Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ted Ginn Jr.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Ted Ginn Jr. Reply with quote

Time to part ways? This clown almost cost us last night's game and has been playing subpar for the most part of the whole year. We got lucky when he didn't field that first punt, it looked like it touched him. Even if it didn't he put us in a bad position by doing that. Then later in the game he coughed up another one. I think the guy was great last year but his time to me is done here. He is becoming a liability to this team. Thoughts?

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with this. I yelled at the tv,"get away from the ball" and then he damn near KW'd it.

If I was a head coach he would have left his jersey on the bench and I would have told him to find his own flight home.

I never want a player on the field that I as a fan can make a better sound judgement on a ball then he can.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
scraly47*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel better with KW returning punts and LMJ returning kicks than Ginn doing both.

-Lork
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah his time in San Fran is up. He is no longer needed with the emergence of Kyle Williams being a pretty decent PR and having Hunter and James as primary KR's with Williams being the back up there too.

Ginn's biggest strength for the niners return game was making smart decisions and safely securing the ball. Since Ginn is struggling to do both of those things now, he provides nothing for this team. He is no long explosive and is making mental mistakes. He is as good as gone in the offseason.

Ginn, Akers, and Walker should all be worried about their positions with the team in the offseason.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
Yeah his time in San Fran is up. He is no longer needed with the emergence of Kyle Williams being a pretty decent PR and having Hunter and James as primary KR's with Williams being the back up there too.

Ginn's biggest strength for the niners return game was making smart decisions and safely securing the ball. Since Ginn is struggling to do both of those things now, he provides nothing for this team. He is no long explosive and is making mental mistakes. He is as good as gone in the offseason.

Ginn, Akers, and Walker should all be worried about their positions with the team in the offseason.

I had a feeling that we wouldn't be able to rely on Akers this year. I don't know if it is his injury or what but he flat out stinks this year. I believe Walker will be back on this team next year b/c he is a jack of all trades but we need to look at a natural pass catching TE.

-Lork
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ginn - I think he was riding those two TD returns for most of the year last year. Costanzo and company made him look better than he is with all those amazing blocks. This year, he has done nothing impressive on returns and has muffed a few plays. There's just no benefit to have him on the team at this point. He's a below average(being nice) WR and I think he got exposed at returns now that our special teams isn't "elite."

Akers - He's still a very serviceable kicker, but he's no spring chicken. I have no problem picking up a kicker with a lot of potential in the offseason this year.

Walker - Oh boy. I wish this guy would just be really good or just suck all the time. He'll make the most boneheaded plays sometimes and then, to quote Dumb and Dumber, "...and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!" The problem is, he's a pretty darn good run blocker and does a lot of things we don't notice without coaching tape, or at the very least, NFL Rewind. If we were to pick up a pure receiving tight end, what would we be giving up? That's a metric that is very hard to quantify.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:

I agree about Ginn and Akers, but Walker needs to stay. He makes some really good plays in the passing game, and he is a really big part in the running game.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

I agree about Ginn and Akers, but Walker needs to stay. He makes some really good plays in the passing game, and he is a really big part in the running game.

I want walker to stay too and i like him the most out of all three of them but man, where is this dude's head at sometimes. All of his mistakes seem to be in crucial situations and are very visible. I've always been a big fan of Walker cuz he seems like a good guy and I've always liked his potential to do many different things and be a mismatch but sometimes I think he mentally takes plays off and when that seems to happen, they throw the ball his way.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
mrscottso wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

I want walker to stay too and i like him the most out of all three of them but man, where is this dude's head at sometimes. All of his mistakes seem to be in crucial situations and are very visible. I've always been a big fan of Walker cuz he seems like a good guy and I've always liked his potential to do many different things and be a mismatch but sometimes I think he mentally takes plays off and when that seems to happen, they throw the ball his way.

I've said it since last year: Walker is the perfect #3 TE/H-Back.

Ginn has to go. Akers too.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
mrscottso wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

I've said it since last year: Walker is the perfect #3 TE/H-Back.

Ginn has to go. Akers too.

I agree that Walkers best used in multiple roles and a #3 H-Back/TE is a good fit for him. Now im hoping and this may be wishful thinking but im still hoping that Garrett Celek becomes at the very least half of what his brother is. I know Celek is and will be largely overlooked because this forum really wants to draft a TE that acts looks and talks like Coby Fleener but dont sleep on the guy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That punt return from Ginn near the end of the game almost cost us where he muffed it then fell on it. I didn't like that. I think he's probably done returning anything for us this year.

"Keep choppin' wood"
scraly47*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
That punt return from Ginn near the end of the game almost cost us where he muffed it then fell on it. I didn't like that. I think he's probably done returning anything for us this year.

He's lucky that KW got hurt or else Ginn may have been waived already.

-Lork
blast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude pulled a KDub. But the replay looked like he had every intention of fielding the punt and he COMPLETELY misses it.

Himself, Akers, and Walker are gone next season.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

He's lucky that KW got hurt or else Ginn may have been waived already.
The one near the end could have been huge too though. He dove into it after he muffed it. I think he won't be returning anything anymore. He got a pass the first few times but last night was inexcusable.

"Keep choppin' wood"
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played in the NFL, but I have played football, and other sports, in wet conditions. Without gloves, and even then it's tough, the ball is slippery. Wet grass changes the way you run. It just does. It changes the way you do a lot of things.

So, I'm willing to give a pass to Ginn for this game for having to drop on the ball after muffing it. Still, there's just no excuse to go running up to a ball that you're not going to catch because of the possibility that it hits you. This is the one team in the league that it should be engraved into their brains after last year's NFCCG. That wasn't a weather condition thing. It was just a very poor decision. Let that sucker roll if you have to. We have Gore and LMJ. We can get out out of situations like starting off on our 1-yard line. A turnover is much worse.

You add that to a very ....meh performance on returns this year and Ginn needs to go. He's a one-trick pony at this point and he's not even very good at it. Let someone else do it that does more for us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: