Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jerry Gray
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flylow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obie09 wrote:
This topic will look stupid as hell when the Packers put up 40 on us.

Or this topic will look smart as hell when the Titans hold the Packers to only 20 points and Rodgers throws 3 INTs with 3-4 sacks by Ayers, Wimbley, and Morgan. Very Happy

Of course the Titans would still lose if that happens, since that has been our season so far. However, knowing the Titans this will be the week that we somehow, in only ways God knows, play great and win. Which would totally screw up our draft position and make us miss every 'elite/very good' pass rushing draft prospect in the draft..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Quote:
@jwyattsports: In the last six weeks of the season, the #Titans are ranked 3rd in total defense, 4th in scoring, 1st in sacks, and second in interceptions.

Woah.

Where was this all-season Jerry? Did Bud really scare you that much?

To be fair a lot of the change has come around with Brown starting. Spoon couldn't fit into the scheme. Plus it took a few games for Brown to really make an impact.

We also haven't played a string of good/great teams lately.

Assuming they meant the last 6 games:

Colts - 9thY/18thP
Dolphins - 27thY/25thP
Jets - 30thY/28thp
Jaguars - 31stY/31stP
Bears - 29thY/16thP
Texans - 6thY/3rdP

Average rank in yards: 22
Average rank in points: 20

So yeah, not so great competition.

The defense overall has been playing better, though, regardless of competition.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya i think our recent success is fools gold. If we give Rodgers trouble then ill change my opinion of our defense but im just not sold on this defense long term if we cant find a beast to play along side Casey. But i still want to give props to Brown that boys playing his tail off no doubt our defense has been better with him starting now this is the part i do what i do every year and say "i cant wait until next year beacuse" i want to see Brown McCarthy an Ayers play together when McCarthys healthy

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In any case, I'm glad that our defense has been able to show a lot of improvement regardless who the competition was. It's at least good for morale if anything. But for me personally, it is not, nor was it ever about the numbers. It's always been about the attitude, the overall show of aggression that I've been dying to see. That's what was really pissing me off with Gray's playcalling. All of that deep zone BS (basically Prevent), Cover-2, no blitzing crap was just driving me up a f-cking wall. I can't stand when we play on our heels. Trying to play "not to lose". We've been seeing that crap for WAY too long. We can play better defense when we dictate the pace and take the game to our opponents and not sit back and wait for them to bring the game to us. Whether our recent improvement is fool's gold or not, it's good to see. So let's just enjoy the ride while it lasts.
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Quote:
@jwyattsports: In the last six weeks of the season, the #Titans are ranked 3rd in total defense, 4th in scoring, 1st in sacks, and second in interceptions.

Woah.

It going to be impossible for him to be fired now especially if we do just alright against the Packers and do good against the Jags.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Quote:

Woah.

It going to be impossible for him to be fired now especially if we do just alright against the Packers and do good against the Jags.

Well if Jerry keeps calling games like this and stay aggressive, then there would be no reason to get rid of him. But if he goes back to that BS we saw in the earlier part of the season, then I say cut his nuts. At this rate, it looks like all we'll need to do is add those missing pieces (a monster DT and SS) along with some added depth to really tighten up our defense. To his credit, I'll at least say that he looks like he's on the road to redemption.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Quote:

Woah.

Well if Jerry keeps calling games like this and stay aggressive, then there would be no reason to get rid of him. But if he goes back to that BS we saw in the earlier part of the season, then I say cut his nuts. At this rate, it looks like all we'll need to do is add those missing pieces (a monster DT and SS) along with some added depth to really tighten up our defense. To his credit, I'll at least say that he looks like he's on the road to redemption.

Very much agreed.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: