Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Uncle Mo[mentum]'s Mock Offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Uncle Mo[mentum]'s Mock Offseason Reply with quote

~*Vikings finish the season 10-6, and make the playoffs! However, they bow out after the first round and end up with a pick between, 21 and 24*~

~*No major coaching changes to report*~

Players Returning
Jared Allen - Extension, 3 years - 33M
Michael Jenkins - Extension, 2 years - 3.0M
Phil Loadholt - 5 years - 22.5m
Kevin Williams - 3 years - 14.5M
Jerome Felton - 3 years - 9.3M
Erin Henderson - 2 years - 5M
Jamarca Sanford - 2 years - 3.5M
AJ Jefferson (RFA) - ROFR - 1.26M
Andrew Sendejo (RFA) - ROFR - 1.26M
Tyrone McKenzie (RFA) - ROFR - 1.26M
Matt Asiatta (RFA) - ROFR - 1.26M
Marcus Sherels (ERFA) - 1 year - 540K

Off-season Cuts
John Carlson - Dead Cap Space, 2.1M
Joe Webb - Cap Savings, ~550K

The New Guys
Greg Jennings - 4 years - 25M
Matt Moore - 2 years - 4.5M

The Draft
~*Trade*~ Vikings trade WR - Percy Harvin to the Cincinnati Bengals for a 2nd (via Oakland) and 3rd round pick.
~*Trade*~ Vikings trade their 3rd and 4th round picks to move up in the third round

1st - Kawann Short - DT - Purdue
2nd - Cordarelle Patterson - WR - Tennesee, from Cincinnati, via Oakland
2nd - Kevin Minter - LB - LSU
3rd - Jordan Reed - TE - Florida
3rd - Alvin Bailey - G - Arkansas, from Cincinnati
4th - Kareem Martin - DE - North Carolina, From Detroit
5th - Kenny Okoro - CB - Wake Forest
6th - Theo Riddick - RB - Notre Dame, From Tennessee
6th - Ray Ray Armstrong - S - Miami (did not play in 2012 - flier draft pick)

~*Depth Chart*~
Free Agent
Draft Pick

Offense [24]
WR: Greg Jennings | Jarius Wright | Stephen Burton
TE: Kyle Rudolph | Rhett Ellison | Jordan Reed
RT: Phil Loadholt | DeMarcus Love
RG: Brandon Fusco | Geoff Schwartz
C : John Sullivan
LG: Alvin Bailey | Charlie Johnson
LT: Matt Kalil
QB: Christian Ponder | Matt Moore | McLeod Bethel-Thompson
FB: Jerome Felton
HB: Adrian Peterson | Toby Gerhart | Theo Riddick
WR: Cordarelle Patterson | Michael Jenkins | Greg Childs

Defense [26]

RCB: Chris Cook | AJ Jefferson | Marcus Sherels
WB : Erin Henderson | Tyrone McKenzie
RE : Jared Allen | Kareem Martin
UT : Kevin Williams | Kawann Short | Christian Ballard
MB : Kevin Minter | Audie Cole
NT : Fred Evans | Letroy Guion
LE : Brian Robison | Everson Griffen
SB : Chad Greenway | Larry Dean
LCB: Antoine Winfield | Josh Robison | Kenny Okoro
FS : Harrison Smith | Robert Blaton
SS : Jamarca Sanford | Mistral Raymond | Ray Ray Armstrong

Special Teams [3]
K : Blair Walsh
P : Chris Kluwe
LS : Cullen Loeffler
joru1000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect that this probably took 20-30 minutes. I would be almost content with this offseason to the minimal degree, but some negatives that stand out:

*Greg Jennings is going to want more than an average of 6.25 million a year, unless it's Tom Brady throwing to him. Laughing

*Kawann Short in the 1st sucks although I don't know who is available in your theoretical mock. DT isn't a bigger need than a FS, MLB, OLB, G.

*We essentially trade Percy Harvin for an extremely raw WR who couldn't beat out Justin Hunter for the starting spot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings deal is slightly less than his "prime" contract, but, due to free agency, you're probably correct in saying that he would cost a little more.

Kawann Short in the first far from sucks. He's going to be better than any player at a position you mentioned at that point in the first round. He's a disruptive force in the middle that can rotate in as a rookie and then eventually replace Kevin Williams. Also not sure why we need an upgrade at free safety... you have insanely high standards if you don't think Harrison Smith is panning out Wink

We got two picks for Percy and get a dynamic weapon and starting guard. Probably the best we can hope for if we end up moving him. It's true that Patterson is still developing as a wide receiver but so was Percy when we took him in the first round. Unlike Percy, Patterson spent most of his time as the split end in Tennessee's offense (allowing Hunter to play in the slot and get mismatches).

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it, and it actually took much longer than 20-30 minutes...
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mind moving Harvin, but I think a 2nd and 3rd is a little unrealistic. Harvin has attitude problems, and will need a new contract so that will likely drive the price down. A 2nd and 4th is more realistic, but I suspect he will be moved for a 2nd and 5th. Matt Moore would be a great addition.

As for the draft, Short and Patterson should be reversed but no biggie. I really like Kawann as an all-around tackle. I'm still iffy on Patterson though. The kid is electricity but he hasn't shown much aside from being a YAC monster. He is very similar to Peter Warrick as a prospect. Not a fan of Minter in our scheme but Bailey, Reed, and Okoro would all be solid picks.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
faceofflax15

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were to work out like this, I wouldn't be mad. I don't like that first round pick, but that's because I want WR/LB in the first, then the BPA in the 2nd.

Let's just keep Percy though, pay him. We have the perfect coach for Percy, Leslie is like the snake charmer with Harvin.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Frazier the person that Harvin has reportedly blown up on, twice?
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Short, Patterson, or Minter. I would much rather have Hunter, Ogletree, and Jesse or Sylvester Williams.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
Not a fan of Short, Patterson, or Minter. I would much rather have Hunter, Ogletree, and Jesse or Sylvester Williams.

Fair, but there is no way the Vikings get those three players with the picks I have in this draft. We could likely go two of them but it's doubtful that any of Hunter, Ogletree, or either Williams is available at our latter 2nd rounder.
chuck44

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

Fair, but there is no way the Vikings get those three players with the picks I have in this draft. We could likely go two of them but it's doubtful that any of Hunter, Ogletree, or either Williams is available at our latter 2nd rounder.

You are way overestimating Jesse williams in my opinion and he could easily be their in the second rd...DT is very deep in this draft...i can name guys like Hankins, Jenkins, sheldon richardson, sylvester williams,shariff floyd, star lotulelie and throw in a guy who blows up the combine OH and kawann short....i take all those guys over jesse>>>i think he is overated and he will not test good at combine....overweight and doesnt move that great..str8 ahead power guy is all he is
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, trading Percy makes no sense. Our offense is so much more dangerous and better with him. Not to mention he will be able to return more kicks with us taking a new #1 WR early. Hate that move.

I would much rather have Flynn or just keep Joe Webb rather than Moore.

Dont like the picks, with the exception of the Patterson pick. Who will be long gone by the 2nd round.

Only thing i like is signing Jennings.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why people are saying trading Percy makes no sense. If he doesn't want to be here what good is he? Now, things could be getting overblown in the media and all he could be wanting is more money. If that's the case, great! Sign me up for keeping him. With the information we have it doesn't seem like a money issue to me. If we can get a package that nets us the 2nd or 3rd pick in the 2nd round I think we jump at it.

As far as Patterson being long gone by the first three picks of the second round I don't feel you're correct. I think he's going to go end of first round/early 2nd round which is exactly where he is picked in this mock.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Not sure why people are saying trading Percy makes no sense. If he doesn't want to be here what good is he? Now, things could be getting overblown in the media and all he could be wanting is more money. If that's the case, great! Sign me up for keeping him. With the information we have it doesn't seem like a money issue to me. If we can get a package that nets us the 2nd or 3rd pick in the 2nd round I think we jump at it.

As far as Patterson being long gone by the first three picks of the second round I don't feel you're correct. I think he's going to go end of first round/early 2nd round which is exactly where he is picked in this mock.

We might jump on a 1st round pick (before the draft), we would not jump on 2nd/3rd round pick (before the draft). We likely try and mend the relationship throught the offseason and try and sign him towards the end of the offseason. Maybe they will/wont be successful, but they will try.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Percy ever come out and said he doesnt want to be here?

Ok..

Also, if Patterson runs a 4.3 40 you honestly think he will last till the 2nd round?

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Mock drafts, so I enjoy these. Just a few thoughts/questions.

- I hope that Harvin and the coaches/FO can work things out.
- I would also agree that Patterson and Short's draft position should flip-flop, but who can really say at this point?
- I didn't see Brinkley anywhere, so will assume he walks.
- I'd like to know why someone thinks Minter is a poor LB fit for the Vikes scheme?
- Really trying to get a fix on your OG position. Is Fusco the better starter over Schwartz?
- Would most Vikes fans agree that Evans is better than Guion? Evans sure looked good yesterday.

Been doing some "research" on the Vikes lately, so I have been lurking here for a few weeks, and watching as many Vikes games as I can. Gonna be watching your next game closely for all of the obvious reasons... best of luck!

Mock =

___
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st - Kawann Short - DT - Purdue
(Not a big fan of this pick, I'd rather jenkins if available, and if not I rather go with Cordarelle Patterson if available)

I think the Kevin Minter Pick is good pick.

I don't like the Jordan Reed pick either. I dont see a need to spend a 3rd rounder on a TE, our FBs/TEs (minus Carlson who is not needed anyway) is going a good job blocking and catching). We wont see enough on field value from this pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: