Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Zoom's Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Knapp was kept around, as scary as that sounds. With that said, I think it's becoming more clear & clear to Reggie that Knapp should go. Tarver is the keeper IMO.

A few things I don't like:

- RB situation. Way too mediocre & inexperienced. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like I hear Ivory's name way too often on here. He's nothing special. Goodson has been nice, but he's too injury prone to be relied on much. Jones, the staff doesn't like him. I'd much rather just keep DMC if these were the guys we'd use instead.

- Houston at RE. I don't like him at that spot. I'd much rather have a more pure pass rusher at RE and keep Houston at LE where he can contain the run & apply pressure from the right side. I like Werner, but only if we trade down. He's not a top 5 pick in my eyes.

Not too big on the players you chose in the draft, but it addresses some of our needs. Looking at the depth chart, our defense still looks very bad, but you can't fix everything in 1 offseason so it's understandable. To be honest, I think our DT & LB group got worse. Overall, I give you props for not getting carried away, but I think you tried too hard not to get carried away to make more improvements. I have a feeling Reggie will be very active, even with our current cap situation.

Also, you have Moore listed as the DE on your depth chart, but you have us picking Werner. Wink

Ha, yea thats because I wanted Moore originally and forgot to switch the roster back. As for Houston, I meant draft a RE and keep Houston at LE, just had a brain fart. Embarassed

As for the RBs, I dont think Ivory is anything special either, but I am thinking more of a rotation next year than a featured RB. Reece, Stewart, Goodson and Ivory could share time. Jones is only left there for one reason: special teams. I just dont see us getting any big name RB right now.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that

Last edited by ZoomWaffle on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

you cut dhb but dont bring any other wrs

cant really count on ford to be healthy
i hope moore is just in a soph slump
i dont like our wr situation in your mock

Only reason is I dont see us addressing every need in one offseason. We upgraded 2 OL spots, DE, CB, added depth in the secondary and got a QB to groom. I considered bringing in another WR but I just dont see us fixing everything at once.

RaiderX wrote:
Keeping Knapp, getting nothing for DHB, not upgrading the LB depth...

Again, thats not what I want, thats what I think will happen. I dont know that we could get much for DHB. Not because of his ability, but because he will cost over $7M. I think teams would be interested in him for half that amount.

La_Vader wrote:
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:

I like the first 3 or 4 picks in the draft. Definitely not against taking Honey Badger with how well Jenkins has played in St. Louis.

DHB is worthless. They are not getting anything for a mediocre WR with a bad contract who can't catch the ball.

You can get a DHB with a mid-round draft pick in any draft. He wouldn't start on a majority of teams in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i swear, if Myers gets a 2/3 year deal im going to go ape ish.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:

He's a good TE. An affordable deal for 2-3 years is a problem why?

Let me guess. Because he's not Gronkowski or similar?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:

Must be it.

Before the season started, we thought we had jack at TE. We all thought it would be the weakest link in the offense. Any one of us would have been thrilled with the level of play Myers has exhibited. Hes no Pro-Bowler/freakish athlete, but we dont need that. Whatever we sign him to, we wont find the same type of talent/production any cheaper.

La_Vader wrote:
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather wait on Pryor than waste a pick on a guy like Landry Jones. We have way too many needs to take a developmental quarterback early, especially considering the fact that we already have one on the roster.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:

why? because we could do much, much better than a below average TE like him. Much rather we give a guy like Ausberry a shot than locking up Myers. We also save $$$ letting him walk and sticking with one of the young guys

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:

Must be it.

Before the season started, we thought we had jack at TE. We all thought it would be the weakest link in the offense. Any one of us would have been thrilled with the level of play Myers has exhibited. Hes no Pro-Bowler/freakish athlete, but we dont need that. Whatever we sign him to, we wont find the same type of talent/production any cheaper.

I hate that 'if a player isn't elite' he's not worth it mentality of our fans. That's the Al Davis way. Freak athlete, no football skills.

It's the same crowd clamoring for Ausberry because he's an 'athletic TE'. But the coaches see him every week in practice. You think if he was Vernon Davis in practice, they'd be starting Myers? Yeah me neither.

We are not smarter than the coaching staff.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:

why? because we could do much, much better than a below average TE like him. Much rather we give a guy like Ausberry a shot than locking up Myers. We also save $$$ letting him walk and sticking with one of the young guys

Should have kept scrolling. Yup there it is. Let's give Ausberry a chance. Why? If he deserved it and earned it he'd have beaten out Myers for playing time?

Myers in an average TE. Heck, right now he's doing what Miller did for years in Oakland production wise.

Again. Because he's not a 'freak athlete' he's below average. That's misguided.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:

Should have kept scrolling. Yup there it is. Let's give Ausberry a chance. Why? If he deserved it and earned it he'd have beaten out Myers for playing time?

Myers in an average TE. Heck, right now he's doing what Miller did for years in Oakland production wise.

Again. Because he's not a 'freak athlete' he's below average. That's misguided.

Myers isnt great, but he has been good all year. He wont cost a whole lot, so why take a chance on a totally unknown player? I understand you'd like to see what he's got, but BP is right- the staff has seen more of him than anyone and they apparently dont think he has much to contribute as a TE. What happens if we let Myers walk and take a chance on Ausberry and he doesnt get any better than he is right now? Then we just weakened our offense when we didnt need to.

La_Vader wrote:
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I'd rather wait on Pryor than waste a pick on a guy like Landry Jones. We have way too many needs to take a developmental quarterback early, especially considering the fact that we already have one on the roster.

I dont see it as a wasted pick at all. QB right now may not be a need, but we need one to take over for Palmer pretty soon. In my mock, OL is fixed, the WR corps isnt strong, but its no worse than it is now (Streater will step in and contribute more than DHB), our pass rush improves, MLB improves, CB improves, and overall depth improves. Cant fix everything in one offseason. I looked at the guys projected for the 3rd round and didnt feel like any of them would improve our team enough to pass up on a once highly touted QB.

Pryor and Jones are nothing alike. One needs to completely overhaul the way he throws if he is ever to make it as a backup. The other one has all the physical tools but needs to learn like most rookie QBs.

La_Vader wrote:
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

I like the first 3 or 4 picks in the draft. Definitely not against taking Honey Badger with how well Jenkins has played in St. Louis.

DHB is worthless. They are not getting anything for a mediocre WR with a bad contract who can't catch the ball.

You can get a DHB with a mid-round draft pick in any draft. He wouldn't start on a majority of teams in the NFL.

Dude, everyone will line up around the block to trade away at least a 4th to take on a WR with inconsistent hands and routes and a terrible contract. Common knowledge. #getonmahlevel
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

Dude, everyone will line up around the block to trade away at least a 4th to take on a WR with inconsistent hands and routes and a terrible contract. Common knowledge. #getonmahlevel

If I'm a GM, I'm building my offense- nay, my team- around a WR who specializes in comeback routes, cant go deep, and doesnt know how to attack a ball.

La_Vader wrote:
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

If I'm a GM, I'm building my offense- nay, my team- around a WR who specializes in comeback routes, cant go deep, and doesnt know how to attack a ball.

GM

of

the

YEAR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: