Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SNF Week 16: Seattle Seahawks vs San Francisco Forty-Whiners
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: SNF Week 16: Seattle Seahawks vs San Francisco Forty-Whiners Reply with quote

Seattle Seahawks (9-5)

vs

San Francisco Forty-Whiners (10-3-1)

And now it is the long awaited....

...Storytime with SaveourSonics!!!!!

AS TOLD BY MITCH LEVY! ENJOY!

------------------------------------------------------

Now let's get some predictions and pregame chatter up in here. Coming off of back-to-back dominating performances, we will see our vaunted rival on primetime television. As always, Give 'em hell.

*Actual quote from President Obama

Prediction: 27-24 W

3 Keys to the Game
  • Bane Hungry

We need the Bane from the first half of the season again. He's been playing like normal Mebane as of late, which is still great, but we need the player that was arguably the best DT in the league to stop this 49ers run game. The main way we lose this game is if Gore gashes us again.
  • We Need Special Special Teams

San Fran and Seattle rank #1 and #2 in the league in difference in starting field position from their opponent. The only game of the year where we had worse starting field position than our opponent was the last time we faced San Fran. We cannot afford to lose field position in this game of inches, so Jon Ryan and Leon Washington need to be special.
  • Scramble The Opposition

The offensive playcalling needs to keep the defense on their toes. Do not get in any pattern where we're always running on 1st down or running the read option if it's not working. Do not leave the run game if it's not working and trust Wilson to continue to lead this offense. He's ready.

Key Matchup of the Game: Red Bryant vs Frank Gore
Okay, so it's not just Red vs Gore, it's really our entire run defense vs their entire run game. This includes containing Kaepernick and keeping him in the pocket. Gore murdered us last time we played this team and has murdered us in the past. We looked small and confused earlier in the year, and we need to come out and punch this team in the mouth early and often.

Time to get a big game at home. Pride in Blue and Green, go Hawks.

Last edited by SaveourSonics on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaepernick has probably never played in his hostile of an environment before. We need to give him hell.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
Kaepernick has probably never played in his hostile of an environment before. We need to give him hell.

I didn't mention it in the OP, but the pass rush needs to be at their best if we can stop the run.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo. IT'S ON!

Tough, brutal game coming up here. Run defense has been suspect lately. They have to show up big this game. Kaepernick won't have it easy throwing down the middle with Kam and Earl back there. I think the offense will be able to move the ball well, they're really clicking. With that said the 49ers are clicking on D better than they have all year. Hopefully Brady tired them out last week and it shows this week. (looked like he did)

23 - 17
Seahawks.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
sherm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:

I will give Qwest Field its just due on being tough to play but let's not act like winning in NO and NE is easy. He's proven he can handle the tough environment.
sherm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:

I didn't mention it in the OP, but the pass rush needs to be at their best if we can stop the run.

U also didn't mention Jim Harbaugh record vs Pete. I'm sure that was a honest mistake though. Laughing
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherm wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:

I will give Qwest Field its just due on being tough to play but let's not act like winning in NO and NE is easy. He's proven he can handle the tough environment.

Absolutely agree. Going in to NE on a nasty, inclement weather night showed me a lot of mental toughness, not just from Kaepernick, but from the whole team. This SF team might be the only team in the league right now that won't be shaking in their boots at the thought of coming up here to the Clink. Hopefully we can grind out a brutally physical win and beat the 49ers up worse than they beat us up. This game worries me because if we lose, we're gonna be physically beat up and then the STL game becomes a must win and we won't be at 100% for that game.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherm wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:

U also didn't mention Jim Harbaugh record vs Pete. I'm sure that was a honest mistake though. Laughing

Seemed irrelevant Mr. Green
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:

New England is fairly hostile. Ain't no Seattle, but it's up there.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is easily our biggest game of the year. If we win, I feel like we would have enough momentum on our side that winning the NFC west won't even matter. We would be the hottest team heading into the playoffs and could probably take on any opponent.

With that said, the NFC west title would still be pretty nice Mr. Green

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
This is easily our biggest game of the year. If we win, I feel like we would have enough momentum on our side that winning the NFC west won't even matter. We would be the hottest team heading into the playoffs and could probably take on any opponent.

Honestly, being the 5 seed is probably better for our playoff hopes than winning the division as the 3 seed. We'd likely face Washington who I really don't think is that good. The 3rd seed could very well see the Giants who are a great road team and a great playoff team. After that, the winner of that game will likely play the Packers at Lambeau as the 2 seed, whereas we'd play the Falcons at their place which I would definitely prefer.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:

Honestly, being the 5 seed is probably better for our playoff hopes than winning the division as the 3 seed. We'd likely face Washington who I really don't think is that good. The 3rd seed could very well see the Giants who are a great road team and a great playoff team. After that, the winner of that game will likely play the Packers at Lambeau as the 2 seed, whereas we'd play the Falcons at their place which I would definitely prefer.

I was thinking the same. But we need to finish our business and secure that 5 seed.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you think the Seahawks defense will adjust from defending Alex Smith to Colin Kaepernick?
CanadianHawk75

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
How do you think the Seahawks defense will adjust from defending Alex Smith to Colin Kaepernick?

I would assume it shouldn`t be too bad, the good thing about having a QB who can run the read option effectively is being able to learn how to defend it in practice. This of course will benefit the Seahawks and 49ers.

I would assume the winner of this game has their QB perform better in the pocket and make some key throws.
sherm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:

Lol poor Falcons...they get no respect. Laughing Yeah that road would seem easier. Though I think RGIII is something special that could put together that 1 gm in a playoffs gm. Sometimes the matchups are just as important as how your team is playing in the playoffs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: