Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The future of the Ravens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JROD82891

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

santiagomn8 wrote:
JROD82891 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
santiagomn8 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Protect Flacco and you are looking at a guy who will throw 4000+. The franchise blindside protector has gotten overrated but if there is any QB who needs it, we got him. But he'll be worth it.

How many more excuses are we going to make for Flacco. First we got him a run game and he had an amazing defense then we got him receivers granted that wwasnt the most successful until now lol now we are going to get a new OC and better o line wats next? any quarterback that has a great online running game receivers and OC should be able to win it all the QBs that wins wills his team to wins thats a true Franchise Qb he makes his team better not the other way around.

I don't need to make excuses for Flacco. I believe he is an elite QB and has shown it.

He had a game winning TD taken away from him against Philly.

Led us to a victory from 9 down with 4 minutes left against the Patriots.

Matched the Cowboys point for point in a shoot out. Led us to a W from down 10 with 7 minutes left against San Diego.

Washington he marches us down for a TD to make it 28-20 on our last offensive possession of regulation.

We needed a FG at Cleveland in the 4th. He marches us down and gets us a TD.

He led what should have been a game winning drive in the AFC Championship.

Led an epic game winning drive at Heinz Field despite multiple drops.

He is one of the most clutch QBs in the league. It is pretty close to factual.

And this was Caldwell's first game as an offensive coordinator EVER. Give it a minute.

This is pure brilliance. The absolute truth and a lot Ravens' fans refuse to see it. I watch other teams after our games and see WR's of all of calibre making difficult catches on a fairly frequent basis. Not here in Baltimore. Torrey wants everything thrown in his bread basket and never goes up to get the ball at the high point, using body control, unless hes in the redzone. Champ Bailey was jogging while picking his nose at the same time covering Boldin on a few plays. (He has his games, but my god he's slow) Sure we don't have the most mobile QB (he chooses not to use his legs..WHY!!?), he also comes with terrible pocket awareness, but I just don't see other teams' lines getting absolutely mauled like ours. Our line is very comparable to the Arizonas and Phillys of the NFL. It's quite sad. I've gotten frusturated with Joe's overthrows and turnovers as well, but when people say he needs to step up into the pocket.....WHAT POCKET?? Throw in a very abysmal scheme and I just don't see how our fanbase' expectations for this guy can even be remotely close to where it's at. Just, buckle up folks. We'll make some noise in the playoffs, and most likely get bounced on the road, but at least we've gotten rid of Cam. That's such a monumental step in the right direction for this franchise.

Torrey smith doesn't jump for the ball??? Have u not seen some of the catches he has mad for us? And we use bold in wrong he should be inside he would dominate inside if you had Torrey and jacoby outside and pitta bold in and DOSS inside we could do special things...ppl say we are spoiled for having winning seasons and wanting Super Bowl after Super Bowl is selfish...well I say ppl are bias cause we have had such poor QB play for so long and as soon as a serviceable QB comes around we see him as the savior. I say why settle for serviceable when we can go out and look for great

I've seen many deep balls slightly underthrown by Joe that he fails to adjust to and go up and attempt to get. Whereas I see recievers such as Morgan and Moore from New Orleans....average WRs just making Brees look like a godsend. Boldin being used wrong comes back to the abysmal scheme we run and utilization of personnel in the most wrong way possible. Honestly....what are the chances of going out and getting great?? Especially when you're drafting in the mid 20's every time..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JROD82891 wrote:
santiagomn8 wrote:
JROD82891 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
santiagomn8 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Protect Flacco and you are looking at a guy who will throw 4000+. The franchise blindside protector has gotten overrated but if there is any QB who needs it, we got him. But he'll be worth it.

How many more excuses are we going to make for Flacco. First we got him a run game and he had an amazing defense then we got him receivers granted that wwasnt the most successful until now lol now we are going to get a new OC and better o line wats next? any quarterback that has a great online running game receivers and OC should be able to win it all the QBs that wins wills his team to wins thats a true Franchise Qb he makes his team better not the other way around.

I don't need to make excuses for Flacco. I believe he is an elite QB and has shown it.

He had a game winning TD taken away from him against Philly.

Led us to a victory from 9 down with 4 minutes left against the Patriots.

Matched the Cowboys point for point in a shoot out. Led us to a W from down 10 with 7 minutes left against San Diego.

Washington he marches us down for a TD to make it 28-20 on our last offensive possession of regulation.

We needed a FG at Cleveland in the 4th. He marches us down and gets us a TD.

He led what should have been a game winning drive in the AFC Championship.

Led an epic game winning drive at Heinz Field despite multiple drops.

He is one of the most clutch QBs in the league. It is pretty close to factual.

And this was Caldwell's first game as an offensive coordinator EVER. Give it a minute.

This is pure brilliance. The absolute truth and a lot Ravens' fans refuse to see it. I watch other teams after our games and see WR's of all of calibre making difficult catches on a fairly frequent basis. Not here in Baltimore. Torrey wants everything thrown in his bread basket and never goes up to get the ball at the high point, using body control, unless hes in the redzone. Champ Bailey was jogging while picking his nose at the same time covering Boldin on a few plays. (He has his games, but my god he's slow) Sure we don't have the most mobile QB (he chooses not to use his legs..WHY!!?), he also comes with terrible pocket awareness, but I just don't see other teams' lines getting absolutely mauled like ours. Our line is very comparable to the Arizonas and Phillys of the NFL. It's quite sad. I've gotten frusturated with Joe's overthrows and turnovers as well, but when people say he needs to step up into the pocket.....WHAT POCKET?? Throw in a very abysmal scheme and I just don't see how our fanbase' expectations for this guy can even be remotely close to where it's at. Just, buckle up folks. We'll make some noise in the playoffs, and most likely get bounced on the road, but at least we've gotten rid of Cam. That's such a monumental step in the right direction for this franchise.

Torrey smith doesn't jump for the ball??? Have u not seen some of the catches he has mad for us? And we use bold in wrong he should be inside he would dominate inside if you had Torrey and jacoby outside and pitta bold in and DOSS inside we could do special things...ppl say we are spoiled for having winning seasons and wanting Super Bowl after Super Bowl is selfish...well I say ppl are bias cause we have had such poor QB play for so long and as soon as a serviceable QB comes around we see him as the savior. I say why settle for serviceable when we can go out and look for great

I've seen many deep balls slightly underthrown by Joe that he fails to adjust to and go up and attempt to get. Whereas I see recievers such as Morgan and Moore from New Orleans....average WRs just making Brees look like a godsend. Boldin being used wrong comes back to the abysmal scheme we run and utilization of personnel in the most wrong way possible. Honestly....what are the chances of going out and getting great?? Especially when you're drafting in the mid 20's every time..

That's my point we have to go out and take that big risk to go and get "our" guy. Like I said before I don't think this is going to happen over night but wen that quarter back comes out that just looks to good we have to go all out an get him. If we get that guy and with Ozzie's genius of drafting players to build around him we could unstoppable.
mozwanted

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flacco is not a good qb. Ravens are a superbowl team that cannot win because of him. Honestly you guys are better off letting him walk and sign alex smith.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stop. Alex Smith is flat out terrible. I think it is even a myth that he is a good game manager. Harbaugh set him up with one of the safest offenses in history. Put him on almost any other team and you are going to have more interceptions than TDs. Absolutely no big play ability and unless you have an absolutely loaded roster you can't win like that.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
flacco is not a good qb. Ravens are a superbowl team that cannot win because of him. Honestly you guys are better off letting him walk and sign alex smith.

The only thing signing Alex Smith would do is to make our offense even more terrible because you'd take away all the deep threat options this team has.

If we were going to sign anyone, it would have to be a guy like Vick or a guy who has some sort of upside to hold us over until we draft a true franchise QB. Not Alex Smith.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:

That's just non sense I have no doubt in my mind Flacco is better than Alex smith..I don't want to get rid of Flacco and get someone like him or worse I want to find an upgrade
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
mozwanted wrote:

The only thing signing Alex Smith would do is to make our offense even more terrible because you'd take away all the deep threat options this team has.

If we were going to sign anyone, it would have to be a guy like Vick or a guy who has some sort of upside to hold us over until we draft a true franchise QB. Not Alex Smith.

Excuse me...

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
mozwanted wrote:

Excuse me...

I never said I was a fan of signing Vick, but if we were going to sign ANY VETERAN out there, he's really the only logical choice.

I've said time and time again though that we should hold onto Flacco and if he doesn't pan out with a new competent OC, we draft and start over.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me preface this by saying it would be one of the dumbest moves in NFL history. But if we were going to look at stop gaps for me it would go

1. Talk Marc Bulger out of retirement.

2. Trade for Matt Moore. He has been solid but everytime he gets the rug pulled from under him in favor of some scrub rookie.

3. Trade for David Carr. I've been wanting to see him get another shot. I don't buy that getting sacked a lot destroyed him mentally. He has a great arm and a veteran. Probably fresh having barely played the last five years.

4. Trade for Matt Flynn.

Big time hell freaking no to Vick or Alex Smith.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Last edited by DontTazeMeBro on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
mozwanted wrote:

Michael Vick would be worse for our team than Alex Smith.

Michael Vick is absolutely garbage, a turnover machine, and misses 4 games a season.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really beginning to wonder about Flacco myself, but to think guys like Smith (who had his best year under a QB guru), or Vick (puts Flacco to shame in terms of turnovers) would be an upgrades is just asinine.

DTMB is pretty much dead on with his scenarios minus Carr if the team is going to change QB's.

I would prefer we sign Flacco to something like a 3 year deal (with a 4th year option), as he really can't be too expensive anymore. Draft an early round QB within the next year or 2, and let him develop.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to take the time out and say that this thread is absolute golden.

I think this thread is much more intriguing when looked at as a joke than as real discussion points.

I mean apparently, Alex Smith/Mike Vick are better options than Flacco. Smith deserves $10m a season, yet we can't afford to give Flacco $14m?

And then the arguments... "let's just wait until there's a REALLY good QB in the draft"... who? You mean like Matthew Stafford, the #1 pick? Heard he was really good... wait, you're talking about the guy who Flacco is outplaying...? Right... Or wait, maybe we could take a look at that JaMar-... not even going to finish that one. Hmm... what about Blaine Gabbert... no wait, you mean that scrub? Cam Newton is a bigger threat than Flacco, but not a better "QB".

So honestly, outside of Luck/RG3- and RG3 already has durability concerns- who are these "solutions" that people are offering? So many people here continue to act like baffoons and simply act as if a draft pick, any draft pick... can get you a franchise QB. I just named a host of #1 to top 10 QBs above... and outside of two of them, Flacco has been better to much better than all of them. Yet apparently it's so easy to get a "better" QB. And heck the scenarios where we could have our pick of the most prestigious QB the draft has to offer- would only occur with us having to give up a heft draft pick in order for it to happen.

But no... As opposed to actually understanding that we already HAVE a "franchise QB"... as in a player that we can put in that position and can be a durable rock in place that as long as we can provide him with some assistance, he can be a viable winning option. A franchise QB is not the same as an elite QB. Flacco is simply put, good enough and clutch enough to get this team where it needs to go. He's a top 10-13 QB.

And when he has a clean pocket and isn't rushing his technique, his physical traits are elite for QBing the football. His footwork has worsened in recent weeks, likely in relation to less comfortability with an OL that in recent weeks has begun to suck much harder. It just seems fishy that in the beginning of the season against Cincy/Philly/NE... Flacco was making some incredibly accurate passes with consistency. Yet recently, his passing has regressed to what it's looked like in past years. You have to imagine enough of that has to do with a) coaching b) poor technique and c) OL play.

Flacco's biggest weakness is pocket presence. No one said Flacco ever needed an elite rushing attack. He definitely has the arm to work in an offense where it can be centered around him making plays as long as those plays have short yardage options. An elite LT is truly the best possible option for Flacco moving forward.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter King has an interesting stat in his MMQB today. Flacco's adjusted accuracy rating is 32 of 37 qualified QBs this year. It takes into account drops, batted balls, throwaways, spikes and throws while getting hit.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh. Not that reliable of a stat. Anything a WR gets his hands on counts as a drop. So if a WR has to jump through the roof to touch it but doesn't come down with it it is a drop despite being a bad throw. Then there are throws that are intentionally like 10 feet above a WRs head out of bounds or at a WRs feet under imense pressure that don't count as throwaways even though that was the intention. I think it's better to leave the numbers unadjusted.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooselovechild wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
gooselovechild wrote:
RavensfanRD wrote:
Flacco is fine. Coaching staff needs to go.

We're the only team that's won a playoff game in each of the past 4 seasons, and been to 2 AFCCGs in that time....never gonna happen.

And when you look at the talent that's been on this team, are you honestly surprised?

If that's the only thing keeping this coaching staff employed, then that's pretty sad...Rex Ryan and the Jets went to 2 AFC Championships and look where they are. Things can head downhill in a hurry if your coaching staff is a bunch of idiots.

Knee jerk and emotional decision making kills franchises even faster.

It's not like this supreme collection of talent was winning consistently prior to Harbaugh being hired.

The fact that this year's team has 9 wins so far with the amount of long term injuries sustained--particularly by the defense--is actually proof that Harbaugh is a good coach, especially since most of those calling for his removal also feel that Flacco should be replaced too.

Were getting the same in PGH won 12 games last year minimum of 9 wins since 07 fire everyone. I think you guys have a tough team just might be going through a transition season like we are. I think you guys might be sorry if the organization allows him to walk.

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: