Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I think there's a bigger game this week (STEELERS!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hokie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few thoughts...

- I called for 10-6 preseason, then 6-10 after one of their losses earlier this year (I believe it was the Cleveland game). I said I'd eat crow if they turned it around. Here I am... yum yum yum. Laughing

- I have never been more infuriated with a coach like I was with Marvin today. I mean really, what the hell? 4th and 22, when you can kick a 50 yard FG or even punt... and you go for it? WTF? Then you actually decide to give him a chance from 56 yards? When you can pin the Steelers back and try to force a 3 and out? WTF? The Bengals won despite Marvin today, plain and simple.

- Hats off to this defense. I mean really. This is a GREAT defense, that is only a few players away from being a truly ELITE defense. We need a playmaking LB and a safety, but we can worry about that in the off-season. This defensive line may be the best in the league, and no doubt Atkins is the best interior lineman. Dude is a monster. What a draft pick...

- I'm not sure if Robinson is the long-term answer at C (and I'm a ND fan), but if he's not, we desperately need a C. Cook got manhandled by Hampton all day and it destroyed the running game.

- Dalton was hit and miss. Made some great throws, and some very questionable ones. He made the biggest pass of his career when it mattered though.

- Same goes for Green. Made the big catch but aside from that, didn't play very well at all.

- Not only does it feel good to make the playoffs, but it feels good to be the team that prevents the Steelers from making it.

- Go Giants.
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
I think all credit should go to theJ for creating this thread...

Thank you, thank you very much.

You can also thank my pessimism for creating a reverse jinx.

I know the final numbers don't reflect it, but i thought Andy played a hell of a ball game today. After the first couple of times, he really hung in the pocket and delivered some great balls. His numbers look much better if the WR's catch one or two of those deep balls (which were good throws, WR's just let em go through their hands).

I'd even go so far as to say that AJ Green cost Andy some yards and maybe a TD with his play, not the other way around.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
WOO HOO!!!

If Baltimore wins today do we sit anyone next week to get healthy before we get shellacked by New England?

Just watched the game in a pub with a load of very quiet Steeler fans.

What a win......

Our defence is playing lights out right now. If we can hold teams to under 13 like we have done the last six weeks, I like our chances against anybody.

The Jags just gave Brady everything he could handle.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
- Hats off to this defense. I mean really. This is a GREAT defense, that is only a few players away from being a truly ELITE defense. We need a playmaking LB and a safety, but we can worry about that in the off-season. This defensive line may be the best in the league, and no doubt Atkins is the best interior lineman. Dude is a monster. What a draft pick...- Go Giants.

Geno is in the last year of his contract next year, and is due to make $575k.

Anyone think he's worth a raise ?
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
- Same goes for Green. Made the big catch but aside from that, didn't play very well at all.

10 grabs for 116 in PIT will do me.......
Hokie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:

10 grabs for 116 in PIT will do me.......

The fumble was costly and he had a couple of drops. I personally don't think he played as well as the box score indicates.

LondonBengal wrote:

Certainly! As does M. Johnson and A. Smith...

And I suppose Green and Dalton do as well...
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 4th and 22 call still baffles me, as does the 56 yd field goal try with 3+ min left

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Hokie wrote:
- Hats off to this defense. I mean really. This is a GREAT defense, that is only a few players away from being a truly ELITE defense. We need a playmaking LB and a safety, but we can worry about that in the off-season. This defensive line may be the best in the league, and no doubt Atkins is the best interior lineman. Dude is a monster. What a draft pick...- Go Giants.

Lock him up this year for a decade. Kid is unreal

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Spartan300

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelieveable feeling winning today. The only thing sweeter than beating the Steelers is beating the Steelers while knocking them out of the playoffs and clinching ourselves a spot. That being said.... Marvin needs to go. I have been a supporter of him for way too long. The incompetence of the coaching staff is amazing for a playoff team. Thank God we have Zimmer. Didn't like Gruden's play calling at times today either. Great win and a great experience for all the young players to go through today. Now everyone just has to learn from these mistakes and grow from them so when we play Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in the playoffs, it doesn't happen again.This team is a couple pieces away on both sides of the ball from being Super Bowl caliber.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said we were due.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:
Now everyone just has to learn from these mistakes and grow from them so when we play Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in the playoffs, it doesn't happen again.

Lesson #1 - Do not play Jason Allen on ST...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god for defense and special teams. I would give player of the game honors to our entire ST. Huber was HUGE with his punts today. In a game of "Tressel ball", he was the difference maker. Averaged over 55 yards a boot and pinned the Squealers deep pretty much anytime he was given a chance.

Josh Brown has been amazing since signing him. I do not think too many people would complain if Nuge is out the rest of the year if he keeps doing his job.

Offense looked BAD. BJGE had 18 carries with less than 15 yards. The Stealers defense is good, I do not think they are that good.

Passing the ball, we had way too many mistakes. Picks, Fumbles, missed blocks, poorly thrown balls, drops... You name the mistake and we made it. Every time we had a chance to do damage, we couldn't stop tripping over our own feet. Hopefully we get this together going into the Playoffs.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:

I know the final numbers don't reflect it, but i thought Andy played a hell of a ball game today. After the first couple of times, he really hung in the pocket and delivered some great balls. His numbers look much better if the WR's catch one or two of those deep balls (which were good throws, WR's just let em go through their hands).

I'd even go so far as to say that AJ Green cost Andy some yards and maybe a TD with his play, not the other way around.

Say what you want about Dalton, kid is street tough, and just the type of cool level headed guy you need in our division, he won't reset his heel for anyone. Six sacks again today, but he kept goin, and pitched that beautiful out ball to AJ on that last drive.

Palmer had the big arm n'all, but there were times v PIT and BAL when he just looked plain scared. Dalton loves it.......

Remeber back to when we were beaten by DEN @ 3-5, who'd have thought we'd go 6-1 and get to the play-offs 2 years in a row.

Big congrats to the Dalton gang.......
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

I'm not sure what the rules are specifically, but Green and Dalton have to play out a certain portion of their contract before they can sign an extension or rework money. That's so the 2nd year guys don't hold out on 700k contracts.

But, the team will certainly try to extend Geno this offseason. This is the best time to do it. They have the leverage because they essentially say, sign this deal at 80-90% of market value, or play this year on 575k and risk injury. Same tactic the Ravens pulled with Ray Rice.

Unless the Bengals are just dumb about it, they'll get him extended.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Hokie wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

I'm not sure what the rules are specifically, but Green and Dalton have to play out a certain portion of their contract before they can sign an extension or rework money. That's so the 2nd year guys don't hold out on 700k contracts.

But, the team will certainly try to extend Geno this offseason. This is the best time to do it. They have the leverage because they essentially say, sign this deal at 80-90% of market value, or play this year on 575k and risk injury. Same tactic the Ravens pulled with Ray Rice.

Unless the Bengals are just dumb about it, they'll get him extended.

This.

Also, doesn't the salary-cap 'floor' kick-in this off-season ?

Mikey will have to splash some cash anyways. We all have our views about Mike Brown, but even he will see that we are on the edge of having a really good/ potentially dominant team here now that needs to be added to and not let crumble.

Hell; (sorry V112); that might even include re-signing Geathers to keep this defence together !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: