Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Oklahoma City Seacheaters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
49ers
60%
 60%  [ 25 ]
Cheaters
39%
 39%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 41

rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
I'm sorry, but even if he was found guilty, I think it's hilarious that his reputation would be tarnished for taking Adderall.

Taking an illegal substance in order to gain an advantage is cheating, whichever way you want to spin it.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
I'm sorry, but even if he was found guilty, I think it's hilarious that his reputation would be tarnished for taking Adderall.

I actually agree. There is far worse things out there than Adderall. That being said, it's not so much that it was Adderall, it's the fact that if he did take it, he knew better, but did it anyway.

It's kind of like people who get jail time for smoking a certain....plant. I don't judge anyone for doing it, but I have no sympathy for anyone complaining they got jail time for something they knew was illegal.

Agreed.

To rudyZ, you can spin it however you want, but having taken Adderall, I seriously laugh at the notion that it gives him a competitive advantage.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Ataal wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I actually agree. There is far worse things out there than Adderall. That being said, it's not so much that it was Adderall, it's the fact that if he did take it, he knew better, but did it anyway.

It's kind of like people who get jail time for smoking a certain....plant. I don't judge anyone for doing it, but I have no sympathy for anyone complaining they got jail time for something they knew was illegal.

Agreed.

To rudyZ, you can spin it however you want, but having taken Adderall, I seriously laugh at the notion that it gives him a competitive advantage.
What's wrong with you SoS? There's no agreeing with the enemy.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Ataal wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Agreed.

Is there definitive proof that it was Adderall he took? I know that the NFL can't legally release what drug he and/or Browner tested positive for, and I haven't followed the situation very closely. Adderall would certainly give a competitive advantage to people, but not as much as a typical PED. Amphetamines are less beneficial for football than they are for baseball, and the suspension for them in baseball (25 games first offense) is significantly less than PEDs like steroids (50 games).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Ataal wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Agreed.

That's not the point. The point is that he took an illegal substance TO get a competitive advantage, whether it is one or not. If he needs Adderall, then he should get a prescription. If he doesn't need it and takes it, it's to gain an advantage, even if it's more an intention than an actual advantage. Players shouldn't be encouraged to intend to cheat, don't you think?

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Ataal wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Agreed.

Is there definitive proof that it was Adderall he took? I know that the NFL can't legally release what drug he and/or Browner tested positive for, and I haven't followed the situation very closely. Adderall would certainly give a competitive advantage to people, but not as much as a typical PED. Amphetamines are less beneficial for football than they are for baseball, and the suspension for them in baseball (25 games first offense) is significantly less than PEDs like steroids (50 games).

Yea, it was confirmed by Schefter that both players tested positive for Adderall.

rudyZ, he allegedly took an illegal substance. Let's stop talking as if it's definitive. And how exactly can you prove that he took it with the intention to cheat if he did take it? I mean, sure that probably makes the most sense, but I've taken Adderall just to be more alert during a groggy day or to keep me on track during a long project around the house.

Finally, it is EXTREMELY difficult to get an Adderall prescription at Sherman's age. I'm only 21 years old and my doctor told me that I would have to go through a series of psych evaluations and other things and likely wouldn't get the prescription for a whole year. I said screw that. I can't imagine an NFL player would want to go through that with their schedule.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Ataal wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Agreed.

Yea, it was confirmed by Schefter that both players tested positive for Adderall.

rudyZ, he allegedly took an illegal substance. Let's stop talking as if it's definitive. And how exactly can you prove that he took it with the intention to cheat if he did take it? I mean, sure that probably makes the most sense, but I've taken Adderall just to be more alert during a groggy day or to keep me on track during a long project around the house.

Finally, it is EXTREMELY difficult to get an Adderall prescription at Sherman's age. I'm only 21 years old and my doctor told me that I would have to go through a series of psych evaluations and other things and likely wouldn't get the prescription for a whole year. I said screw that. I can't imagine an NFL player would want to go through that with their schedule.

I can't prove, but I can assume. If he took (which I'm pretty certain he did... the second cup thing is the technicality that saved his [inappropriate/removed], nothing more) Adderall, I can't prove the intent to cheat. But why else would he take it? Recreational use? Come on.

You don't need to defend him anymore. What's done is done. He's not suspended, he can play. He got lucky. I will never defend a cheater, even if he's on my team.

UofMfan909

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Sherman has ADHD I'm sure it'd be easy for him to get Adderall. He's a professional football player... I'm sure someone would find a way to get him a prescription pretty easily. Laughing

The NFL probably has some tests to make sure it's legit, but I'm sure it wouldn't take a year or the effort it would for an average person...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
adamq wrote:
why hasn't this just been locked up yet?

Because people are still talking about it.

Yeah, people arguing about a Seahawk's non-suspension... Very 49er relevant.

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
John232

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most shocking thing I see in this thread is SoS is 21.

Mind Blown.

xsaMainevent on the sig
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:

Mind Blown.

Laughing How old did you think I was?

ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not buying Adderall. It's what everyone says these days, doesn't make you look as bad

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:

Mind Blown.

Don't worry, I thought that he was older as well Laughing
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
adamq wrote:
why hasn't this just been locked up yet?

Because people are still talking about it.

Yeah, people arguing about a Seahawk's non-suspension... Very 49er relevant.

I notice you haven't spoken up about people talking about Peyton Manning or Coby Fleener (all year). What's the difference? Peyton was a guy who could have been on the team. Fleener was a guy who people wanted on the team. Sherman is a guy that could have missed the most recent 49ers game or potentially a game in the playoffs.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
John232 wrote:

Mind Blown.

Laughing How old did you think I was?

12?

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 71 of 72

Jump to: