Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rex Ryan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Rex Ryan Reply with quote

Yep, the question is about how you would feel if we fired Sheridan and made Rex Ryan our next DC. Honestly, I dont think Schiano would do it just because of Ryan's big mouth and hot head personality. He just doesnt seem like a Schiano type of guy. But as bad as our CBs have been, Sheridan has not been very good either. The defense has killed us this year. Schiano has no obligation to keep Sheridan after this season. Seriously, the dude is average at best. If only average DCs are out there then keep Sheridan but if a good one like Rex Ryan hits the market after the Jets fire him, then upgrade and fire that garbage DC Sheridan. Schiano wants to win and despite Ryan's questionable character he would be less in the spotlight and answering to Schiano so why not do whats best for our defense and get a good coach in there? On the other hand Schiano might be down with this.

Seriously though, Rex Ryan is not a HC but was one hell of a DC in Baltimore and a guy that could really help our defense get back on track. Id be all for it and this move would probably be my #1 wish this offseason if Ryan is fired.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll never happen but I think Ryan could be exactly like Wade Phillips , great DC, bad coach

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys willing to give him more money than the Chargers will as an HC? Wink
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we move to the 3-4, no. Ryan won't be a DC next year. Jets will retain him or he takes the year off and gets paid like norv turner.
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'll be a HC next year. If he were available at DC though I would at least give him a look. He runs the 3-4 though, so we'd have to draft more personnel for that, but his defenses were great in Baltimore.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but not for a lack of interest, but because we don't have the personnel.

He likes to run a 3-4, we would be set back even further on defense if we made that switch. He likes to blitz a lot, which requires really great pass rushers and CBs that can be left on an island, which we have neither.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also say no just bc he'd bring alot of attention to us in the media and not the good kind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He runs a 3-4, so no.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
He runs a 3-4, so no.

he doesnt exclusively run a 3-4. He used to run a TON of 4-6 stuff which would be great with Barron.

Im actually all for it, proven defensive genius. Cant be any worse then what we got now...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
He runs a 3-4, so no.

he doesnt exclusively run a 3-4. He used to run a TON of 4-6 stuff which would be great with Barron.

Im actually all for it, proven defensive genius. Cant be any worse then what we got now...

We could run a 0-7 and it would be better than what we have now, so I guess you're right.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
He runs a 3-4, so no.

We could run a 0-7 and it would be better than what we have now, so I guess you're right.

Ryan has been around the NFL since birth. Id feel very comfortable with him as our coordinator. He'll give our defense the kind of attitude they need. Plus he would challenge the offense everyday in practice

he's actually who I'm really hoping for

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Rex Ryan Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Yep, the question is about how you would feel if we fired Sheridan and made Rex Ryan our next DC. Honestly, I dont think Schiano would do it just because of Ryan's big mouth and hot head personality. He just doesnt seem like a Schiano type of guy. But as bad as our CBs have been, Sheridan has not been very good either. The defense has killed us this year. Schiano has no obligation to keep Sheridan after this season. Seriously, the dude is average at best. If only average DCs are out there then keep Sheridan but if a good one like Rex Ryan hits the market after the Jets fire him, then upgrade and fire that garbage DC Sheridan. Schiano wants to win and despite Ryan's questionable character he would be less in the spotlight and answering to Schiano so why not do whats best for our defense and get a good coach in there? On the other hand Schiano might be down with this.

Seriously though, Rex Ryan is not a HC but was one hell of a DC in Baltimore and a guy that could really help our defense get back on track. Id be all for it and this move would probably be my #1 wish this offseason if Ryan is fired.

Rex Ryan sucks I would not want him or his overrated brother anywhere in Tampa unless they are board Carnvial Cruise to Cozumel
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Rex Ryan Reply with quote

haggis wrote:
Rex Ryan sucks I would not want him or his overrated brother anywhere in Tampa unless they are board Carnvial Cruise to Cozumel

he might be a crappy HC but he's one of the better defensive minds in football. Dont for a second think he isnt just because of the barlin and bailey circus taking place in NY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: