Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Zoom's Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigD1123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh crap we aren't as smart as Knapp? Pahlease the best way to build a team is to have an injury prone rb and a stone handed non rout running wide out. Top that off with penalty magnet d lineman and then men. Then you have the foundation of a juggernaut!!!!
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD1123 wrote:
Oh crap we aren't as smart as Knapp? Pahlease the best way to build a team is to have an injury prone rb and a stone handed non rout running wide out. Top that off with penalty magnet d lineman and then men. Then you have the foundation of a juggernaut!!!!

BigD1123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice I see what you did there
Cool
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
i swear, if Myers gets a 2/3 year deal im going to go ape ish.

He's a good TE. An affordable deal for 2-3 years is a problem why?

Let me guess. Because he's not Gronkowski or similar?

why? because we could do much, much better than a below average TE like him. Much rather we give a guy like Ausberry a shot than locking up Myers. We also save $$$ letting him walk and sticking with one of the young guys

Should have kept scrolling. Yup there it is. Let's give Ausberry a chance. Why? If he deserved it and earned it he'd have beaten out Myers for playing time?

Myers in an average TE. Heck, right now he's doing what Miller did for years in Oakland production wise.

Again. Because he's not a 'freak athlete' he's below average. That's misguided.

Myers is an, at best, average TE with a short ceiling. Thats why i don't want to keep him for 2/3 years, especially when the next 2 or so years are going to be rebuilding years. I much rather we let him walk and give a young guy with potential, like a David Ausberry, snaps. We both know that Myers hasn't done what Miller did here. Miller actually made DC's worry about him and he actually made an impact here.

Tell me this, how many games has he actually made an impact on?

Vs SD? nothing until deep in the 4th when the game was over
Vs Miami? nothing when the game was close, he showed up on the final 2 drives(david ausberry actually made a bigger impact on that game than him)
Vs Steelers? had a decent game, nothing special.
Vs Denver? squat
Vs Atl? good game
Vs Jags? decent game, nothing special
Vs KC? squat
Vs TB? nothing when the game was close. He showed up when we were down by 28 and the offense was in full pass mode
Vs Ravens? squat
Vs Saints? he had a decent game
Vs Cinci? nothing
Vs Cleveland? nothing special. Most of his catches came on the final drive
Vs Denver? squat
Vs KC? squat

He is very replaceable and he's not worth a 2/3 year deal. Much rather we roll with a young guy than locking him up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:

why? because we could do much, much better than a below average TE like him. Much rather we give a guy like Ausberry a shot than locking up Myers. We also save $$$ letting him walk and sticking with one of the young guys

Should have kept scrolling. Yup there it is. Let's give Ausberry a chance. Why? If he deserved it and earned it he'd have beaten out Myers for playing time?

Myers in an average TE. Heck, right now he's doing what Miller did for years in Oakland production wise.

Myers is an, at best, average TE with a short ceiling. Thats why i don't want to keep him for 2/3 years, especially when the next 2 or so years are going to be rebuilding years. I much rather we let him walk and give a young guy with potential, like a David Ausberry, snaps. We both know that Myers hasn't done what Miller did here. Miller actually made DC's worry about him and he actually made an impact here.

Vs Miami? nothing when the game was close, he showed up on the final 2 drives(david ausberry actually made a bigger impact on that game than him)
Vs Denver? squat
Vs Atl? good game
Vs KC? squat
Vs TB? nothing when the game was close. He showed up when we were down by 28 and the offense was in full pass mode
Vs Ravens? squat
Vs Cinci? nothing
Vs Denver? squat
Vs KC? squat

He is very replaceable and he's not worth a 2/3 year deal. Much rather we roll with a young guy than locking him up

You do realize that about 2/3s of the offense doesn't get going until late right? This has also been a disappointing year for TEs, I mean outside of Gronk and Tony Gonzales there hasn't been anyone that's be exceptional.
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares if Myers has a short ceiling or is average at best? Not really in a position to be cutting many players, let alone one that is doing their job. Would it be nice to have Gronk, sure. Do we have bigger needs than cutting an average TE to try to find Gronk, absolutely. Cut the guys that aren't doing their job, not the guys that are doing their job but not as well as the best players in the league.... Unfortunately, this is the position of a losing team. Once we get a solid foundation going (IE a legit reciever, QB, RB... maybe some studs in our front 7) than lets worry about upgrading.

What i don't understand is these moves that seem to do more harm than good... like trading DMAC for a 3rd and 6th.... why? Who are we gonna get in the 3rd or 6th thats gonna turn this team around? Than our ground game will be significantly worse... where is the benefit in that?

I'm open to trading DMC, but provided that its worth our while and we are actually getting something out of it... not just trading for the sake of trading him... if the values not there that's fine... but why force a trade? IMO we have a lot bigger problems than a shortage of mid round picks...
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:

Vs Denver? squat
Vs Atl? good game
Vs KC? squat
Vs Ravens? squat
Vs Cinci? nothing
Vs Denver? squat
Vs KC? squat

You do realize that about 2/3s of the offense doesn't get going until late right? This has also been a disappointing year for TEs, I mean outside of Gronk and Tony Gonzales there hasn't been anyone that's be exceptional.

Don't forget about Jason Witten. He doesn't have many TD's but he has a ton of receptions.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
Who cares if Myers has a short ceiling or is average at best? Not really in a position to be cutting many players, let alone one that is doing their job. Would it be nice to have Gronk, sure. Do we have bigger needs than cutting an average TE to try to find Gronk, absolutely. Cut the guys that aren't doing their job, not the guys that are doing their job but not as well as the best players in the league.... Unfortunately, this is the position of a losing team. Once we get a solid foundation going (IE a legit reciever, QB, RB... maybe some studs in our front 7) than lets worry about upgrading.

What i don't understand is these moves that seem to do more harm than good... like trading DMAC for a 3rd and 6th.... why? Who are we gonna get in the 3rd or 6th thats gonna turn this team around? Than our ground game will be significantly worse... where is the benefit in that?

I'm open to trading DMC, but provided that its worth our while and we are actually getting something out of it... not just trading for the sake of trading him... if the values not there that's fine... but why force a trade? IMO we have a lot bigger problems than a shortage of mid round picks...

we're not cutting him. He's an UFA. Let him walk and spend the money we would be using on him elsewhere.

fuarge
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
attack_in_s/b wrote:

we're not cutting him. He's an UFA. Let him walk and spend the money we would be using on him elsewhere.

Yea, that way we can rely on the guy who couldnt even beat out this "at best, average" TE. Winning.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
attack_in_s/b wrote:

Yea, that way we can rely on the guy who couldnt even beat out this "at best, average" TE. Winning.

yeah, because we're going to do a lot of that next year, right? fact is we're going to suck, playoffs are a pipe dream. Let him walk, save cash, and see what Ausberry could do. The Ausberry bandwagon is open, you could join me if you want lol

and im shocked a 2nd year WR turned TE coulden't beat out a 4 year vet at TE. Ausberry is a project and he looked good in limited time this year, hopefully he keeps on working and wins the job next year

fuarge
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
attack_in_s/b wrote:

yeah, because we're going to do a lot of that next year, right? fact is we're going to suck, playoffs are a pipe dream. Let him walk, save cash, and see what Ausberry could do. The Ausberry bandwagon is open, you could join me if you want lol

and im shocked a 2nd year WR turned TE coulden't beat out a 4 year vet at TE. Ausberry is a project and he looked good in limited time this year, hopefully he keeps on working and wins the job next year

If thats your line of thinking, then we might as well cut every player who is not really good. So that will leave us with what, 4 players? Great plan. If Myers wants $4M a year, then yea let him walk. But odds are he won't, and if he remains cheap we would be smart to keep him around, rather than weaken our team even more. Ausberry is a project, and thats the point. I'm fine with projects, as long as they are backups. I dont want a project starting 16 games. until they are ready

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
attack_in_s/b wrote:

But Ausberry is an athletic FREAK Zoom. Don't you get it. It's not about football skills. It's about how you look getting off the bus.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
attack_in_s/b wrote:

But Ausberry is an athletic FREAK Zoom. Don't you get it. It's not about football skills. It's about how you look getting off the bus.

PRYOR!! PRYOR!! PRYOR!! PRYOR!!!
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Sees things not working
> Puts Pryor at TE
> Undefeated

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
attack_in_s/b wrote:

I can't begin to put up a list of the players who weren't beating out the incumbent starter and who turned out to be better when they were finally given a shot. For example, Myers last year...
I won't tell you this would happen as well with Ausberry, it's just that your point doesn't hold much weight imo.

Anyway, i just hope we don't sign Myers to a huge contract and make the same mistake we did with Branch. If he's cheap, it's fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: