Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players turning on Schiano?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Players turning on Schiano? Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/17/bucs-players-grumbling-about-college-coaches/

Quote:
With a style that made him a successful as a college head coach and no reluctance to send packing any veterans who were deemed to be unable or unwilling to accept his “toes on the line!” tendencies, coach Greg Schiano lifted the Bucs into contention via four straight wins.

But 6-4 has since yielded to four straight losses, culminating in a 41-0 blowout loss in the Bayou, to the Bucs’ NFC South rivals.

And the frustration is showing. The incident between assistant coach Bryan Cox and linebacker Adam Hayward was public; privately, the grumbling has begun.

“Can we send these coaches back to college?” one player privately said after the game.

Losing can make a mess of any franchise. Schiano's coaching style seemed fine when we were winning, is he going to have to change his style of coaching or are players just going to have to accept it?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, I hate hearing this.

We are still a mentally soft football team. I don't care if we kept games close all year, we didn't win games when we had the chance. Now that our season is over our team packed it in yesterday and they put together their worst game of the season...and now they are showing their frustration publicly. It's embarrassing. It really is.

I don't know if this quote it aimed at Schiano, though. We have a bunch of college coaches on this team. This could just as easily be directed at Ron Cooper.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is sad that there is still losers like this in the team. You would think that they would play like they have something to prove after last season, but no. Bucs get a winning record and they stop playing.

Saints game was a wake up call, if Bucs dont win last two i am seriously dissapointed. Schiano needs to get rid of the losers, no matter who they are. This could become a serious problem later if not dealt now.

Looks like bucs still need more veteran players like Ronde, Clark and Jackson. Also another draft like 2012 was. I get feeling like Martin, David and Barron are all winners.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on which coaches they were referring to, they aren't necessarily wrong. Cooper for one has done a poor job IMO.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After last years nonsense this pops up again? It's not the staff it's the players I question. Their character, heart and determination. Not all but the ones who flat out give up.

Freeman looked to point the finger on the field yesterday after every time he threw a pick. That's childish from a 4 year vet who hasn't done squat I this league other than pad stats against bottom feeders.

Schiano is the right fit for this team. His assistants weren't carefully planned out. He was te last coach hired in the offseason. All the pickings were slim but he got a few gems. Cox, Bostad, rbs coach and sully were a few.

So many place blame on the coaching staff. Players should look at #5. Me 3 and out and captain TO.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the head coach isn't going anywhere. There will be some more weeding out of the mentally weak after the season. Certainly some of the assistants haven't been good (Sheridan and Cooper) and they will also be gone.

I just despise when a player is so gutless he doesn't stand by his comments. If you can't stand by your comments, here's a novel thought, then don't say it. Honestly, it is usually the mentally weak guys who will show up on film not hustling or missing their assignments. Its not like their play on the field is helping their cause.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Well, the head coach isn't going anywhere. There will be some more weeding out of the mentally weak after the season. Certainly some of the assistants haven't been good (Sheridan and Cooper) and they will also be gone.

I just despise when a player is so gutless he doesn't stand by his comments. If you can't stand by your comments, here's a novel thought, then don't say it. Honestly, it is usually the mentally weak guys who will show up on film not hustling or missing their assignments. Its not like their play on the field is helping their cause.

Guarantee Adam Hayward was the cowherd that said this.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

I doubt he's the guy that opened his mouth. It seems like he got his frustrations out already Laughing

If you want a coward, look no further than Myron Lewis.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

I doubt he's the guy that opened his mouth. It seems like he got his frustrations out already Laughing

If you want a coward, look no further than Myron Lewis.

I agree and you also have to look at who the coach is. If this was Sullivan or Sheridian or even Cooper, I would be surprised. Cox comes from the same mentality as Hayward. While i don't agree that Hayward should shove him but does no one remember Cox as a player?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if this is true. Gut the whole roster.

First you turn on the "players coach", now the new coach "works us too hard". This sounds an awful lot like the 2011-12 Boston Red Sox, turn on Francona because he was nice then despise Valentine because he was a hardass.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing worse then someone that will quote something like that and not put their name behind it. That's chicken....god that aggravats me.

I have no problem calling out WHOEVER did that on our team, I would walk into the locker room and call them out today.

If you have a problem with the way things are ran, say it outloud. When I deployed overseas over the years it was more closer than a football team could ever be. We ate, slept, fought together. When you had a problem you tell them, usually roll around in the sand for a bit and it's over!

I'm tired of these prima Dona's. none of them have done jack. They play football for a living. They need to open their eyes and grow up. I have a good idea of who it was on this team and they can go, all of them.

I don't care about if we lose the next 2 years. Clear the rosters of these scum and I hope they fall out of the league.

You don't know how hard this was for me to type without cursing lol...I mean I am a marine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To whoever said this, can we send you back on the street? Unless Ronde Barber or Vincent Jackson said this, then this guy has no room to talk. Everybody in that locker room has zero credibility other than those two. Yeah Sheridan and Cooper are garbage, but if you don't like how your coach is running things, bring it up! Don't just throw stones and hide your hands! All this does is create unneeded tension in the locker room. Do we need to show them the tape from last year and remind them of Raheem the Dream's coaching staff? Blowouts like yesterday happened weekly with this team. These prima donnas need to shut up and get with the program or leave. If you have a problem with the coaches, take it up with them like McCoy did. Act like an adult and a gentleman and discuss it. God this team frustrates me!

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first time all season Schiano gave the team a day off on a Monday following a game. Seems like a good move given the frustration that is bubbling over.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8639

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prolly whoever got benched last said it. and it seems like 1 player said it ..not players.

Cut em and send em packing. Schiano is the way to go. get some Corners that can play this year and a full offseason and Tampa is gtg
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did kinda figure this could happen when Schiano was hired.

Being a hard-[inappropriate/removed] coach only flies with vets if the team is winning. If not, this stuff comes out. It's why Coughlin is seemingly on the hotseat every year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: