Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update: Chan Gailey fired (pg. 7)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Buffalo_Kid


Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 4692
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Update: Chan Gailey fired (pg. 7) Reply with quote

We have been talking about it in several different threads so i thought i would just make this new one to contain all the discussion on not only Chan, but Nix, Fitz, and all of the team and possible transition to come. Nix says that Chan is his man, but as his three season will tell you he is not. and Chan says that Fitz is his guy, but once again, no. So lets discuss. will Gailey get the boot? is Nix on the hot seat? COULD WE PLEASE GET A QB? lets hear it
_________________

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9302
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole regime has to go.. Its doesn't make financial sense to cut Fitz but give me Alex Smith, Mike Vick, Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley whoever.

I'm still adamant we aren't far of from contention.. Sign a Daryl Smith or draft a LB and keep Byrd and are defense should hold
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 3570
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the worst, we will finish the year 5-11. So lets look at Gaileys three years here..

Year 1: QB Competition in Training Camp, elects to go with Edwards...after two games decides to go release Edwards and promotes Fitzpatrick and hasn't looked back since. Team started off 0-8 but went 4-4 in the final 8 games with some promise heading into his second year.

Division record: 1-5
Overall record: 4-12
Grade: D

Year 2: Fitzpatrick is the starter going into shorten camp due to lockout. Team starts off incredibly hot going 5-2. Offense could score points and defence was creating a lot of turnovers. After a big win against Washington in Toronto, things started falling apart. Starters Eric Wood, Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, Donald Jones, Terrence McGee, and Ryan Lindell ended the season on IR. Fitzpatrick played the last half of the year with broken ribs. The season was written off by some due to the amount of injuries to our starters.

Division record: 1-5
Overall Record: 6-10
Grade: C

Year 3: Mario Williams SIGNS IN BUFFALO! Great news right? Playoffs here we come! There was so much hype around the Bills in the off-season, they retained their own stars in Freddy Jackson and Stevie Johnson, as well as signed the best FA prize in DE Mario Williams. The year started out tough with a blowout lost to the Jets. Team bounced back with two wins but then hit another skid. Fitzpatrick is having a terrible year, and Gailey doesn't utilize our two best players in Freddy and Spiller. CJ has only had 1 game with over 20 carries (a win against Miami) and he calls terrible plays at the most inopportune times. The team lacks heart and a pulse.

Division record prediction: 1-5
Overall record prediction: 5-11
Grade: F

This has been far an away Gaileys worst year as a HC. This team has too much talent to be flopping like this. Here is the list of starting QB's we have beaten since Gailey has been at the helm..

Matthew Stafford
Carson Palmer
Colt McCoy
Chad Henne (x2)
Matt Cassel (x2)
Jason Cambell
Tom Brady
Michael Vick
John Beck
Brandon Weeden
Kevin Kolb
Ryan Tannehill.

Not overly impressive wins other then the comeback win against New England. Is Gailey improving this team?

No.
_________________


I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigbadbuff23835


Joined: 22 Sep 2008
Posts: 8705
Location: NY
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know who I dislike more, Chan or Fitz. I love this team outside of those two and Barnett. I really do like all of our other starters. This team should not look like this. I've literally seen about 5 guys show heart on this team. Freddy, Stevie, CJ, Marcel, Kyle, Mario and Lindell. Ok so 7. Chan is seriously a joke. The one positive out of these guys is our drafting though which is probably more so Nix so I'm fine with keeping him.

We need a QB in the worst of ways. Call up San Diego and offer two 1sts and a 4 th for Rivers then throw a blank check at Bowe.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
leeevans83d


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 1984
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping all day today that I would get a text saying that he had been relieved of his duties, but I didn't. I am pissed to say the least about the fact that he is still here and the way our season has gone. :-& d'oh! Brick wall Not talking
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9302
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
I was hoping all day today that I would get a text saying that he had been relieved of his duties, but I didn't. I am pissed to say the least about the fact that he is still here and the way our season has gone. :-& d'oh! Brick wall Not talking


Still rare a team relieves a HC thru a season.. I'm sure he will be gone immediately after
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Buffalo_Kid


Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 4692
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the beginning of the year i was hoping for 8-8, and didn't want us to fire Gailey even if we went 7-9. But i just can't justify keeping him. we need to save this team from Chan Gailey. Some of the calls he makes come right out of left field. its just ridiculous. This year we have taken a giant step backwards.
_________________

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigBillsFan13


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 15444
Location: So Cal
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I'm just glad I'm not the only one who wants him gone anymore. I've hated him as our HC since the day he was hired, and it seems like his time has finally come. I really don't see how Buddy/our FO can justify keeping him around anymore.
_________________
jrry32 wrote:
Give me the balls. Laughing
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsnydes


Joined: 19 Mar 2007
Posts: 1633
Location: Bethlehem PA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've played musical chairs long enough. I don't see anyone better coming here. I'll choose stability and continuity for the first time in a long time. The musical chairs doesn't help anything. Give him an NFL caliber QB.
_________________


TommyC376^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
hargreaves2326


Joined: 08 Feb 2009
Posts: 405
Location: Rochester, New York
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Assuming the worst, we will finish the year 5-11. So lets look at Gaileys three years here..

Year 1: QB Competition in Training Camp, elects to go with Edwards...after two games decides to go release Edwards and promotes Fitzpatrick and hasn't looked back since. Team started off 0-8 but went 4-4 in the final 8 games with some promise heading into his second year.

Division record: 1-5
Overall record: 4-12
Grade: D

Year 2: Fitzpatrick is the starter going into shorten camp due to lockout. Team starts off incredibly hot going 5-2. Offense could score points and defence was creating a lot of turnovers. After a big win against Washington in Toronto, things started falling apart. Starters Eric Wood, Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, Donald Jones, Terrence McGee, and Ryan Lindell ended the season on IR. Fitzpatrick played the last half of the year with broken ribs. The season was written off by some due to the amount of injuries to our starters.

Division record: 1-5
Overall Record: 6-10
Grade: C

Year 3: Mario Williams SIGNS IN BUFFALO! Great news right? Playoffs here we come! There was so much hype around the Bills in the off-season, they retained their own stars in Freddy Jackson and Stevie Johnson, as well as signed the best FA prize in DE Mario Williams. The year started out tough with a blowout lost to the Jets. Team bounced back with two wins but then hit another skid. Fitzpatrick is having a terrible year, and Gailey doesn't utilize our two best players in Freddy and Spiller. CJ has only had 1 game with over 20 carries (a win against Miami) and he calls terrible plays at the most inopportune times. The team lacks heart and a pulse.

Division record prediction: 1-5
Overall record prediction: 5-11
Grade: F

This has been far an away Gaileys worst year as a HC. This team has too much talent to be flopping like this. Here is the list of starting QB's we have beaten since Gailey has been at the helm..

Matthew Stafford
Carson Palmer
Colt McCoy
Chad Henne (x2)
Matt Cassel (x2)
Jason Cambell
Tom Brady
Michael Vick
John Beck
Brandon Weeden
Kevin Kolb
Ryan Tannehill.

Not overly impressive wins other then the comeback win against New England. Is Gailey improving this team?

No.


Might want to take Brandon Weeden off that list.. he's a rookie and we beat the browns this year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jb_gobills


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 14621
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it has.
_________________
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigBillsFan13


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 15444
Location: So Cal
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
We've played musical chairs long enough. I don't see anyone better coming here. I'll choose stability and continuity for the first time in a long time. The musical chairs doesn't help anything. Give him an NFL caliber QB.

I would agree with this, except Gailey isn't an NFL caliber HC. He's a decent OC, and a pretty good college HC, but he just isn't cut out to be an NFL HC.
_________________
jrry32 wrote:
Give me the balls. Laughing
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cdavls17


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 3224
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nix needs to give the GM status to Whaley. Whaley is a solid scout and a guy who has the creative mind to bring in the right guys. He is young and is very qualified, if he doesnt get it soon I see him leaving for another organization willing to put him as GM thats the point they brought him in Pitt.

Gailey and coaching staff needs to go, Jauron went 3 seasons at 7-9 then hell broke out and wanted him gone. Gailey has done worse with better talent. The bills need a guy who shows emotion on the field and has a creative mind. This has been the issue for years now, Jauron, Mularkey, Phillips, and now Gailey all have been conservative quiet guys. They need a guy like Harbough, Rex Ryan, Schiano style coach. Honestly if Rex Ryan is available I want him. He has had a bad offense but his defense is top notch. Last nights game they were still in it even after the 6 Turnovers. The bills were out of sundays game within the 1st 5 minutes.

Fitzpatrick needs to go. Bring in a guy like vick for now and then draft a guy I dont even care now you can bring in any qb in the later rounds and still will be better then fitzpatrick. I am not an alex smith fan he isnt that great he has a weak arm and is a game manager who counts on the run and defense. I want a qb who can carry a team.

If the bills lose out they will more than likely end up with a top 5 pick again and thats where they can draft geno smith or go defense and get a beast like Jarvis Jones.
_________________


Thanks Max
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 3570
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hargreaves2326 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Assuming the worst, we will finish the year 5-11. So lets look at Gaileys three years here..

Year 1: QB Competition in Training Camp, elects to go with Edwards...after two games decides to go release Edwards and promotes Fitzpatrick and hasn't looked back since. Team started off 0-8 but went 4-4 in the final 8 games with some promise heading into his second year.

Division record: 1-5
Overall record: 4-12
Grade: D

Year 2: Fitzpatrick is the starter going into shorten camp due to lockout. Team starts off incredibly hot going 5-2. Offense could score points and defence was creating a lot of turnovers. After a big win against Washington in Toronto, things started falling apart. Starters Eric Wood, Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, Donald Jones, Terrence McGee, and Ryan Lindell ended the season on IR. Fitzpatrick played the last half of the year with broken ribs. The season was written off by some due to the amount of injuries to our starters.

Division record: 1-5
Overall Record: 6-10
Grade: C

Year 3: Mario Williams SIGNS IN BUFFALO! Great news right? Playoffs here we come! There was so much hype around the Bills in the off-season, they retained their own stars in Freddy Jackson and Stevie Johnson, as well as signed the best FA prize in DE Mario Williams. The year started out tough with a blowout lost to the Jets. Team bounced back with two wins but then hit another skid. Fitzpatrick is having a terrible year, and Gailey doesn't utilize our two best players in Freddy and Spiller. CJ has only had 1 game with over 20 carries (a win against Miami) and he calls terrible plays at the most inopportune times. The team lacks heart and a pulse.

Division record prediction: 1-5
Overall record prediction: 5-11
Grade: F

This has been far an away Gaileys worst year as a HC. This team has too much talent to be flopping like this. Here is the list of starting QB's we have beaten since Gailey has been at the helm..

Matthew Stafford
Carson Palmer
Colt McCoy
Chad Henne (x2)
Matt Cassel (x2)
Jason Cambell
Tom Brady
Michael Vick
John Beck
Brandon Weeden
Kevin Kolb
Ryan Tannehill.

Not overly impressive wins other then the comeback win against New England. Is Gailey improving this team?

No.


Might want to take Brandon Weeden off that list.. he's a rookie and we beat the browns this year.


Confused thats my point. That is a list of QB's we have beaten. Not very impressive names up there.
_________________


I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19073
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Assuming the worst, we will finish the year 5-11. So lets look at Gaileys three years here..

Year 1: QB Competition in Training Camp, elects to go with Edwards...after two games decides to go release Edwards and promotes Fitzpatrick and hasn't looked back since. Team started off 0-8 but went 4-4 in the final 8 games with some promise heading into his second year.

Division record: 1-5
Overall record: 4-12
Grade: D

Year 2: Fitzpatrick is the starter going into shorten camp due to lockout. Team starts off incredibly hot going 5-2. Offense could score points and defence was creating a lot of turnovers. After a big win against Washington in Toronto, things started falling apart. Starters Eric Wood, Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, Donald Jones, Terrence McGee, and Ryan Lindell ended the season on IR. Fitzpatrick played the last half of the year with broken ribs. The season was written off by some due to the amount of injuries to our starters.

Division record: 1-5
Overall Record: 6-10
Grade: C

Year 3: Mario Williams SIGNS IN BUFFALO! Great news right? Playoffs here we come! There was so much hype around the Bills in the off-season, they retained their own stars in Freddy Jackson and Stevie Johnson, as well as signed the best FA prize in DE Mario Williams. The year started out tough with a blowout lost to the Jets. Team bounced back with two wins but then hit another skid. Fitzpatrick is having a terrible year, and Gailey doesn't utilize our two best players in Freddy and Spiller. CJ has only had 1 game with over 20 carries (a win against Miami) and he calls terrible plays at the most inopportune times. The team lacks heart and a pulse.

Division record prediction: 1-5
Overall record prediction: 5-11
Grade: F

This has been far an away Gaileys worst year as a HC. This team has too much talent to be flopping like this. Here is the list of starting QB's we have beaten since Gailey has been at the helm..

Matthew Stafford
Carson Palmer
Colt McCoy
Chad Henne (x2)
Matt Cassel (x2)
Jason Cambell
Tom Brady
Michael Vick
John Beck
Brandon Weeden
Kevin Kolb
Ryan Tannehill.

Not overly impressive wins other then the comeback win against New England. Is Gailey improving this team?

No.
Wasn't Shaun Hill starting for Stafford when they played DET?
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group