Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Playoffs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
The Denver team that has exactly zero quality wins on the season? Tough game sure, but I'd make us favorites even on the road.

IMO Denver doesnt match up well on defense w/ us. hey dont in general have a good MLB. Woodyard in coverage isnt good enough to stop gronk or hernandez.

But after how sucky we were after our last bye week this may be better for us if we're purely being positive. I have faith in this team though.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:

The Denver team that has exactly zero quality wins on the season? Tough game sure, but I'd make us favorites even on the road.

Denver beat Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Baltimore. Granted those aren't upper echelon teams, but all three will be in the playoffs or close to it. If we're only counting wins against top seeded opponents, you're right. But I think that's a pretty extreme test. It's not like they were uncompetitive in their 3 losses. Manning totally crapped all over himself vs. Atlanta (and only lost by 6) and they fought hard to come back against Houston and New England.

The confidence against Manning and in Denver are surprising considering Manning's recent success against the Pats and the Pats tendency to suck mightily in Denver.
Giov41

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better to play tougher teams. It strengthens the legitimacy of your Superbowl win if you do end up getting there and winning. Better than going through cupcake teams. Remember 2004, the Patriots kicked the Colts and their record-setting offense aside, then slashed through the top-ranked 15-1 Steelers and their defense to go to Jacksonville.

"When you win say little, when you lose say less." - Bill Belichick
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giov41 wrote:
Better to play tougher teams. It strengthens the legitimacy of your Superbowl win if you do end up getting there and winning. Better than going through cupcake teams. Remember 2004, the Patriots kicked the Colts and their record-setting offense aside, then slashed through the top-ranked 15-1 Steelers and their defense to go to Jacksonville.

Really?

I'd say it's better to find the easiest possible path to victory. History doesn't remember what teams you go through to get to the Super Bowl unless it's a really remarkable scenario (e.g. 2007 Patriots)
samgurl775

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the Chiefs have some late season magic left and can take out the Broncos...I remember how happy I was when they beat the Packers near the end of last season Laughing

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: