Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update: Chan Gailey fired (pg. 7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
We've played musical chairs long enough. I don't see anyone better coming here. I'll choose stability and continuity for the first time in a long time. The musical chairs doesn't help anything. Give him an NFL caliber QB.

the thing is we need a stable coach. I'm all for stability but Chan is not stable. A guy who has not been mentioned but i would be willing to give a shot is Mike Singletary. The guy can motivate players. If we bring in some coordinators who have a plan and know what they are doing and give Singletary a shot as our HC i could see some things happening.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Assuming the worst, we will finish the year 5-11. So lets look at Gaileys three years here..

Year 1: QB Competition in Training Camp, elects to go with Edwards...after two games decides to go release Edwards and promotes Fitzpatrick and hasn't looked back since. Team started off 0-8 but went 4-4 in the final 8 games with some promise heading into his second year.

Division record: 1-5
Overall record: 4-12
Grade: D

Year 2: Fitzpatrick is the starter going into shorten camp due to lockout. Team starts off incredibly hot going 5-2. Offense could score points and defence was creating a lot of turnovers. After a big win against Washington in Toronto, things started falling apart. Starters Eric Wood, Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, Donald Jones, Terrence McGee, and Ryan Lindell ended the season on IR. Fitzpatrick played the last half of the year with broken ribs. The season was written off by some due to the amount of injuries to our starters.

Division record: 1-5
Overall Record: 6-10
Grade: C

Year 3: Mario Williams SIGNS IN BUFFALO! Great news right? Playoffs here we come! There was so much hype around the Bills in the off-season, they retained their own stars in Freddy Jackson and Stevie Johnson, as well as signed the best FA prize in DE Mario Williams. The year started out tough with a blowout lost to the Jets. Team bounced back with two wins but then hit another skid. Fitzpatrick is having a terrible year, and Gailey doesn't utilize our two best players in Freddy and Spiller. CJ has only had 1 game with over 20 carries (a win against Miami) and he calls terrible plays at the most inopportune times. The team lacks heart and a pulse.

Division record prediction: 1-5
Overall record prediction: 5-11
Grade: F

This has been far an away Gaileys worst year as a HC. This team has too much talent to be flopping like this. Here is the list of starting QB's we have beaten since Gailey has been at the helm..

Matthew Stafford
Carson Palmer
Colt McCoy
Chad Henne (x2)
Matt Cassel (x2)
Jason Cambell
Tom Brady
Michael Vick
John Beck
Brandon Weeden
Kevin Kolb
Ryan Tannehill.

Not overly impressive wins other then the comeback win against New England. Is Gailey improving this team?

No.
Wasn't Shaun Hill starting for Stafford when they played DET?

Yes, you are correct, which is even worse for Gailey.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd hang onto Fitz one more year. He has a lot left on his contract IIRC and would allow us more time to get a rookie QB ready to play. Keep in mind that this QB class is not very impressive, so odds are anyone we find will need more than just one off-season to get ready to run whatever offense we have. Let's say the rookie could start by mid-season though, then you would have a very good back-up QB in Fitz.

As for Nix, I understand he is up there in age. Whaley could probably handle the jump up in responsibility, however I still would want Nix around for one more year to aid the transition...kind of like an adviser.

Last, Chan...I've never been impressed by him...not when he was hired and not now. I understand the desire to keep Chan for stability as opposed to constant change, but ask yourself this: Do you really expect Chan to be successful if given another year? I honestly do not think he will improve. He is what he is...questionable playcalls given the situation, lack of any real fire/motivational ability, and confused about what the offensive strength of this team actually is. He's had 3 years to improve this team. What has happened is that Nix has upgraded the roster, giving Gailey better weapons, yet we seem to have continued to circle the toilet. IMHO it's time to yank the bandage and show Chan the door.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd hang onto Fitz one more year. He has a lot left on his contract IIRC and would allow us more time to get a rookie QB ready to play. Keep in mind that this QB class is not very impressive, so odds are anyone we find will need more than just one off-season to get ready to run whatever offense we have. Let's say the rookie could start by mid-season though, then you would have a very good back-up QB in Fitz.

As for Nix, I understand he is up there in age. Whaley could probably handle the jump up in responsibility, however I still would want Nix around for one more year to aid the transition...kind of like an adviser.

Last, Chan...I've never been impressed by him...not when he was hired and not now. I understand the desire to keep Chan for stability as opposed to constant change, but ask yourself this: Do you really expect Chan to be successful if given another year? I honestly do not think he will improve. He is what he is...questionable playcalls given the situation, lack of any real fire/motivational ability, and confused about what the offensive strength of this team actually is. He's had 3 years to improve this team. What has happened is that Nix has upgraded the roster, giving Gailey better weapons, yet we seem to have continued to circle the toilet. IMHO it's time to yank the bandage and show Chan the door.

I would bet money on this happening

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice little article

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/52855/chan-gailey-ryan-fitzpatrick-era-must-end-in-buffalo

and you with me.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.......Can someone do a "Fire Chan" sig? I would volunteer but I have almost zero photoshop skills when it comes to sigs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
So.......Can someone do a "Fire Chan" sig? I would volunteer but I have almost zero photoshop skills when it comes to sigs.
With the slogan "Can Chan"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, "No We Chan't"? Haha, ok maybe that one's a little lame.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hearing Gailey us done in Buffalo !!
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:

From who?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard a rumor a few days ago that Jon Gruden was visiting Ralph Wilson in Detroit. I have no legitimate source though.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cornelius Bennett‏@realcbennett97

How about this Bills fans!!!! Bruce Arians

Bennett just tweeted this....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Quote:
Cornelius Bennett‏@realcbennett97

How about this Bills fans!!!! Bruce Arians

Bennett just tweeted this....

i wouldn't be upset with Arians, but i think we can do better. I like Gus Bradley and Mike Zimmer right now.

and you with me.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:

Was it from this? This is the only thing I could find.
(On twitter)
Quote:
BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Buffalo Bills "Leaning" towards firing Chan Gailey (GM still trying to keep him)but support in org is dwindling

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy White, I believe reported it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: