Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Resting players
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14217
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Resting players Reply with quote

Quote:
(on resting any players down the stretch) “Absolutely not. We’ve got a game. We’ve got to keep going.”


Gary Kubiak
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. We win out and NE drops one, we get a bye week and homefield. No one has earned a rest yet.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4852
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Good. We win out and NE drops one, we get a bye week and homefield. No one has earned a rest yet.


We win out and it doesn't matter what anyone else does will be the #1 seed.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
[UMN]


Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 13303
Location: Desolation Row
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys have had a long successful season, you deserve a week off. Let some of the younger backup guys get a chance to play. It is only the fair thing to do.
_________________
From the fool’s gold mouthpiece the hollow horn,
Plays wasted words, proves to warn,
That he not busy being born is busy dying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4852
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
You guys have had a long successful season, you deserve a week off. Let some of the younger backup guys get a chance to play. It is only the fair thing to do.


If we were playing yall week 17 I could see resting some guys but since we still need a win next week there's no chance any starters sit unless they're hurt.

Laughing
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marco79


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 11569
Location: Bloomington, IN
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. We need homefield and a bye. We can easily win out and I would love to keep the Colts out of the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30757
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought we would rest our starters week 16. We still trying to get the 1st seed in the AFC, and the Vikes are still in the playoff hunt. If we have a huge lead at halftime week 17 against the Colts I hope Kubs pull the starters however.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grasspike


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 5163
Location: Remote Wilderness
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the way the NE game is going, I say rest the starters. Take anyone of any importance whatsoever off special teams, give Foster ten carries max, take Andre out for about half the plays, give any injured player the next two weeks off. It's time to get serious about winning a ring.
_________________

Sig by matthouston91
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't rest anybody in the week 17 matchup even with #1 seed locked up, I hope every single starter on your team breaks all of the bones in their body. Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Underwood


Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 2295
Location: Texans Nation
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we lock up home field against the Vikings I don't care who they rest as long as Watt plays. He's 3.5 sacks away from having the single season sack record all to himself.
_________________

Sig by Eaglezphan21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 9697
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the issue with week 17

We are going to beat the Vikings this week and wrap up home field and all that. The real question will be this: can we keep the colts out of the playoffs? If tge answer is yes then we have to play starters simply because we don't want to see the colts in the playoffs

The stats guy in me really want to see Andre get 1500 yards this season to tie 2nd place in most 1500 yard season. He needs 140, so maybe he gets that against the Vikings
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
55 catches 631 yards 1 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Here is the issue with week 17

We are going to beat the Vikings this week and wrap up home field and all that. The real question will be this: can we keep the colts out of the playoffs? If tge answer is yes then we have to play starters simply because we don't want to see the colts in the playoffs

The stats guy in me really want to see Andre get 1500 yards this season to tie 2nd place in most 1500 yard season. He needs 140, so maybe he gets that against the Vikings


I would rather see the Colts in the playoffs than the Bengals or Steelers.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4852
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwood wrote:
If we lock up home field against the Vikings I don't care who they rest as long as Watt plays. He's 3.5 sacks away from having the single season sack record all to himself.


Yup, he still has to beat out Smith though, but him being shut out yesterday was big.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30757
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Here is the issue with week 17

We are going to beat the Vikings this week and wrap up home field and all that. The real question will be this: can we keep the colts out of the playoffs? If tge answer is yes then we have to play starters simply because we don't want to see the colts in the playoffs

The stats guy in me really want to see Andre get 1500 yards this season to tie 2nd place in most 1500 yard season. He needs 140, so maybe he gets that against the Vikings


I would rather see the Colts in the playoffs than the Bengals or Steelers.


Agreed, but part of me wants to finally get a win in Indianapolis. It's been bugging me for a while. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PAtexansFAN99


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 4455
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
kenney wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Here is the issue with week 17

We are going to beat the Vikings this week and wrap up home field and all that. The real question will be this: can we keep the colts out of the playoffs? If tge answer is yes then we have to play starters simply because we don't want to see the colts in the playoffs

The stats guy in me really want to see Andre get 1500 yards this season to tie 2nd place in most 1500 yard season. He needs 140, so maybe he gets that against the Vikings


I would rather see the Colts in the playoffs than the Bengals or Steelers.


Agreed, but part of me wants to finally get a win in Indianapolis. It's been bugging me for a while. Laughing


Agreed! If we've got a chance to knock them out of the playoffs in their own place, I hope we do it in dominant fashion. Let em chew on that all offseason Twisted Evil
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group