Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arrogance
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CadeMcGrossman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: The Arrogance Reply with quote

One thing that does get me about Lovie & Co. is their arrogance when challenged by anyone outside of the organization. Check out this little nugget:

Quote:
Appearing Sunday night with sports anchor Lou Canellis on WFLD-Ch. 32, Urlacher bristled when told that fans and the media were being critical of Smith.

"Two of the people I don't care about: fans or media," Urlacher said. "They can say what they want to about our head coach, about our players. ... It does bother me. They don't know what they're talking about, obviously.

"I know there are a lot of experts in the media, a bunch of smart guys out there who know exactly what they're talking about all the time. They don't know what they're talking about. Lovie is the head coach of this football team and hopefully will be for a long time."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-urlacher-fans-smith-20121217,0,5307393.story

Really Brian? Because it seems like many fans and media people saw this coming. In fact, there have been many seasons when the 'experts' and some fans have said this team just wasn't good enough, or that this team had to fix X or Y and it ended up being absolutely true - except, apparently to guys like Lovie Smith and yourself. Also, it bothers the hell out of me that the guy shilling products like Comcast on TV and other stuff via his Twitter feed would dump on the fans like that. How about he just either shuts his mouth and says nothing at all or just states the truth which is that the fans pay to be at the game and can choose to cheer or boo - it's their right. The smugness of this regime just kills me. IF they were able to ever back it up, it might be dismiss-able. But that just hasn't happened yet.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember him saying this in 2008 and 2009 when Lovie's job was up in the air.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Nads786

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's why Brian is not a GM. He will be loyal to his coach no matter what, he doesn't know whats best for this organization.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had an issue with the arrogance ever since the Super Bowl.

Im usually on the optimistic side as a fan but that that off-season right after the Super Bowl we basically just picked up ALL luxury players and then trade Thomas Jones.

Pretty much every year since then the regime just acted like no one should question them. I said for a while that Lovie obviously had a hand in alot of Angelo's personnel moves.

It truly is just time for a change. As far as Urlacher's comments. I didnt really care, Urlacher has never been the most diplomatic, haha.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The Arrogance Reply with quote

Well frankly he's right. Chicago's sports media is, for the most part, stupid and arrogant, and a high percentage of the fans are fickle and regurgitate everything the media tells them.

His comments shouldn't bother anybody because he worked harder than anybody else on the field or in the office to win a Lombardi trophy. It's greatly disappointing to look back at all of the Bears greats who won a championship and then look at Urlacher and realize how close he has come but ultimately has fallen short because of players and suits who couldn't pull their weight. It's a pretty great injustice, and it has to be frustrating to him knowing that the window is about to close if it hasn't already.
CadeMcGrossman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: The Arrogance Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Well frankly he's right. Chicago's sports media is, for the most part, stupid and arrogant, and a high percentage of the fans are fickle and regurgitate everything the media tells them.

His comments shouldn't bother anybody because he worked harder than anybody else on the field or in the office to win a Lombardi trophy. It's greatly disappointing to look back at all of the Bears greats who won a championship and then look at Urlacher and realize how close he has come but ultimately has fallen short because of players and suits who couldn't pull their weight. It's a pretty great injustice, and it has to be frustrating to him knowing that the window is about to close if it hasn't already.

I understand his frustration and also acknowledge the fact that it's a shame he doesn't have a ring and probably won't get one. But you just don't group the fans and media into one group and trash them like that. It's not like he said 'some fans' or 'some members of the media'. He grouped them all in, which includes us and any other die-hard fans who have stuck with the team for decades. There's loyalty and then there's blind loyalty. It's admirable that some of his players want to go down with the ship, but they don't need to alienate the fanbase and degrade the media to do it. It's especially fickle when you actually take Lovie's record as a whole.

Fact is, Brian could stopped, thought about it, and just bitten his toungue and said 'next question'. He's done that plenty of times before. Instead, he took his frustrations out on the fans.
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Arrogance Reply with quote

CadeMcGrossman wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

I understand his frustration and also acknowledge the fact that it's a shame he doesn't have a ring and probably won't get one. But you just don't group the fans and media into one group and trash them like that. It's not like he said 'some fans' or 'some members of the media'. He grouped them all in, which includes us and any other die-hard fans who have stuck with the team for decades. There's loyalty and then there's blind loyalty. It's admirable that some of his players want to go down with the ship, but they don't need to alienate the fanbase and degrade the media to do it. It's especially fickle when you actually take Lovie's record as a whole.

Fact is, Brian could stopped, thought about it, and just bitten his toungue and said 'next question'. He's done that plenty of times before. Instead, he took his frustrations out on the fans.

Brian always does this. He did it earlier in the year. I heard him in an interview saying that the fans could kiss his butt because they were ignorant. Well, you know what Brian? Your playing days are just about done. If you want us to buy the wares you're hawking, how about not insulting all of us?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: The Arrogance Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
CadeMcGrossman wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Brian always does this. He did it earlier in the year. I heard him in an interview saying that the fans could kiss his butt because they were ignorant. Well, you know what Brian? Your playing days are just about done. If you want us to buy the wares you're hawking, how about not insulting all of us?

Yea, that was kind of what I was getting at. Really Brian(and most the Bears regime for that matter), have always been jerks.

It kind of reflects in Brians career also, when you think about the Hall of Fame MLB for the Chicago Bears, Urlacher has had very few endorsement deals. Even now, his only endorsement is him being a jerk to people for Direct TV, haha Laughing

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
ConVict90

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
And that's why Brian is not a GM. He will be loyal to his coach no matter what, he doesn't know whats best for this organization.

And I suppose the fans in this forum do? Yeah being a die heart Bears fan can cause severe anxiety but if you are the type of "fan" that becomes irrational towards the players or coaches before the season ends then you should find a new team to root for.. preferably the Packers or Patriots
TD: 7
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Urlacher. Most fans are morons.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The Arrogance Reply with quote

CadeMcGrossman wrote:
One thing that does get me about Lovie & Co. is their arrogance when challenged by anyone outside of the organization. Check out this little nugget:

Quote:
Appearing Sunday night with sports anchor Lou Canellis on WFLD-Ch. 32, Urlacher bristled when told that fans and the media were being critical of Smith.

"Two of the people I don't care about: fans or media," Urlacher said. "They can say what they want to about our head coach, about our players. ... It does bother me. They don't know what they're talking about, obviously.

"I know there are a lot of experts in the media, a bunch of smart guys out there who know exactly what they're talking about all the time. They don't know what they're talking about. Lovie is the head coach of this football team and hopefully will be for a long time."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-urlacher-fans-smith-20121217,0,5307393.story

Really Brian? Because it seems like many fans and media people saw this coming. In fact, there have been many seasons when the 'experts' and some fans have said this team just wasn't good enough, or that this team had to fix X or Y and it ended up being absolutely true - except, apparently to guys like Lovie Smith and yourself. Also, it bothers the hell out of me that the guy shilling products like Comcast on TV and other stuff via his Twitter feed would dump on the fans like that. How about he just either shuts his mouth and says nothing at all or just states the truth which is that the fans pay to be at the game and can choose to cheer or boo - it's their right. The smugness of this regime just kills me. IF they were able to ever back it up, it might be dismiss-able. But that just hasn't happened yet.
Well if the reason Lovie is to be here a long time is that his team goes on a six game win streak and keeps winning, then I agree with Brian. However, since my chances of marrying Helen of Troy are slightly higher than that, I don't.

You are right when you point to the obvious need to be likeable if your bank account will profit thereby.

However, listen to Smith's press conference today and tell me that is not a throughly defeated man. He knows only a miracle can save him now.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
I have had an issue with the arrogance ever since the Super Bowl.

Im usually on the optimistic side as a fan but that that off-season right after the Super Bowl we basically just picked up ALL luxury players and then trade Thomas Jones. You can't blame Angelo for trading Jones. He demanded a trade the year before and was promised it would be done the next year. To keep him after that would have cost way more money than they could commit at RB.

Pretty much every year since then the regime just acted like no one should question them. I said for a while that Lovie obviously had a hand in alot of Angelo's personnel moves. It was widely claimed at the time his new contract was signed and everything which has happened since confirms that was the case.

It truly is just time for a change. As far as Urlacher's comments. I didnt really care, Urlacher has never been the most diplomatic, haha.
I heard he was joining the State Department upon Retirement.
ak06max

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: The Arrogance Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
CadeMcGrossman wrote:

Quote:

Well if the reason Lovie is to be here a long time is that his team goes on a six game win streak and keeps winning, then I agree with Brian. However, since my chances of marrying Helen of Troy are slightly higher than that, I don't.

You are right when you point to the obvious need to be likeable if your bank account will profit thereby.

However, listen to Smith's press conference today and tell me that is not a throughly defeated man. He knows only a miracle can save him now.

Yes he knows he is in his last days. Urlacher doesnt want to see this happen. I truly believe Urlacher will only come back if Lovie is the HC moving forward thats where his frustration lies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
I love Urlacher. Most fans are morons.

The definition of "moron" is hiring Mike Tice as OC.
51to54

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as Urlacher is not commenting on his third DUI or his seventh child out of wedlock or why the gun found in his car that was used in the barroom killing really isn't his gun, I don't really care too much if he berates some fans and media.

I do care if the Bears overpay to keep him around if he cannot regain some of his physical ability before next season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: