Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So am I thinking too much madden like for this to happen?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: So am I thinking too much madden like for this to happen? Reply with quote

Be realistic with me...
But what are the chances we trade away some picks to move up and get Matt Barkley?
I know a lot of you are going to say that we desperately need a secondary and I agree we do...but to be a successful team we do need to do the basic which is: Build around a QB. And right now we do not have a QB to build around. If we go into 2013 with a beefed up secondary, we will still go into a 8-8 year MAYBE 9-7 where we might make wildcard but with Freeman not make it out of the 1st round.
Clearly Freeman is not the answer. All the dude has proven in his 4 year career that he CAN win games against the bottom half of the league. But anytime we play a good team, Freeman always chokes and does not come through for us. He has been in the league 4 years....there is no more room for excuses. We need to build around a QB to be a successful team....by the way do you guys remember Atlanta pre-Matt Ryan era? They were PATHETIC and we the laughing stock of the league...look at them now with Ryan...they built around him and now are an elite team.

Right now it looks like we will be picking between the 7-13 spot(13 being we win the last 2, doubt it but anything can happen in this league)
Teams currently ahead of us(for sure will be ahead of us in the draft)
1)Chiefs
2)Jags
3)Eagles
4)Raiders
5)Lions
6)Titans
7)Chargers
8)Browns
9)Panthers
10)Bills
11)Cardinals
12)Bucs

Teams 6-11 can defiantly win 1 or 2 more games to put us ahead in the draft order(there is actually a small chance that we can be picking #6-8 and Barkley can fall to us IF no one trades up because teams 1-5 dont look like they are in the market for a QB(except Chiefs, but they will land Geno Smith) OR if the order stays like this we would not need to move up that much in the draft, just in front of Arizona)
I am no draft expert...but just from hearing names getting thrown around I assume the best QB this year is...Geno Smith? Followed by Matt Barkley? And I dont know anybody else after that.

Chiefs will have Geno Smith locked down...they are done with their Cassel run(from what I hear).
Jags I am not sure about....would they draft Barkley....or stick with Chad Hanne???
Eagles will probably stick with Foles.
Cardinals are the only team that will for SURE get Barkley if he lands to them(assuming they do not trade up as well).

I am no draft expert because outside of the big games and the Trojan games, I hardly watch college ball. I follow USC closely but am not a fan, but down here in Socal USC football is a BIG DEAL. I do watch every game and have watched Barkley play since he became the starter over there. And I will be the first to admit that I do not know if Barkley is an elite college QB by himself.....or the fact that he had the best WR duo to throw to(Marqise Lee and Robert Woods), not to mention one of the WR's was the best in College Football(Marqise Lee). But having said that I would be willing to take a chance on him, he does look like the real deal and we do have weapons for him ready in Tampa....thoughts?

Once again, I know we have many holes, from every DB position to DT, WR,....but even if we fill those needs it will mean NOTHING with Freeman as our QB....maybe if we do have a killer defense we might make it to playoffs but I dont see us making it out of the 1str round with Freeman....in other words we will never go anywhere with him.
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nooooo
sry man but Barkley just isnt the guy
hes like Sanchez 2.0

i much much rather get a stop gap FA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make no mistake Wilson is the best QB in this draft and will be a steal
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see an answer I'd be willing to bet on in this draft, Geno might be one but we won't be in position to get him. Sadly, having a do or die year for Free and hoping he puts it together might be our best option.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Make no mistake Wilson is the best QB in this draft and will be a steal

Wouldn't be surprised, he's the only other guy in the draft I'd take in the first besides Smith. Looks like he's definitely the farthest along of all the QB prospects mentally.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
nooooo
hes like Sanchez 2.0

At least Sanchez has been to the playoffs(AFC Championship game actually) unlike Freeman who has 0 playoff appearances..

But besides that I do not think Barkley is Sanchez 2.0
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
nooooo
hes like Sanchez 2.0

At least Sanchez has been to the playoffs(AFC Championship game actually) unlike Freeman who has 0 playoff appearances..

So u dont remember the #1 jet d carrying that team? If Sanchez carried them what's he doin today?
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
nooooo
hes like Sanchez 2.0

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

honestly, I don't think Barkley is as good as Sanchez was coming out. but to cut Sanchez some slack the Jets are a circus.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
nooooo
hes like Sanchez 2.0

Its an interesting discussion about the QBs at the top of the draft.

-Geno Smith playing in the spread
-Tyler Wilson has the stigma of having been under the coaching of Bobby Petrino. Petrino's QBs haven't really developed in the pros, anyone remember Brian Brohm was on his way to be the #1 overall pick at Louisville.
-Matt Barkley has the stigma of being a USC QB. Certainly he has great weapons, but that SC o-line was not very good this year. No Tyron Smith or Matt Kalil on the line this year. Everything I have read about Barkley he doesn't not have the image of being a partier like Sanchez or Leinert before him. Plus, I'm not convinced I would consider Lane Kiffin an offensive genius.

I trust Coach Schiano to sort the QB situation out one way or another, but right now I have no clue which way he goes.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Everything I have read about Barkley he doesn't not have the image of being a partier like Sanchez or Leinert before him. Plus, I'm not convinced I would consider Lane Kiffin an offensive genius.

I met him before because I have a friend who plays for UCS and in 2011 they were roomates in school....Barkley does not party at all. He is as dedicated as it gets....he actually does not even party in the offseason that much.

He is your Mr.Football, first one in the film room and last one out kinda guy
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
Everything I have read about Barkley he doesn't not have the image of being a partier like Sanchez or Leinert before him. Plus, I'm not convinced I would consider Lane Kiffin an offensive genius.

I met him before because I have a friend who plays for UCS and in 2011 they were roomates in school....Barkley does not party at all. He is as dedicated as it gets....he actually does not even party in the offseason that much.

He is your Mr.Football, first one in the film room and last one out kinda guy

Good to know, I pretty much read the same thing about his social habits. Pretty much a spirtual guy with a steady girlfriend. I don't doubt his skill level, I think he has a strong enough arm to throw outside the hashes. If anything I think he gets overanalyzed similiar to Aaron Rodgers coming out of Cal. I find it hard to believe the Browns would have passed on him if he came out last year.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have Sanchez than Barkley.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:

man either sounds bad. But so does Freeman right now....

Please someone knock some sense into Freeman this offseason. He needs to get it together for all of our sanity...specifically mine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:

man either sounds bad. But so does Freeman right now....

Please someone knock some sense into Freeman this offseason. He needs to get it together for all of our sanity...specifically mine

you're actually hoping hes here next year? wow
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chances are we don't have our Franchise QB on our roster right now, even worse chances that we sign a free agent QB to become our Franchise QB.

The QB draft class looks weak, I wouldn't spend a 1st on any QB in this draft, but that doesn't mean to say that one won't turn out to be a Franchise QB. Barkley is not the answer, I got the chance to watch a lot of USC games and to me he isn't Franchise QB material. One guy I like on SC, which is definitely @ a need position, is Nickell Robey.

I know it sux, it really does, because we all know without a Franchise QB in this league it's near impossible to be where we want to be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: