Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins playoff chances
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 9300
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Dolphins playoff chances Reply with quote

Been following the Dolphins all season and i noticed this morning that they still have a shot at the playoffs! Its a long stretch to be sure, but not impossible

They just need to beat the Bills and Pats, and they should be able to beat the bills and the Pats might not have much to play for

They also need the Bengals to lose to the Steelers and Ravens, which is a very realistic possibility

then they simply need the Browns to beat the Steelers, which might be the longest shot of them all

either way, its been a good year for a growing football team!
_________________


2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
12 catches 167 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TheKillerNacho


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 9646
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLAYOFFS? Don't be talking about playoffs! Playoffs..?!!

Pretty sure the scenario is this:

- Dolphins win out
- Bengals lose out
- Browns win over Steelers in Week 17

That's a lot that needs to happen... I don't see it. Better off not even discussing it.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1707
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins making the playoffs? Sure! Its about the same probability as every poster here dating a Miami Dolphin cheerleader.
_________________



Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 2, Tackles 4 Assists 2

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 2 : Death 10 Joe 7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WaterBear56


Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Posts: 3146
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Dolphins making the playoffs? Sure! Its about the same probability as every poster here dating a Miami Dolphin cheerleader.


You mean that's not true? Shocked

Anyhow, I don't think we make it but I'm crossing my fingers that we do.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazier things have happen....to tell you the truth I've been in off-season mode since the lost to NE....

As of right now I'm looking for 2 solid to good games from Tannehill and at least a win over Buffalo....even if they do make the playoffs the team is so starved of talent that they won't make it out of the 1st round.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deets


Moderator
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Posts: 12773
Location: Red Sox Nation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to finish strong. Beat the Bills, still be alive for the final weekend then give the Pats hell before we go down.
_________________

FF Member #67
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ProudDolphan47


Moderator
Joined: 07 Dec 2007
Posts: 5608
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
I just want to finish strong. Beat the Bills, still be alive for the final weekend then give the Pats hell before we go down.


Yeah this is pretty much what I expect to see...for us to have 16 legitimate meaningful games, that's a nice step. Just beat Buffalo things will take care of themselves, and odds are we aren't going to get in. But beat Buffalo.
_________________
-Proud 2011 Inductee to FF's Miami Dolphins RoH

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clutch


Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Posts: 2240
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, I don't condone tanking and I personally want the Fins to hammer Buffalo and NE. However, a win over Buffalo probably assures us 2nd in the division. Which of course gives you a tougher schedule next year. IE - SD, Indy, Pitt/Balt/Cincy vs what could be KC/Jax/Cle.

I want to see what this team is made of against a schedule like that. But for the guys that want the higher pick/easier sched, this weekend is a BIG game.
_________________
- "Who, I love Rich Camarillo." Quote from the Fish's play by play crew.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 9646
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch wrote:
Now, I don't condone tanking and I personally want the Fins to hammer Buffalo and NE. However, a win over Buffalo probably assures us 2nd in the division. Which of course gives you a tougher schedule next year. IE - SD, Indy, Pitt/Balt/Cincy vs what could be KC/Jax/Cle.

I want to see what this team is made of against a schedule like that. But for the guys that want the higher pick/easier sched, this weekend is a BIG game.


As you know, by NFL scheduling, only two games is affected by the previous year's standings. We're playing the AFC North next year so the flex teams would be from the AFC South & AFC West, respectively.

Using current standings, this is what our flex games would look like...

2nd in the division:
Colts & Chargers

3rd in the division:
Titans & Raiders

4th in the division:
Jaguars & Chiefs

Honestly I don't think its a major difference on our schedule either way. Obviously having the Colts & Chargers would be hardest but as far as flex teams go, its not a huge difference.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Deets


Moderator
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Posts: 12773
Location: Red Sox Nation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Clutch wrote:
Now, I don't condone tanking and I personally want the Fins to hammer Buffalo and NE. However, a win over Buffalo probably assures us 2nd in the division. Which of course gives you a tougher schedule next year. IE - SD, Indy, Pitt/Balt/Cincy vs what could be KC/Jax/Cle.

I want to see what this team is made of against a schedule like that. But for the guys that want the higher pick/easier sched, this weekend is a BIG game.


As you know, by NFL scheduling, only two games is affected by the previous year's standings. We're playing the AFC North next year so the flex teams would be from the AFC South & AFC West, respectively.

Using current standings, this is what our flex games would look like...

2nd in the division:
Colts & Chargers

3rd in the division:
Titans & Raiders

4th in the division:
Jaguars & Chiefs

Honestly I don't think its a major difference on our schedule either way. Obviously having the Colts & Chargers would be hardest but as far as flex teams go, its not a huge difference.


Also its the NFC South (I'm extremely glad its not the NFC North because that would be a real nightmare). Should be interesting because New Orleans, Tampa Bay, and Carolina are all above average offenses with flaws and the worst defenses in the league. Atlanta is a juggernaut. Excluding the two games we don't know yet, Atlanta, New England, Baltimore and New England II look to be the very hard games next year. That reminds me of how I saw the the SF and HOU games going into this season.
_________________

FF Member #67
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 9646
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Clutch wrote:
Now, I don't condone tanking and I personally want the Fins to hammer Buffalo and NE. However, a win over Buffalo probably assures us 2nd in the division. Which of course gives you a tougher schedule next year. IE - SD, Indy, Pitt/Balt/Cincy vs what could be KC/Jax/Cle.

I want to see what this team is made of against a schedule like that. But for the guys that want the higher pick/easier sched, this weekend is a BIG game.


As you know, by NFL scheduling, only two games is affected by the previous year's standings. We're playing the AFC North next year so the flex teams would be from the AFC South & AFC West, respectively.

Using current standings, this is what our flex games would look like...

2nd in the division:
Colts & Chargers

3rd in the division:
Titans & Raiders

4th in the division:
Jaguars & Chiefs

Honestly I don't think its a major difference on our schedule either way. Obviously having the Colts & Chargers would be hardest but as far as flex teams go, its not a huge difference.


Also its the NFC South (I'm extremely glad its not the NFC North because that would be a real nightmare). Should be interesting because New Orleans, Tampa Bay, and Carolina are all above average offenses with flaws and the worst defenses in the league. Atlanta is a juggernaut. Excluding the two games we don't know yet, Atlanta, New England, Baltimore and New England II look to be the very hard games next year. That reminds me of how I saw the the SF and HOU games going into this season.


The NFC South scares me a lot, actually... it's a toss up between them and the North. I'm thinking the Bucs & Panthers have a good chance to take a step forward next year and the Saints will probably be back to their winning ways once Sean Payton returns and Bountygate is forgotten.

Our schedule next year doesn't exactly look like a cakewalk. Of course, its really hard to talk about S.O.S. the year before... a lot can happen in the offseason.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Deets


Moderator
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Posts: 12773
Location: Red Sox Nation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Deets wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Clutch wrote:
Now, I don't condone tanking and I personally want the Fins to hammer Buffalo and NE. However, a win over Buffalo probably assures us 2nd in the division. Which of course gives you a tougher schedule next year. IE - SD, Indy, Pitt/Balt/Cincy vs what could be KC/Jax/Cle.

I want to see what this team is made of against a schedule like that. But for the guys that want the higher pick/easier sched, this weekend is a BIG game.


As you know, by NFL scheduling, only two games is affected by the previous year's standings. We're playing the AFC North next year so the flex teams would be from the AFC South & AFC West, respectively.

Using current standings, this is what our flex games would look like...

2nd in the division:
Colts & Chargers

3rd in the division:
Titans & Raiders

4th in the division:
Jaguars & Chiefs

Honestly I don't think its a major difference on our schedule either way. Obviously having the Colts & Chargers would be hardest but as far as flex teams go, its not a huge difference.


Also its the NFC South (I'm extremely glad its not the NFC North because that would be a real nightmare). Should be interesting because New Orleans, Tampa Bay, and Carolina are all above average offenses with flaws and the worst defenses in the league. Atlanta is a juggernaut. Excluding the two games we don't know yet, Atlanta, New England, Baltimore and New England II look to be the very hard games next year. That reminds me of how I saw the the SF and HOU games going into this season.


The NFC South scares me a lot, actually... it's a toss up between them and the North. I'm thinking the Bucs & Panthers have a good chance to take a step forward next year and the Saints will probably be back to their winning ways once Sean Payton returns and Bountygate is forgotten.

Our schedule next year doesn't exactly look like a cakewalk. Of course, its really hard to talk about S.O.S. the year before... a lot can happen in the offseason.


Well the thing is all of them except Atlanta are bottom 10 defenses. That bodes well if we add some weapons. Its certainly no cakewalk but there are no more real powerhouse teams then this year schedule. Also we get the Jets twice which is two easy wins!
_________________

FF Member #67
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZenZuki


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1530
Location: Drunk on Beach!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just beat Buffalo. The Pats may be resting everyone (and we play them pretty hard usually anyway), and let the rest fall where it may.

It is definitely nice to see late season meaningful games (been a long time)!

Means we're heading in the right direction (regardless if we make it to post season or not).


Bring on the Jills! Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ukdolfan


Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 8976
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really makes the losses to the Jets/Bills/Titans more painful. Win one of those and we would hold our fate in our own hands.
_________________


^ Jamison on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judson49


Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 640
Location: London
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdolfan wrote:
This really makes the losses to the Jets/Bills/Titans more painful. Win one of those and we would hold our fate in our own hands.


....and Cards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group