Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoff Hopes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak06max

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Well in actuality we need to win both and then get help, but realistically we will get in if we win our two games because the only team ahead of us of the other 8-6 teams is Minnesota, who I do not expect to beat both Houston (who is playing for home field) and Green Bay (who is playing for a bye). Of course, getting the 6 seed likely gets us a road matchup in SF or GB...
. I

It is Washington and the NY Giants that are going to kill us.

Seattle is in as a WC.

So we have to win out and hope both the NY giants and Washington lose a game and fall to 9-7.

If Washington keeps winning we are out no matter what.

And remember we were 7-1

Rewind of last year. Get your hopes up than crash n burn. Thats with Cutler and not Hanie.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Lets care more about our team making the playoffs than cleaning house.

Yeah, the season's basically over so we should just not care anymore. I mean, what kind of attitude is that? Why even bother watching at all, ever? I think I've discovered the "The 4 Chicago Fan Stages of Grief"

1. Shock:

"I CAN"T BELIEVE THAT STUPID LOVIE/JEFFERY/O-LINE! HOW COULD THEY DO THAT!"

2. Rage:

"Our O-line is such trash they should be fired. Lovie is so dumb all he does is ruin games and suck. Cutler should be fired or fined or isn't there some way of making him have to eat his own child as punishment for making us mad?"

3. Apathy:

"Lets face it, this team is terrible. Even if they make the playoffs they'll only lose anyway. Why should we even bother to think about it?"

4. Acceptace and Irrational Hope for the Future:

"Well, we do suck but if we just draft 3 o-linemen, sign good free agents, and have no one get hurt, it's Super Bowl Time Baby! I'm so excited and pumped for this year's team it's gonna be awesome!"

I thnk we're at 3 now. So we're almost to 4, aka, the off-season.

Nope, I'm already at stage 4. Maybe if we win out, which is possible, just maybe we can make the playoffs. And maybe, just maybe, things will click with this team. And maybe, just maybe, through some sort of miracle, we can get to the Superbowl...

Naaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. We suck.

Shoutouts to Delphi on the sig!

Adopt-a-Bear: Matt Blanchard l QB l #4 l P-Squad
Ballennonstop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wtf? AZ said were in if we win out and viks drop one...Superman agrees...Windy says both Washington and Giants have to lose!?! Glad were all on the same page here lol
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballennonstop wrote:
Wtf? AZ said were in if we win out and viks drop one...Superman agrees...Windy says both Washington and Giants have to lose!?! Glad were all on the same page here lol

Washington and the NY Giants are 8-6 and if they win out we are all 10-6.

The Redskins would win the NFC East.

The Giants would be ties with us and it would come down to conference record.

All the realistic scenarios listed are a Giants loss and Redskins losing a game.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-73729217/
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are currently in 8th place if everyone wins out we stay in 8th place.

If Washington wins out they win the NFC East.

If the Giants win out (10-6) they get the wildcard because they have 4 NFC losses and we have 5.

We also need the Vikings to lose a game because they have the tie breaker against us.
Ballennonstop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha windy that makes sense. Essentially we need 2 W's and 2 Loss's (Giants and Vikings)
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballennonstop wrote:
Gotcha windy that makes sense. Essentially we need 2 W's and 2 Loss's (Giants and Vikings)

Yes. The Vikings have the Packers and Texans so they are done.

We need to win out and for the Giants to lose this week in Baltimore.

Now if we lose we are screwed because then we need everyone mentioned to lose and we bring the Cowboys back into the picture if they win.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Ballennonstop wrote:

Now if we lose we are screwed because then we need everyone mentioned to lose and we bring the Cowboys back into the picture if they win.

Who is reporting we are in 8th? Everything I have seen says we're in 7th, behind SEA and MIN in the WC chase. I don't see how the Giants can all of a sudden jump us if we win our last two, both of which are NFC games.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Ballennonstop wrote:

Who is reporting we are in 8th? Everything I have seen says we're in 7th, behind SEA and MIN in the WC chase. I don't see how the Giants can all of a sudden jump us if we win our last two, both of which are NFC games.

Redskins and Cowboys both can't win out as they meet in week 17. So that takes that divisional tiebreaker scenario off the table. Here are the scenarios that will get the Bears into the playoffs

Bears win out, Vikings lose, Giants lose
Bears win out, Giants win out, Vikings lose, Redskins lose to Eagles but beat Cowboys
Bears win out, Giants win out, Vikings lose, Cowboys lose to Saints but beat Redskins

Thats from playing w/ the playoff machine for a while.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets say we do win out and finish 10-6, does Lovie keep his job? Or would it depend on how far we go in the playoffs? And we have seen 5 and 6 seeds make, even win the Super bowl, so if(and thats a big if) we somehow make it, anythings possible.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Ballennonstop wrote:

Redskins and Cowboys both can't win out as they meet in week 17. So that takes that divisional tiebreaker scenario off the table. Here are the scenarios that will get the Bears into the playoffs

Bears win out, Giants win out, Vikings lose, Redskins lose to Eagles but beat Cowboys
Bears win out, Giants win out, Vikings lose, Cowboys lose to Saints but beat Redskins

So we need to win out and get some help with other NFC losses.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Ballennonstop wrote:

Because there conference record is better than ours if the win out.

They have 4 losses in the NFC and we have 5.

We need then to lose one of their upcoming games so that they are 9-7 because they hold the tie breaker.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Ballennonstop wrote:

If both the Giants and Vikings lose either of their last 2 games the Bears are in, doesn't matter whether its NFC or AFC. If the Giants win the division and Minnesota loses we're in. That's the short version. If the Giants win out but lose the division they hold the wildcard tiebreaker over us.

Of course that is only taking those teams into account. The Seahawks have 2 tough games to finish out the year as well hosting the 9ers and Rams. If Bears, Giants, Seahawks, Redskins/Cowboys all finish 10-6 the Bears and Giants by virtue of conference record get in as the wildcards.

It's more likely than unlikely at this point that the Bears make the playoffs at 10-6.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Ballennonstop wrote:

If both the Giants and Vikings lose either of their last 2 games the Bears are in, doesn't matter whether its NFC or AFC. If the Giants win the division and Minnesota loses we're in. That's the short version. If the Giants win out but lose the division they hold the wildcard tiebreaker over us.

Of course that is only taking those teams into account. The Seahawks have 2 tough games to finish out the year as well hosting the 9ers and Rams. If Bears, Giants, Seahawks, Redskins/Cowboys all finish 10-6 the Bears and Giants by virtue of conference record get in as the wildcards.

It's more likely than unlikely at this point that the Bears make the playoffs at 10-6.

Don't the Seahawks get in at 10-6 because they beat us?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Ballennonstop wrote:

Don't the Seahawks get in at 10-6 because they beat us?
Nope, if everybody has a 10-6 record head to head cant be used. It's weird but its the way it is according to the playoff machine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: