Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoff Hopes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1_two_3_forte

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Playoff Hopes Reply with quote

What are the scenarios for us to get in? Maybe we should have a thread listing all of the scenarios . . .
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our team sucks.

It is time for us to move on and see The Hobbit.
CadeMcGrossman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win out. That's basically it.

But you have to ask yourself, to what end? What does getting into the playoffs get us? Seattle, San Fran, Green Bay, hell even Minnesota have shown us what the better teams look like. Have you watched another NFL game after watching the Bears? Have you seen these teams that actually have multiple players that can catch the ball? Have you seen these offenses that can actually score from 3 yards out? The Bears don't have that. They have a really good defense, but the absolute worst offense they probably have ever had - despite having their best #1 WR/QB combo they've ever had. There's no point to it. The Bears simply DO NOT DESERVE to be in the playoffs. When they were called, on multiple occasions, to step up and prove they were one of the elite teams, they failed. Each and every game was within reach if their offense could have shown any kind of life. But it didn't. Good god, that Packers game. They were just daring the Bears to beat them. So many opportunities that just died on 3rd down. SMH.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do win out and get to 10-6…which is very possible...it makes the offseason moves much more difficult.
CadeMcGrossman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has truly been the year of the ball punch. Both Charles Tillman's excellent work at forcing turnovers and the Bears' punching of fans, right in the balls. Laughing
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in actuality we need to win both and then get help, but realistically we will get in if we win our two games because the only team ahead of us of the other 8-6 teams is Minnesota, who I do not expect to beat both Houston (who is playing for home field) and Green Bay (who is playing for a bye). Of course, getting the 6 seed likely gets us a road matchup in SF or GB...

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Ballennonstop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Well in actuality we need to win both and then get help, but realistically we will get in if we win our two games because the only team ahead of us of the other 8-6 teams is Minnesota, who I do not expect to beat both Houston (who is playing for home field) and Green Bay (who is playing for a bye). Of course, getting the 6 seed likely gets us a road matchup in SF or GB...

Is this a fact...you're saying that if we win out and Minn doesn't win out we're in? With half of the NFC being 8-6 I didn't think it would be that simple. What about the Redskins, Giants, Cowboys?
Nads786

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to face GB again in the playoffs. Even tho the odds of us winning in Lambeau is pretty low I think we have a better shot then SF.

Plus its really hard to beat the same team 3x in a season...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballennonstop wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Is this a fact...you're saying that if we win out and Minn doesn't win out we're in? With half of the NFC being 8-6 I didn't think it would be that simple. What about the Redskins, Giants, Cowboys?
Yeah its that simple. We own the head to head over the Cowboys, one of the Giants or Redskins has to win the division.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Ballennonstop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what if the Cowboys win the division at 10-6. Giants win out and go 10-6. We would still get the wildcard over the giants?
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets care more about our team making the playoffs than cleaning house.
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:

Yeah, the season's basically over so we should just not care anymore. I mean, what kind of attitude is that? Why even bother watching at all, ever? I think I've discovered the "The 4 Chicago Fan Stages of Grief"

1. Shock:

"I CAN"T BELIEVE THAT STUPID LOVIE/JEFFERY/O-LINE! HOW COULD THEY DO THAT!"

2. Rage:

"Our O-line is such trash they should be fired. Lovie is so dumb all he does is ruin games and suck. Cutler should be fired or fined or isn't there some way of making him have to eat his own child as punishment for making us mad?"

3. Apathy:

"Lets face it, this team is terrible. Even if they make the playoffs they'll only lose anyway. Why should we even bother to think about it?"

4. Acceptace and Irrational Hope for the Future:

"Well, we do suck but if we just draft 3 o-linemen, sign good free agents, and have no one get hurt, it's Super Bowl Time Baby! I'm so excited and pumped for this year's team it's gonna be awesome!"

I thnk we're at 3 now. So we're almost to 4, aka, the off-season.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Yeah, the season's basically over so we should just not care anymore. I mean, what kind of attitude is that? Why even bother watching at all, ever? I think I've discovered the "The 4 Chicago Fan Stages of Grief"

1. Shock:

"I CAN"T BELIEVE THAT STUPID LOVIE/JEFFERY/O-LINE! HOW COULD THEY DO THAT!"

2. Rage:

"Our O-line is such trash they should be fired. Lovie is so dumb all he does is ruin games and suck. Cutler should be fired or fined or isn't there some way of making him have to eat his own child as punishment for making us mad?"

3. Apathy:

"Lets face it, this team is terrible. Even if they make the playoffs they'll only lose anyway. Why should we even bother to think about it?"

4. Acceptace and Irrational Hope for the Future:

"Well, we do suck but if we just draft 3 o-linemen, sign good free agents, and have no one get hurt, it's Super Bowl Time Baby! I'm so excited and pumped for this year's team it's gonna be awesome!"

I thnk we're at 3 now. So we're almost to 4, aka, the off-season.

Post of the year?

GOLLY I ALMOST DIED WHILE READING AND AFTER READING.

GOOD GRIEF!!
1_two_3_forte

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Died from laughter that is. HAHAHAHAH
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
. I

It is Washington and the NY Giants that are going to kill us.

Seattle is in as a WC.

So we have to win out and hope both the NY giants and Washington lose a game and fall to 9-7.

If Washington keeps winning we are out no matter what.

And remember we were 7-1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: