Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets (6-7) @ Titans (4-9) MNF.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Titans
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
Jets
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Author Message
Finnerception


Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 12960
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But did anyone have a live reaction from Ruskie to Michael Griffin's picks?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3916
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
But did anyone have a live reaction from Ruskie to Michael Griffin's picks?


I am pretty sure he had to change his underwear. Shocked Laughing
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3916
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
jwyattsports #Titans receiver Kendall Wright said after the game he suffered at least one cracked rib vs Jets

_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10718
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locker had some bad moments, like holding on to the ball, taking sacks, overthrow/underthrow, inaccurate throws.

However, lets not forget the Jets defense isn't actually terrible. They are a good unit and their secondary is ranked respectably high.
They did show some overhead shots when he didn't have anywhere to go with the ball and the WRs were pretty much covered. He would have had to throw into coverage, which we saw him do later rather than eat it or tuck and run.


So I'm very critical of his play, but also remembering who he played against and what the WRs did. I hate to invest more picks at the WR spot but if Britt and Washington (two guys who should be clicking by now) can't get it done then we need to keep looking. Wright I give a slight pass, because he a rookie. But could have used him more often yesterday too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VY


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 2988
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The depressing part with Locker is the pretty much complete lack of composure he shows. Even when he does hit on a good throw its rarely a smooth drop-back and strike. Generally looks skittish in the pocket, gets happy feet.

If you look around the league, most of the top-tier QB's have been playing pro-style offense since even high school now. I just fear we're going to be left in the dust as we wait for Locker to either figure it out next season or look to the next option.

I don't think it's a guarantee that Locker is our guy next year, you only need to look at the Peyton Manning chase last year to see that. I wonder when Bud will pipe up next. If anything it would just be entertaining as we're putting up these stinkers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UTMoc10


Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 2548
Location: Lakeland, Fl
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Locker had some bad moments, like holding on to the ball, taking sacks, overthrow/underthrow, inaccurate throws.

However, lets not forget the Jets defense isn't actually terrible. They are a good unit and their secondary is ranked respectably high.
They did show some overhead shots when he didn't have anywhere to go with the ball and the WRs were pretty much covered. He would have had to throw into coverage, which we saw him do later rather than eat it or tuck and run.


So I'm very critical of his play, but also remembering who he played against and what the WRs did. I hate to invest more picks at the WR spot but if Britt and Washington (two guys who should be clicking by now) can't get it done then we need to keep looking. Wright I give a slight pass, because he a rookie. But could have used him more often yesterday too.



I'm not worried about our WR's. Cro shadowed Britt the majority of the night and did a very good job. If you go back and look at the numbers he's given up to other WR's this year it's pretty impressive.

I think if you give Jake this last couple of games to grow, get some more playing time and a full offseason with 100% of the 1st team reps you'll see a much better guy next season.

If we can sign an OG in FA like Levitre from Buffalo or Foster from Pitt, a good DT or DE in the draft like Richardson, Hankins, Jenkins, Werner, Jordan, etc... we could be a lot better. We have the skill players but we need the guys down in the trenches to make more of an impact.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Titan
-----------------------
Through Week 5
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 3156
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
The depressing part with Locker is the pretty much complete lack of composure he shows. Even when he does hit on a good throw its rarely a smooth drop-back and strike. Generally looks skittish in the pocket, gets happy feet.

If you look around the league, most of the top-tier QB's have been playing pro-style offense since even high school now. I just fear we're going to be left in the dust as we wait for Locker to either figure it out next season or look to the next option.

I don't think it's a guarantee that Locker is our guy next year, you only need to look at the Peyton Manning chase last year to see that. I wonder when Bud will pipe up next. If anything it would just be entertaining as we're putting up these stinkers.


I agree Locker really isn't inspiring much confidence at this point.

Also your comment about Bud is scary but completely accurate. There's no telling what the hell he might do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3916
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone noticed the graphic last night during the game where it said that Andrew Luck had like 23 turnovers this season. That is tops in the league. I forgot who the other 2 were in the top 3. Anyway, Jake had a terrible outting against one of the best defensive minds in football. He had a patchwork OL and his best WR last night was questionably a practice squad WR in Preston(who I have liked since he has been here by the way).

If you thought he was running for his life last night, wait until Sunday when he faces BJ Raji & Matthews in Green Bay. Fix the OL this offseason FINALLY and give him a full offseason with Loggains and I will make my final judgement on Jake after 2013. Untl then, I am willing to let him take his lumps and deal with the roller coaster of a young QB who is learning from his mistakes. Like him or hate him, he doesn't make the same mistakes over and over again like the opposing QBs last night.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titanrick


FF Fanatic

Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 11920
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
The depressing part with Locker is the pretty much complete lack of composure he shows. Even when he does hit on a good throw its rarely a smooth drop-back and strike. Generally looks skittish in the pocket, gets happy feet.


I agree that is not a good sign. But it's also not a confirmation that he's doomed to fail. I don't know if you're old enough to remember watching Favre in his first couple years, but Locker's skittishness reminds me a lot of Favre in his first year or two.
_________________


Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. - John Wilmot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3916
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
VY wrote:
The depressing part with Locker is the pretty much complete lack of composure he shows. Even when he does hit on a good throw its rarely a smooth drop-back and strike. Generally looks skittish in the pocket, gets happy feet.


I agree that is not a good sign. But it's also not a confirmation that he's doomed to fail. I don't know if you're old enough to remember watching Favre in his first couple years, but Locker's skittishness reminds me a lot of Favre in his first year or two.


That's who I said he reminded me of when they drafted him. I have heard some say he compares to Donovan McNabb & Mac9 early in their careers and some naysayers say Kyle Boller. Oh well everyone is entitled to their opinion.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 13214
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Locker had some bad moments, like holding on to the ball, taking sacks, overthrow/underthrow, inaccurate throws.

However, lets not forget the Jets defense isn't actually terrible. They are a good unit and their secondary is ranked respectably high.
They did show some overhead shots when he didn't have anywhere to go with the ball and the WRs were pretty much covered. He would have had to throw into coverage, which we saw him do later rather than eat it or tuck and run.


So I'm very critical of his play, but also remembering who he played against and what the WRs did. I hate to invest more picks at the WR spot but if Britt and Washington (two guys who should be clicking by now) can't get it done then we need to keep looking. Wright I give a slight pass, because he a rookie. But could have used him more often yesterday too.


It seems like we are running too many pass plays that take a long time to develop, and running them very early in games. We are trying to be TOO vertical it seems, and that doesn't allow any of our receivers and Locker to get in a rhythm because it is too difficult to do so like that. I want to see Loggains run some more quick-pass, 3-step drops earlier in games to allow our guys to get on the same page early and gain momentum.

I think it has been on the playcalling lately just as much on the receivers not being able to get open. It seems that they are running long-developing routes and Jake hasn't had enough time in the pocket to let the routes develop.
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 3012
Location: NC
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:

If you thought he was running for his life last night, wait until Sunday when he faces BJ Raji & Matthews in Green Bay. Fix the OL this offseason FINALLY and give him a full offseason with Loggains and I will make my final judgement on Jake after 2013. Untl then, I am willing to let him take his lumps and deal with the roller coaster of a young QB who is learning from his mistakes. Like him or hate him, he doesn't make the same mistakes over and over again like the opposing QBs last night.


This is how I feel. Give Locker a full offseason with Loggins and knowing that he's coming in as the starter. At this point, it's just to short of a sample size for me to be overly concern. For example, here are some stats from the first 9 games as the starter for a few great QBS (I included Jake Locker for comparison sake).

John Elway-1386 yards, 6 TDs, 10 INT, 45.4 completion% (4-5 record)
Steve McNair-1605 yards, 10 TDs, 8 INT, 53.8 completion%(4-5 record)
Eli Manning-1314 yards, 9 TDs, 11 INT, 51.5 completion% (3-6 record)
Drew Brees-1663 yards, 10 TDs, 10 INT, 62.2 completion% (6-3 record)
Donovan McNabb-1244 yards,10 TDS, 9 INT, 51.2 completion%(3-6 record)
Jake Locker-1884 yards,9 TDS, 9 INT, 57.6 completion%(3-6 record)

Locker compares favorably with these guys. I'm not saying he'll become as good as them (heck, he could be the next David Carr, Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington,ect.) but as I said before it's too early for me to be concerned about him. At this point you can't determine if this is just the growing pains of being a young QB or if he's just not an NFL caliber starting QB.
_________________
Adopt A Titan

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 38236
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
But did anyone have a live reaction from Ruskie to Michael Griffin's picks?


Very Happy
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 12376
Location: Kuwait City
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I was pretty drunk at that point, but did I see a triple option play called on 3rd and short and Locker pitch it back 10 yards? Yeah.... let's not do that anymore.
_________________
My Student wrote:
Give your girlfriend my number, Mr. Garrett. I may be 12, but she deserves a real man. Not someone that gives homework in Math and Science the same night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55932
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Also, I was pretty drunk at that point, but did I see a triple option play called on 3rd and short and Locker pitch it back 10 yards? Yeah.... let's not do that anymore.


Yup. I about put my fist through my TV.

I can't stand the dumbassery we have for coaches.
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group