Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kirk Cousins
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r8der14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Kirk Cousins Reply with quote

Obviously just one game, but he looked nice today. Maybe someone we could look into trading for. Redskins might be interested in Jacoby to give RG3 a threat at receiver and a 3rd or 4th round draft pick.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington-redskins/0ap2000000112081/Redskins-vs-Browns-highlights
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would want a kings ransom for that kid. Especially if Shanahan hears that it is the Raiders asking. Hopefully he isn't still pi$$y against the Raiders now that Al Davis is no longer in charge. But I wouldn't be against the move. I thought the kid was good at Michigan State.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly an option. He looked pretty good. I think guys like Matt Flynn or Alex Smith, who can probably be had without a trade, are more likely though. And we can always draft a QB.

Honestly I think we have at least one more year with Carson starting. He's going to be getting paid either way and he certainly isn't our biggest problem.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. And I don't really know if we want to bring a young QB in here right now anyway.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
macklemore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather trade for Matt Flynn, could get him way cheaper.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not even get this notion started. The Redskins astutely drafted Cousins because they realized that because they drafted a diminutive running QB he would probably miss games. Unless someone offers something stupid Cousins is untradeable.

Regardless of how you feel about him, for the foreseeable short-term Palmer is the Raiders QB. Let's move on.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:

How? He's under contract with Seattle as a backup. They will want to trade him, but can't imagine his price tag would be anymore than a rookie who has also proven nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

Regardless of how you feel about him, for the foreseeable short-term Palmer is the Raiders QB. Let's move on.

This. At best we draft someone in the first next year and they still sit behind Palmer. Besides I'd rather we draft our franchise QB and groom them as opposed to trading or signing someone else's backup, because honestly one game is too small a sample size. Thats how you end up with a rob Johnson, or a Matt Cassel.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its no secret that QB play is the reason for their success thus far, theres no way they trade away a promising, young, cheap backup right now. I'm not syaing he is anything like RGIII, but if he goes down (like he just did), they need that good backup to keep their season alive. They may trade him eventually, but most likely towards the end of his contract like Schaub, Kolb, etc.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Its no secret that QB play is the reason for their success thus far, theres no way they trade away a promising, young, cheap backup right now. I'm not syaing he is anything like RGIII, but if he goes down (like he just did), they need that good backup to keep their season alive. They may trade him eventually, but most likely towards the end of his contract like Schaub, Kolb, etc.
I think they would for a second round pick since they drafted him in the 4th, RG3 is your franchise you get something for Cousins if a team comes calling and find another backup. By the way its been one full game and he saved the Baltimore game, and he lit it up in preseason, the guy just has the look and if a team is willing to give a 2nd rounder I think WAS will listen.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
I think they would for a second round pick since they drafted him in the 4th, RG3 is your franchise you get something for Cousins if a team comes calling and find another backup. By the way its been one full game and he saved the Baltimore game, and he lit it up in preseason, the guy just has the look and if a team is willing to give a 2nd rounder I think WAS will listen.

I just dont think so. They know they have something special in him, and the success of their team rests on QB play. If RGIII goes down again and they have Rex Grossman as their starter, they will not win many games. They will hold onto him for a couple years as insurance (he is the best backup they would find anyway), let his stock rise, then right before his contract is up (he would sign with a team to start anyway) they will trade him and get max value. They are playoff bound as it is, they arent desperate enough for a 2nd rounder (which I honestly dont think he would get off 1.5 games anyway) to trade their best insurance policy for their star QB.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

I just dont think so. They know they have something special in him, and the success of their team rests on QB play. If RGIII goes down again and they have Rex Grossman as their starter, they will not win many games. They will hold onto him for a couple years as insurance (he is the best backup they would find anyway), let his stock rise, then right before his contract is up (he would sign with a team to start anyway) they will trade him and get max value. They are playoff bound as it is, they arent desperate enough for a 2nd rounder (which I honestly dont think he would get off 1.5 games anyway) to trade their best insurance policy for their star QB.

I agree, if they do let him go it wont be cheap. min 1st round pick. Especially considering what is out there this year.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

I think to get a 1st rounder he needs a bigger body of work, problem is if RG3 stays healthy we may never see Cousins in live action again for awhile his stock wont rise if he never plays. That being said I think he has done just enough that a team looking for a young qb will part with a 2nd rounder for him over whats in this upcoming draft. Washington could still use playmakers and defensive help, so if a player they like is sitting there in round 2 why not? I believe that would recoup a #2 they gave up to move up to grab RG3. It just seems like good business to me.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Mallett from New England could get them cheap.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
macklemore wrote:

How? He's under contract with Seattle as a backup. They will want to trade him, but can't imagine his price tag would be anymore than a rookie who has also proven nothing.

Reggie will certainly give him a look at the least.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: