Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Numbers' 4Ws 11Ls Mock *Updated*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot, I'm not the biggest fan of the coaching staff, Dennison is probably my 4th option behind, McCoy/Roman/Kelly and some defensive coaches.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
PhiCelek87 wrote:
Think Ansah's a reach even if blows up at the combine. Don't think enough is done here to address the offensive line.

If Peters doesn't come back - we're in trouble - need to take a offensive tackle by round 2 at the latest (or sign a free agent at that spot).

The OL thing is overblown, we lost 3 starters along the OL, take that off any OL and they will suck. We need depth and prospects we can groom. Jake Scott is a solid starter, as is Evan Mathis. Kelce is a solid center in the NFL, Caldwell is a solid backup, Danny Watkins is here no matter what as his contract is guarenteed, Dennis Kelly looks like a solid RT prospect, and Reid Fragel has the upside and talent to be a future LT in the NFL.

If Peters gets hurt, Herremans has shown he can be solid as a LT, Mathis, Scott, and Kelce are still on the inside, and Kelly can play the RT spot. Say Kelce gets hurt, Peters-Mathis-Caldwell-Scott-Herremans is still a strong OL. The depth and talent is there IMO.

The left tackle, left guard and right tackle in that situation are all at least 31 with no legitimate backups at their positions. We'd have to address the guys to take over their positions once they'll be retiring or falling apart in the next couple of years. Kelly does not look promising. He looked horrible at right guard and looked better at right tackle. The only player I would consider outside of Joeckel at 4 would be Teo in the case that we choose to run a 3-4. And in that case, I'd try to move into the late first to draft his teammate Jake Matthews. The line needs to be addressed now. Peters is no guarantee to be healthy next year, we have little to no depth of any talent, and Evan Mathis is the only guy still standing on the line from the beginning of the year despite being the oldest of the bunch.

Now I'll move onto the rest of this

William Moore would be a nice pickup but he has some injury issues. Most likely, either he or Grimes will stay in Atlanta and it will be interesting to see who leaves. I wouldn't mind having either guy.

I like the Caldwell signing a lot. Loved him coming out of Bama

As I mentioned, I really would not advise leaving Joeckel on the board, especially when you're trying to groom a young quarterback. You want him to be as comfortable with his line as possible and with this line, he'll see significant changes over the next couple of years.

I don't believe Ansah is worth that pick. I don't see enough of any DE in this draft to merit taking them this early except for possibly Werner.

I like Short, but don't know too much about Wilson. You're taking a huge risk with those 3 as your starting 3 corners, though.

I'm not a Rambo fan or a Fauria fan. I think he's an excuse to get a tall target just to have a tall target. I could do without him.

I'll have to look more into Patton - he looks intriguing

Lattimore is a wasted pick. He'll be on the IR and won't see the field anyway with Brown and McCoy ahead of him so he'll have no trade value even when he's healthy. I'd be looking towards a guy like Kenny Tate here as a safety/linebacker flyer with a ton of potential.

Overall a pretty good job. Hard to address all of the concerns in one offseason.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fly eagles fly wrote:
Hard to address all of the concerns in one offseason.
I just want to point out that this is a great comment. We are in rebuilding mode, and need to look at the 2013 team as a developing entity as opposed to a finished product.
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
fly eagles fly wrote:
Hard to address all of the concerns in one offseason.
I just want to point out that this is a great comment. We are in rebuilding mode, and need to look at the 2013 team as a developing entity as opposed to a finished product.

I concur - any offseason that would address every single concern is simply unrealistic. It's a two year job at least.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing the Lions have #5 now. They won't have to trade up to get Luke. Smile

Sig bet
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Good thing the Lions have #5 now. They won't have to trade up to get Luke. Smile

Yesh you willz!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't express enough how unsettling it would be if our back up QB going into next season was Matt Lienart. I'd rather waste a draft pick (high or low) on a Rookie and have him be #3 behind Edwards then a washed up never has been. There's nothing about Matt's game I would want starting on this team in a pinch, nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel obligated to point out that your cap savings from Vick is off. I don't know why people keep forgetting his pro-rated bonus.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
I feel obligated to point out that your cap savings from Vick is off. I don't know why people keep forgetting his pro-rated bonus.

Adam Schefter has reported that if Vick is cut before a certain point we won't owe him a dime.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

Adam Schefter has reported that if Vick is cut before a certain point we won't owe him a dime.

True. But do you know the math behind that? His signing bonus was already paid, but how it counts toward the cap is pro-rated over the life of the contract. Cutting him applies the entire remainder to that year. So you either cut him in the offseason and knock 13m off the cap then or cut him before this season ends and only have 17m to bring forward. Either way you did not account for this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has to be cut before the super bowl.....I think.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be a happy camper if this happened, Great job as always bud!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the better mocks.

That being said, I do not like Leinart at all.
And I don't believe Moore will get out of Atlanta.

But, the draft is very strong.
I'm pretty sure the Eagles would need to move up for Patton, though.

I'm, not really sold on the Lattimore pick.
If Willis McGahee went in the 1st, he should go a bit higher than that.
It really wouldn't be a big miss, either, as the Eagles are relatively strong at RB.
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:

No, 3 days after Superb Owl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:

No, 3 days after Superb Owl

Either way it affects the available cap space to move forward or the cap discount for that year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: