Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So am I thinking too much madden like for this to happen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
LazyBoyFil, and BBando.

No offense but what are you guys smoking? Who in their right mind would send us a second for Freeman? MAYBE if we traded him mid season when we went on that 4 game win streak(even then it was a long shot) but now?

KC is sitting on the #1 pick and will get Geno Smith
And Arizona...why would they want Freeman? They already got 2 QB's who overthrow everything and throw around 2/3 picks per game...why would they want to trade for ANOTHER QB when they already got that?(and not to mention they will probably be in a position where they can draft Barkley on draft day without having to trade anything)

QBs are over valued
And freeman is miles better than any of Kansas city's or Arizonans Qbs

Not to mention no QB coming out currently is worth drafting number 1 overall

Freeman is not worth a second dude, no way no how. Every other team sees what we see. The "I cant win big games and blame my WR's when I throw picks" guy.....have no clue why ANY team would want him. If I was Arizona I would not even send a 4th for him

All you need is one team that is desperate enough for a big arm. I could see a team who NEEDs a a big armed qb and doesn't find this class intriguing. He's not worth a 2nd rounder but I can see a desperate Oakland Arizona or Cleveland team pulling the trigger. Buffalo as well.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Alex Smith"...

"If I was Arizona I would not even send a 4th for him"...

Damn guys come on.

Tell me the Raiders, Bills, Jets, Browns, Jags, Chiefs, Vikings, Cards would not trade their starting qb for Freeman. I am sure I missed a team or two as well. Some Ravens fans want an upgrade over Flacco, some Chargers fans want to move on from Phillip, is Foles the answer in Philly? Majority of the teams in the league have questions at the qb postion.

Like it or not odds are pretty darn good that Freeman will be our starting qb next season. Shoot him down all you want but to start spitting out that trash is not the way to go.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
"Alex Smith"...

"If I was Arizona I would not even send a 4th for him"...

Damn guys come on.

Tell me the Raiders, Bills, Jets, Browns, Jags, Chiefs, Vikings, Cards would not trade their starting qb for Freeman. I am sure I missed a team or two as well. Some Ravens fans want an upgrade over Flacco, some Chargers fans want to move on from Phillip, is Foles the answer in Philly? Majority of the teams in the league have questions at the qb postion.

Like it or not odds are pretty darn good that Freeman will be our starting qb next season. Shoot him down all you want but to start spitting out that trash is not the way to go.

Agreed. As much as a lot of guys want to sharpen the pitchforks and light the torches to chase Freeman out of town, he WILL be our QB next season as much as that pains some people. As deuces said we are in a lot better position at QB than the teams he listed above. Everyone wants an elite quarterback but guess what? There aren't enough to go around the entire league and I don't see any being available in the near future.

#EmbraceTheSuck
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Some of this is getting ridiculous. He's a 24 year old who's shown a lot but also needs to improve a lot, he's inconsistent and needs to be more confident in things he does. The road Free has traveled reminds me a lot of the one Eli did before he won a ring, the difference is we have the worst pass defense ever and his defense could pressure anybody. Not comparing them as players, but some of their faults/career paths are very similiar. He should be our quarterback next year and there isn't a better option this offseason to be honest, these games the rest of the year. Quarterbacks are not easy to find and require patience. There's a reason we are a top the league in big plays in the pass game, Free throws one of the best deep balls in the league. He's also right outside the top five in touchdown passes. The only guy this season maintaining a longer or equal consecutive streak of games with a 100+ QB Rating? Peyton Manning. It's hard to give up on a guy who's shown what he has shown at the age of 24.

Alex Smith? Are you kidding me? Look at his career before Jim H came. He plays for the best defense in the league and his weapons for days. The dude has never even thrown for 20 touchdowns.....

Russell Wilson, I'm a fan of his but also plays for a top 3 D in the league. The guy has never thrown for 300 yards and and has thrown 8 of his games this year under 200 yards. He's the least asked to throw QB in this league. Lets wait and see how he responds, when hes asked to do more and the defenses adapt.

Murray just does not impress me. Sure smart, good kid, good arm, solid athlete. But dude is not a great decision maker by any means, his deep ball comes and goes, and he plays a lot smaller than Wilson or Brees ever have. He gets touched in the NFL... sack. There's a reason UGA keeps him in shotgun by all costs and bases there offense on screens and quick throws.

I understand Freeman needs to play consistently, his streakiness bugs the crap out of me too. But I've seen plenty of teams develop Franchise QBs and us never have one, and to get rid of the most accomplished QB in franchise history at the age of 24 is a bold move. He was playing the hottest ball in the NFL and then goes cold at the most important part of the season. He missed a few throws (overall played a good game and one if Tiquan catches that pass or a few other things happen we should win) vs Atlanta, got pressured and had a ugly 3rd against Denver. But those are two better defenses in the league and top five in PPG. These past two weeks are unacceptable. That 1st against the Eagles and that ugly game against the Saints (it's like no one on the team got off the bus). It's a shame after playing so well this happened. But from what I've gathered this season, it's been a rollercoaster of opinions on Freeman and we need to put things in perspective. This team has other issues, bigger issues. Good defenses stop Washington or Philly on that last drive, shut down Brees or stop Eli in the second half. Now how I do not blame you guys Freeman's consistency needs to be a 1,00x better and while in the hunt for a playoff spot he can't perform like this. He's got things to improve and areas to progress in, but there's also a lot of things he does exceedingly well. People seem to forget Eli earlier in his career, or that Big Ben did not click immediately and benefitted from a defense that was amazing, or Brees early in his career.

I'd like to see Free be more consistent, make the easy ones routinely, use his athletic ability more. But c'mon look at the facts. Look at the 9 teams in the NFC and 7 in the AFC teams with legit playoff chances, all but three are in the top 15 for PPG. Our pass defense sucks.

Freeman's got step up, and he deserves IMO these next two weeks and atleast two years with Schiano to play better and to see if he can prove if he's the answer or not.

EDIT- I know that's long but to sum it up. Freeman has his issues, yes we know that. But I've seen plenty of guys turn it around after wanted to be run out of town. With what he's accomplished and his age, I'd believe it'd be foolish to kick him out yet, with no better option and with rarity of finding a top flight QB and the patience it takes it.

Last edited by Soul Glo on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post SG! I don't know if that will fly here though. Way to much logic in your argument for some to accept.

#EmbraceTheSuck
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadabuccaneer wrote:
Good post SG! I don't know if that will fly here though. Way to much logic in your argument for some to accept.

Appreciate it buddy.

I know I might look like I over supporter of Free at times, but I just have patience with him because I've seen plenty of the "elite" guys take a good amount of time to click. Eli, Big Ben, Flacco. & unlike Free they had way better defenses, and the same HC in place to fall back on. The kid has been through three different OC's. I just think it would be dumb to replace guy, who has shown how deadly him and Sully could be together. I remember Eli's inconsisency and struggles the first year in a similiar offense. Not saying he's not without faults, I'm pissed of how this season is ending aswell but he without a doubt should get next year. I know I might be beating a dead horse. Laughing
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking time to click is one thing, Freeman has glaring issues and has somehow regressed since his rookie year. Severe accuracy issues and consistency are tough to just click.

That being said, he will be our quarterback next year, so we'll have to roll with his antics for at least another year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
canadabuccaneer wrote:

Appreciate it buddy.

I know I might look like I over supporter of Free at times, but I just have patience with him because I've seen plenty of the "elite" guys take a good amount of time to click. Eli, Big Ben, Flacco. & unlike Free they had way better defenses, and the same HC in place to fall back on. The kid has been through three different OC's. I just think it would be dumb to replace guy, who has shown how deadly him and Sully could be together. I remember Eli's inconsisency and struggles the first year in a similiar offense. Not saying he's not without faults, I'm pissed of how this season is ending aswell but he without a doubt should get next year. I know I might be beating a dead horse. Laughing

Big Ben won a Super Bowl in his 2nd season. Sure he Didn't play well in the Super Bowl at all , but he was a big reason for getting them there.

Comparing freeman to any elite qbs is just a joke and laughable IMO. I'd throw names such as Jason Campbell who he really reminds me of. Shows flashes but is too inconsistent to be a full time starter and has the accuracy of Byron Leftwich. Both are back ups and considered busts.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually yeah, Jason Campbell is a great comparison. Great physical tools who was said to have great potential coming out, big arm, but spotty accuracy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And i LOL at all the "Freeman is better than Alex Smith " talk. He relentlessly guided his team down in the playoffs and threw a dart to win the game against New Orleans in the final seconds, in the spot light to go the NFC Championship game. Call me when Freeman does that for the Bucs. Oh wait....

Smith has NFL caliber arm strength, accuracy, leadership and intanglibles. Is he an elite QB? No. But the weapons are in place in Tampa for him to succeed. Next year, our o-line will get back Joseph and Nicks, pro bowl and all pro caliber O-lineman. Jackson and Williams on the outside and Clark at TE, who is better than people give him the lack of credit for.

You get a top 15 QB than focus on the defense with a better playcaller (sorry, Sheridan must/will be gone at seasons end.). Smith can take the Bucs to a playoff berth. Freeman will not.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not comparing Free to Big Ben or Eli now. They were two guys who had some similiar problems/paths to him younger in their careers, they just had better teams. Campbell is not a bad comparison if Free never turns the corner, mever had the consistency.

It took Smith to be in a PERFECT situation to be average. Smith just had to not mess up and make dump off throws. He could not throw the ball down the field in this offense, he could not be the game manager he was last year in SF.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
I'm not comparing Free to Big Ben or Eli now. They were two guys who had some similiar problems/paths to him younger in their careers, they just had better teams. Campbell is not a bad comparison if Free never turns the corner, mever had the consistency.

It took Smith to be in a PERFECT situation to be average. Smith just had to not mess up and make dump off throws. He could not throw the ball down the field in this offense, he could not be the game manager he was last year in SF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbxMz5h11CU

Watch this 4th qtr drive. In the Playoffs. I'd say, well above average. He can do something Freeman cannot. Hit guys through the intermediate route. He's got the arm strength to hit the deep ball. Does he have a Freeman type cannon? No. But he's accurate. He's got as good of an arm as Eli Manning, and he's done ok.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Smith is the answer for us, why would a Super Bowl contending team "waste" the 36th overall pick on a backup qb or the same team the next season pull the "starter" mid season and turn the team over to a guy that had how many starts?

I don't want to keep pounding this Freeman/Smith garbage but here is what a few fellow posters think Smith's value is.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=507892&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Post the same question about Freeman and I think most would have a different answer.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it all these comments like "lol Smith over Freeman??? Are you joking?"

No we're not joking. Freeman's flaws from his rookie season still exist. The only difference is now people are dropping his picks. At least Alex Smith has won a playoff game, has better accuracy, and knows how to read a defense. I know this year we would need Peyton Manning to make the playoffs with the way our defense gives up points, but next year when the defense in improved, and Nicks and Joseph come back from injury and help out our running game, Alex Smith could end up being a good 2-3 year QB for us, maybe more. He needs to have the proper weapons around him to succeed, but he'd have that here in Tampa. I just don't see how it could be any worse. Maybe he doesn't fit the system, but I think he's by far a better QB than Freeman.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
I hate it all these comments like "lol Smith over Freeman??? Are you joking?"

No we're not joking. Freeman's flaws from his rookie season still exist. The only difference is now people are dropping his picks. At least Alex Smith has won a playoff game, has better accuracy, and knows how to read a defense. I know this year we would need Peyton Manning to make the playoffs with the way our defense gives up points, but next year when the defense in improved, and Nicks and Joseph come back from injury and help out our running game, Alex Smith could end up being a good 2-3 year QB for us, maybe more. He needs to have the proper weapons around him to succeed, but he'd have that here in Tampa. I just don't see how it could be any worse. Maybe he doesn't fit the system, but I think he's by far a better QB than Freeman.

Thank you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: