Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How long will RG3 last in this league?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How long will RG3's career last?
3-5 Seasons
22%
 22%  [ 40 ]
5-8 Seasons
31%
 31%  [ 55 ]
Over 8 Seasons
33%
 33%  [ 58 ]
You are CRAZY! RG3 will have a 15 year career! He is a cyborg!....and I am a Redskins fan
12%
 12%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 175

Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: How long will RG3 last in this league? Reply with quote

This was an interesting debate my friends had...

But if you guys notice, RG3's style of play(being a QB that relies on his athleticism and is mobile) he gets smacked around a LOT. I remember a few weeks back they interviewed him and he told a reporter that he does not care how many times he gets hit or how hard...he will always get up. That is a good mindset to have and all....but the only problem is: he is human and the body can only take so much.

He has already been out...2 games I believe?(Correct me if I'm wrong)
And next season, he will not surprise anyone, teams will be coming after him and hitting him hard.
Simply put he gets hit way to much and I will be surprised if he lasts longer than 4 seasons in NFL. Thoughts?

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: How long will RG3 last in this league? Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

But if you guys notice, RG3's style of play(being a QB that relies on his athleticism and is mobile) he gets smacked around a LOT. I remember a few weeks back they interviewed him and he told a reporter that he does not care how many times he gets hit or how hard...he will always get up. That is a good mindset to have and all....but the only problem is: he is human and the body can only take so much.

And next season, he will not surprise anyone, teams will be coming after him and hitting him hard.
Simply put he gets hit way to much and I will be surprised if he lasts longer than 4 seasons in NFL. Thoughts?

LOL

Wishful thinking for the rest of the NFC East [/b]
justinsgiants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say over 8. He has a great demeanor and work ethic. But his style of play puts him at risk. If you look at Vick who's in his early 30s (after even being outta the league for two years) and has only played through one full season.

Last edited by justinsgiants on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough to tell. My main issue with him staying healthy is not so much him moving around, but his build isn't ideal for an NFL QB. He looks like he's barely 200 lbs.

I think he'll have a pretty long and productive career. He will consistently miss games, though.
red_herring79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is ridiculous. If RG3 gets injured and can't run anymore, he'll morph into a pocket passer. So he lasts 15+ years.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: How long will RG3 last in this league? Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

He's minimized the amount of hits he's taken (as much as he can with our OL not pass blocking that well) and the offense has called less designed runs. He will learn to slide more often like he should've done on that run. But even with that run, it was a scramble and I think if he does slide then Ngata hits him in the upperbody/head instead of his knee.

Ok, all that said, I think he'll be fine.

And he's only been out for one full game (Browns) and part of the Atlanta game. He received a concussion in the Atlanta game. Ironically this hit prompted the coaches to stop calling more designed runs to minimize the hits he takes even though that hit he took in the ATL game was also on a scramble (and was a rookie mistake because he should've just run out of bounds - which he does now).

So what I'm saying is the kid will learn. Sometimes you learn the hard way. He now remembers the ATL hit and runs out of bounds. He will remember the BALT hit and will slide more. So I think he makes it past your 4 year mark. I think he can play a decade for the Redskins (at least this is my hope).

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justinsgiants wrote:
I say over 8. He has a great demeanor and work ethic. But his style of play puts him at risk. If you looks at Vick who's in his early 30s (after even being outta the league for two years) and has only played through one full season.

Yeah but the same thing can be said about Big Ben. The same can be said about Jay Cutler since joining the Bears
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red_herring79 wrote:
This thread is ridiculous. If RG3 gets injured and can't run anymore, he'll morph into a pocket passer. So he lasts 15+ years.

Again it's wishful thinking. If Vick who has never changed his wreckless play can last much longer than 4 years, the idea that RGIII will only last 4 years is beyond ignorant
red_herring79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
red_herring79 wrote:

Again it's wishful thinking. If Vick who has never changed his wreckless play can last much longer than 4 years, the idea that RGIII will only last 4 years is beyond ignorant

Well, the way I see it is, even if RG3 gets injured and can't run anymore, he will still be a great pocket passer. Yes, I wish RG3 would stop taking big hits, but the fact is, he has really impressed me this year as a pocket passer.
Against Baltimore, he threw two passes that were caught by our receivers AFTER he suffered the LCL injury.
QB's don't stop playing if they can't run anymore. Their primary duty is to pass.
vikes22

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He certainly won't be around still in 2020. I'd say 5 years.
El ramster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he last a long time in the league. Us fans should not be stripped of this young talent. He's gonna be a keeper.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
macklemore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

?? RGIII is a great passer, if he loses all his athleticism he will still be a great QB.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red_herring79 wrote:
This thread is ridiculous. If RG3 gets injured and can't run anymore, he'll morph into a pocket passer.

Well, the way I see it is, even if RG3 gets injured and can't run anymore, he will still be a great pocket passer

Dude no offense to you, but the way you make those statements, it sounds like his legs will get amputated

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
davin fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way he'd last more than 4 years in this offense. I have to image Shanahan reels back his rushing next year and forces him to stay more in the pocket. Read option was nice for a year, I expect less of it next year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikes22 wrote:
He certainly won't be around still in 2020. I'd say 5 years.

Maybe your thinking of Christian Ponder....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: