Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 16: VIKINGS (8-6) vs. Texans (12-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CriminalMind


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 5118
Location: Toronto, CA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Quote:
“@StribDW: Peterson was stopped for no gain or a loss on 14 of 25 carries today. And the Vikings won going away. What a league.”


The threat of AP and the dedication of Vikings to give the ball to AP (regardless if he is busting big plays) is what has changed essentially after the bye week.

Before the bye I think we were less dedicated to the run, now we are dedicated to it. AP running the ball and getting stop for 0 or loss, still keeps the clock going. It also minimizes any potential mistakes by Ponder thru the air. Plus our O-Line is better in run blocking then pass protection.

The main reason was Watt for many of the run losses. Thats the Offensive Player of Year against the Defensive Player of the Year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48536
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Quote:
“@StribDW: Peterson was stopped for no gain or a loss on 14 of 25 carries today. And the Vikings won going away. What a league.”


The threat of AP and the dedication of Vikings to give the ball to AP (regardless if he is busting big plays) is what has changed essentially after the bye week.

Before the bye I think we were less dedicated to the run, now we are dedicated to it. AP running the ball and getting stop for 0 or loss, still keeps the clock going. It also minimizes any potential mistakes by Ponder thru the air. Plus our O-Line is better in run blocking then pass protection.

The main reason was Watt for many of the run losses. Thats the Offensive Player of Year against the Defensive Player of the Year.


I think there might have been tentativeness early on to feeding the ball so much to Peterson since the team really didnt know what he could handle post injury.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
milanb


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 6177
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that Arian Foster left the game with an irregular heartbeat.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000115325/article/arian-foster-leaves-houston-texans-game-with-illness

Truth be told our QB had my heartbeat going irregular with some of those throws in the 2nd Half.
_________________

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TarkanX


Joined: 26 Nov 2012
Posts: 277
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a game by the defense, but especially Harrison Smith. He was all over the place. It is hard to say who has been the best defender on the Vikings this year, but Harrison has been way up there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48536
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
It seems that Arian Foster left the game with an irregular heartbeat.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000115325/article/arian-foster-leaves-houston-texans-game-with-illness

Truth be told our QB had my heartbeat going irregular with some of those throws in the 2nd Half.


The first half wasnt so bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CAS22


Joined: 06 Jul 2007
Posts: 20212
Location: SMU
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Vikes fans, y'all kicked us where it hurts all game. I'm rooting for y'all to make the playoffs, good luck! And please give AD the ball 30+ next week for fantasy purposes.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thestonedkoala


Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 4051
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison Smith is a beast. Going to go down as a steal IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cp0k2


Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Posts: 5096
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/51193/nfc-north-playoff-scenario-win-and-in-for-vikings

Quote:
The Vikings can advance in one of two ways. The easiest will be to defeat the Packers at the Metrodome on Sunday. That will give them a 10-6 record and one of the NFC's wild-card spots.

If they lose to the Packers, the Vikings can get in at 9-7 if the following results occur in Week 17:

• The New York Giants lose to the Philadelphia Eagles
• The Washington Redskins beat Dallas Cowboys
• The Bears lose to the Detroit Lions
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 15270
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TarkanX wrote:
What a game by the defense, but especially Harrison Smith. He was all over the place. It is hard to say who has been the best defender on the Vikings this year, but Harrison has been way up there.

We got a good one with Harrison Smith. He might end up being the best safety the Vikings have had since Joey Browner. Trading up for him was a smart move by Rick Spielman.
_________________

A big thanks to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig! ^ ^

Boltstrikes wrote:
Being the best quarterback of 2014 does not make you the GOAT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 75226
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



a pic that exemplifies our D today.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dc_vikingfan


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 2217
Location: Washington DC
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job by the defense against run and playaction. Ponder played solid and great pass protection in the first half.
_________________
Enrage wrote:
I love how everyone says "draft BPA" and we draft BPA and everyone still whines. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 75226
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing in his 137th game, Andre Johnson got his 800th career reception on his first catch, making him the second-fastest player to reach the milestone. Marvin Harrison did it in his 131st game. Johnson has 100 catches this season, making him the fifth player in NFL history to have at least 100 catches in four or more seasons.

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/recap.asp?g=20121223034

Applause Applause
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 26415
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred Evans... Starting nose tackle from now on.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23489
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please beat the Pack next week. Thanks! Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Captain Viking


Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 2627
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see the simpson drop (had a fire call) any details? ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 35 of 37

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group