Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 16: VIKINGS (8-6) vs. Texans (12-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arguably no play was more important than Fred Evans' third-down sack of Texans quarterback Matt Schaub with a minute left in the third quarter. Houston had driven to the Vikings 1, just missing out on a touchdown when Harrison Smith tackled Kevin Walter an instant before he could extend the ball across the goal line. With a quicker reach, Houston could have closed to within 16-13.

Instead, the Vikings dug in on three consecutive goal-to-go plays from the 1, with Evans taking advantage of Kevin Williams' inside push and knifing in to take down Schaub.

Evans: "I wrapped around, our right end got up the field and the left end came underneath. When I saw their penetration, I pushed through and was right there to get the sack."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/184621121.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Last edited by vike daddy on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evans had himself a fantastic game. both at getting pressure and helping out against the run. The Texans had no success running the ball and both Tate and Foster are dynamic runners. I like what Evans brought today.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quality win this week fellas, hopefully it's your last of the season however. Very Happy
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
quality win this week fellas, hopefully it's your last of the season however. Very Happy

likewise.

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Allen: "That goal-line stand -- that kind of set the tempo of where we were going to be at. Then to have Fred come up with a monster sack right there, you had guys contributing from all aspects and it was a fun game."

Antoine Winfield's sack was the eighth of his Vikings career, good for second all-time among defensive backs behind only Joey Browner (9).

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Notebook_Christian_Ponder_delivers_early_often_in_Vikings_victory122312

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The six points allowed were the fewest by the Vikings since a 24-3 victory over the Falcons at home in the 2007 opener. Not a bad stat when it comes on the road against a Texans team averaging 35.5 points per game. The Vikings also held the Texans to season lows in total yards (187), rushing yards (34 on 16 carries) and third-down conversions (1-for-11).

Chad Greenway: "This was as good as I've seen us play defensively in a long, long time. It was a lot of fun."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/184636141.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than risk further aggravating Peterson's abdomen injury, the Vikings turned to backup Toby Gerhart, who matched a season high for carries (eight) while rushing for 31 yards and his first touchdown of the season.

Peterson: "I was a little sore, but nothing too serious. It's been bothering me the past couple of weeks. I feel we made the best decision. Toby did a good job of sticking the dagger in them. So mission completed."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/184636611.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Jared Allen: "That goal-line stand -- that kind of set the tempo of where we were going to be at. Then to have Fred come up with a monster sack right there, you had guys contributing from all aspects and it was a fun game."

Antoine Winfield's sack was the eighth of his Vikings career, good for second all-time among defensive backs behind only Joey Browner (9).

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Notebook_Christian_Ponder_delivers_early_often_in_Vikings_victory122312

That's esteemed company. Winfield was a gold nugget of a free agent pickup x many years ago.

Peppers90 on the sig.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith should be in the Pro Bowl.

Everyone talks about the offense rookies but how about the defense rookies this year? Smith has been beasting it up.
husker_vikes3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there possibly a gif of Simpson's first down celebration?

skywindO2 wrote:
I'm still under the impression that the old coaching staff thought intercepting passes was against the rules.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zygi Wilf had to hold back tears as he stood before players in the jubilant Minnesota Vikings locker room and made a proclamation that would seem bolder if not for the dominance he'd just witnessed at Reliant Stadium.

Wilf: "I couldn't be more proud of this team. I'm emotional because you guys are so great, guys. We're going to win the next one and we're going on, guys. God bless you guys."

Ponder: "But we're not done yet. We still want to get to playoffs and we'll be extremely disappointed if we don't get there. But we've come a long way."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Pelissero_Emotions_spill_over_after_Vikings_destruction_of_Texans122312

Webmaster wrote:
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
Smith should be in the Pro Bowl.

Everyone talks about the offense rookies but how about the defense rookies this year? Smith has been beasting it up.

If Janoris Jenkins didn't have his third defensive touchdown yesterday, I would say that Smith would be the front runner for DROY.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Rudolph caught his ninth touchdown pass, moving him into second place in terms of touchdowns by a Vikings tight end in a single season. Visanthe Shiancoe holds the franchise record with 11 in 2009.

http://min.scout.com/2/1251828.html

Webmaster wrote:
PeteyPercyPonde

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
I didn't see the simpson drop (had a fire call) any details? ?

If I remember correct it was when the Vikes had the ball inside their own 10. 2nd and 10-12, they ran a slant that would have been close to the sticks and just hit him in thanks and went right through. Terrible time for a drop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37
Page 37 of 37

Jump to: