Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrell Suggs will play against Denver
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Terrell Suggs will play against Denver Reply with quote

Is he nuts? With a torn bicep??

Quote:
While Ravens LB Ray Lewis will not play today, Baltimore LB Terrell Suggs will play against Denver despite his torn bicep.

http://twitter.com/adamschefter

What is he thinking? He could ruin his career with this decision.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a football player ... From what I've learned over the years is that most of them want to be in a soon as possible. If they feel like they're ready to go then they're ready to go.

Id cringe if I were a Ravens fan right now ... hopefully nothing serious happens to him.

We the North
AlexM23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Sizzle can't be stopped!

Surely if playing was putting his career at serious risk then the team doctors or whatever wouldn't allow him to play.
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree with it, but it's up to him I suppose.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately he won't have much of an impact with that injury, healthy he would but I can understand him playing. It's a must win for Baltimore.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Unfortunately he won't have much of an impact with that injury, healthy he would but I can understand him playing. It's a must win for Baltimore.

Must win? As banged up as we are, and with a tough remaining schedule, we are probably better served getting healthy for the playoffs, instead of trying to catch NE for the bye. As for the division, we only need one win or a Pitt+Cinci loss and they play each other. Missing the playoffs would be the most statistically unlikely collapse ever.

Certainly we want to win and stay alive for the bye, but this probably won't be a season changing outcome, that a player like Suggs should be taking any major risks for.

Though even banged up, he's going to be a big boost to our LB unit, which is down to the very bottom of the depth chart this week.

Last edited by wackywabbit on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Harrell played with a torn biceps at UTenn years ago after doctors told him he couldn't damage it anymore. If I recall, he played quite well that game too.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Must win? As banged up as we are, and with a tough remaining schedule, we are probably better served getting healthy for the playoffs, instead of trying to catch NE for the bye. As for the division, we only need one win or a Pitt+Cinci loss and they play each other. Missing the playoffs would be the most statistically unlikely collapse ever.

Certainly we want to win and stay alive for the bye, but this probably won't be a season changing outcome, that a player like Suggs should be taking any major risks for.

Though even banged up, he's going to be a big boost to our LB unit, which is down to the very bottom of the depth chart this week.

I too fail to realize how its a must win. Baltimore is virtually guaranteed a playoff spot at this point. If I were a Ravens fan, I'd want him to stay out and be healthy for a playoff run.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't be a factor. Clady will shut him down.

Suggs has never sacked Peyton Manning. Not once.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
tom cody

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate Suggs' commitment here but I think he's risking further injury here by playing today.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Win and clinch the division. Lose and you give Cincy(unlikely) or Pitt a chance at the division and rather than a WC home game, you play on the road.

And any chance you have to clinch your division it's a must win.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Win and clinch the division. Lose and you give Cincy(unlikely) or Pitt a chance at the division and rather than a WC home game, you play on the road.

If it was a must-win, the stakes wouldn't exactly be the same next week (and the week after).
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Rather a weak definition of "must-win". Considering they can simply win either of the next two weeks and do the same thing.

Nacho Simulation Football League
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough guy, doubt he would be allowed play if he could injury it further.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
coors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was he effective today?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: