I'm very curious to see where he ends up. There's literally 25 teams that could want him.

I think a top option is Washington. Just got RGIII, feeling good about themselves, need another weapon, pay out the wazoo. I could see Jennings feeling good about moving to the D.C. area too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: