Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brian Quick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
The other thread is labeled as controversal. Its clearly a warning to those who are offended by such things to not enter. Easy to not click on a thread if it offends you.
Controversial and Preposterous are not the same thing.

A controversial opinion needs some evidence to back it up, just blurting hair-brained thoughts out because you are mad doesnt make it controversial, it makes them absurd.

The "how much does Steven Jackson have left" conversation can be controversial, Saying we should take a later round QB to push Sam (which is a myth) is a controversial idea, but an understandable and worthy debate. Even saying we paid too much for a Center, and he isnt going to live up to that investment is controversial, but aleast a sane one. Things like Long, Quinn, JL, Finnegan, & Zeurlein arent good, those arent controversial, they are absurd.

So you are saying that the fear of losing one's job is no longer considered a motivator? Or perhaps your suggesting that competition does not breed growth? Either way, that statement is preposterous.

Taking a rookie in the 3rd round is not going to make Sam fear for losing his job. He would be a 4th year starter that is at the very least a slightly below average starter. There isn't a mid-round QB in this years draft that will be able to come in and outperform Sam.

Correct, but having a backup QB who impresses during training camp, practices, and the pre-season would. If the right player isn't there this year then ok, move on.

Before you go and say that there is no mid-round QB that could come in and out play him, remember that there are two guys in our division that were not expected to do much in the pros that are outperforming Bradford as we speak, and neither of them has elite supporting casts.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
The other thread is labeled as controversal. Its clearly a warning to those who are offended by such things to not enter. Easy to not click on a thread if it offends you.

A controversial opinion needs some evidence to back it up, just blurting hair-brained thoughts out because you are mad doesnt make it controversial, it makes them absurd.

The "how much does Steven Jackson have left" conversation can be controversial, Saying we should take a later round QB to push Sam (which is a myth) is a controversial idea, but an understandable and worthy debate. Even saying we paid too much for a Center, and he isnt going to live up to that investment is controversial, but aleast a sane one. Things like Long, Quinn, JL, Finnegan, & Zeurlein arent good, those arent controversial, they are absurd.

So you are saying that the fear of losing one's job is no longer considered a motivator? Or perhaps your suggesting that competition does not breed growth? Either way, that statement is preposterous.

Taking a rookie in the 3rd round is not going to make Sam fear for losing his job. He would be a 4th year starter that is at the very least a slightly below average starter. There isn't a mid-round QB in this years draft that will be able to come in and outperform Sam.

Correct, but having a backup QB who impresses during training camp, practices, and the pre-season would. If the right player isn't there this year then ok, move on.

Before you go and say that there is no mid-round QB that could come in and out play him, remember that there are two guys in our division that were not expected to do much in the pros that are outperforming Bradford as we speak, and neither of them has elite supporting casts.

Seriously?

The 49ers have the best O-Line in football, a top 5 TE, a great backfield, and a pretty solid group of receivers. Not to mention the best D in the NFL.

I haven't seen enough of Wilson to say if he has outperformed Bradford. He certainly didn't look good the first time we played them. I would also take the Seahawks supporting cast over ours but its close.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
S-jax39

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Seriously?

The 49ers have the best O-Line in football, a top 5 TE, a great backfield, and a pretty solid group of receivers. Not to mention the best D in the NFL.

I haven't seen enough of Wilson to say if he has outperformed Bradford. He certainly didn't look good the first time we played them. I would also take the Seahawks supporting cast over ours but its close.

Its funny because they each have a better D, Oline and Wrs. And its not debatable.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Quick, Givens, and Amendola the answers at wide receivers for this team?
Ray

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the fact that our Offensive line will be much improved next season, plus Brian Quick having a better understanding of the play book its to early to lable him as a bust, he has good size for a receiver so lets give him time to mature .
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Seriously?

I suppose we disagree on the talent we're discussing;

Vernon Davis has never shown consistency, ever. Aside from one great season, he's never impressed me much.

The 49ers WRs are terrible. Crabtree is a pretty good player, but aside from that, what do they have? I'll agree that they have more weapons than us, but the Seahawks.....

For the record, I would rather have Bradford as our QB than Russell Wilson, or any theoretical mid round QB in the upcoming draft. However, I want someone to challenge him for his job. The worst case scenario is that Bradford improves to the point of being un-challengable. Win-Win buddy. Besides, we need a better backup anyway.....

ctp2124

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Seriously?

I suppose we disagree on the talent we're discussing;

Vernon Davis has never shown consistency, ever. Aside from one great season, he's never impressed me much.

The 49ers WRs are terrible. Crabtree is a pretty good player, but aside from that, what do they have? I'll agree that they have more weapons than us, but the Seahawks.....

For the record, I would rather have Bradford as our QB than Russell Wilson, or any theoretical mid round QB in the upcoming draft. However, I want someone to challenge him for his job. The worst case scenario is that Bradford improves to the point of being un-challengable. Win-Win buddy. Besides, we need a better backup anyway.....

Russell Wilson would be a great back-up. Here's where I disagree though: we got Chris Givens in the 4th round. He is looking like he will at the very least be a solid WR in our rotation. I'd rather us spend a pick on someone like him versus someone to just challenge Bradford.

I do see your point though.

Props to mike23md

Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, personally, I'm not satisfied with Clemons as our back up. If the right QB prospect is available in the mid rounds, I have no issues with us taking him. A la the Redskins who took a RG3 with the #2 pick, then picked Cousins in the 4th. Its just a good idea, good QB's are just so valuable. Worst case, Back up could turn into a tradeable asset if he shows something in relief duties or we have ourselves a good back up for a while.

St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD
ctp2124

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Well, personally, I'm not satisfied with Clemons as our back up. If the right QB prospect is available in the mid rounds, I have no issues with us taking him. A la the Redskins who took a RG3 with the #2 pick, then picked Cousins in the 4th. Its just a good idea, good QB's are just so valuable. Worst case, Back up could turn into a tradeable asset if he shows something in relief duties or we have ourselves a good back up for a while.

That is pretty much best case scenario. Worst case scenario is we use a mid round pick on a backup that never sees the field and has no trade value.

I do like the idea of upgrading our backup QB, but would not want to spend a pick higher than a 5th.

Props to mike23md

jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

That is pretty much best case scenario. Worst case scenario is we use a mid round pick on a backup that never sees the field and has no trade value.

I do like the idea of upgrading our backup QB, but would not want to spend a pick higher than a 5th.

I wouldn't say best case but that's a better case scenario.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Don't we have Austin Davis on the practice squad. . .? Is that essentially what you guys are asking us to draft. Would you rather have Clemens gone and Davis as our backup?

Pick 2 and 13
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Don't we have Austin Davis on the practice squad. . .? Is that essentially what you guys are asking us to draft. Would you rather have Clemens gone and Davis as our backup?

At this point in the season, absolutely. Would like to see what we have.

And yes, I meant to say best case, slipped up. Smile

St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Although I feel like Bradford could and possibly should be playing better; especially early in the game against Minnesota. I am starting to feel like people on here on underrating his ability. Sure he could make more plays but he is still the guy really driving these comebacks.

Face it we had a poor gameplan going into our game vs. Minny and we still had a chance to win. After that first AP run our entire offense looked deflated and horrible. Yet 4th quarter comes along and our QB is doing everything he can to lead us back. . .

Pick 2 and 13
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Although I feel like Bradford could and possibly should be playing better; especially early in the game against Minnesota. I am starting to feel like people on here on underrating his ability. Sure he could make more plays but he is still the guy really driving these comebacks.

Face it we had a poor gameplan going into our game vs. Minny and we still had a chance to win. After that first AP run our entire offense looked deflated and horrible. Yet 4th quarter comes along and our QB is doing everything he can to lead us back. . .

Whoa buddy.....Our offense has looked deflated and horrible for over 5 years.

Hoj398

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Whoa buddy.....Our offense has looked deflated and horrible for over 5 years.

we need a receiver that has talent like, CJ81, Aj Green, Julio Jones, Larry Fitzgerald and we need that help asap, we haven't had a dominant receiver in 5 years maybe more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: