Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How is our Cap Space looking?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sr7252

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: How is our Cap Space looking? Reply with quote

Idk much of it, are we relatively flexible?

I assume if Brian returns he'll take a discount with us & maybe Jay was serious about taking less money & maybe Brandon will restructure his contract. We could get fancy if Emery is actually good & wants to actually make changes.

I say this with the hopes that we can afford Payton.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: How is our Cap Space looking? Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:

I assume if Brian returns he'll take a discount with us & maybe Jay was serious about taking less money & maybe Brandon will restructure his contract. We could get fancy if Emery is actually good & wants to actually make changes.

I think this Moment we are around 14-16 million in cap space for next season.

But we can and should cut Devin Hester (3 million) and Kellen Davis (3 million)

So we could be around 20 million.

We can also do some significant restructurings in Marshall's, Peppers and Tillmans contracts which could easily get us to 30+ if we want it.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: How is our Cap Space looking? Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

We can also do some significant restructurings in Marshall's, Peppers and Tillmans contracts which could easily get us to 30+ if we want it.

I would think the only way we can restructure Marshall after this year is by extending him. He's due $9.1M and $9.3M the next 2 seasons headed toward FA after 2014, and that's a bargain. His next deal is likely to exceed that. If anything extending him (and I don't see any way they don't do that soon) will decrease his 2013 cap number slightly, but I'm not sure his cap number won't go up.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: How is our Cap Space looking? Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

I would think the only way we can restructure Marshall after this year is by extending him. He's due $9.1M and $9.3M the next 2 seasons headed toward FA after 2014, and that's a bargain. His next deal is likely to exceed that. If anything extending him (and I don't see any way they don't do that soon) will decrease his 2013 cap number slightly, but I'm not sure his cap number won't go up.

That is what I think they will do with Marshall add 2-3 years to his deal and cut the 9s to 7s and guarantee him more 3-4 years from now when we are done paying Briggs, Peppers and Tillman.

There is a time 2-3 years from now when a ton of defensive money comes off the books and the hope is that with good drafts we will be replacing guys with younger and cheaper players rather than the Jerry Angelo miss the pick sign the replacement method.

The cap is also suppose to jump in a year or two,
Sr7252

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, yeah D might become an issue once the Offense is cured..or worse both. Hopefully we can also pick up some cheap FAs with good upside.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: How is our Cap Space looking? Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

That is what I think they will do with Marshall add 2-3 years to his deal and cut the 9s to 7s and guarantee him more 3-4 years from now when we are done paying Briggs, Peppers and Tillman.

That's great in concept but Calvin and Fitz are getting $15M a season. You think after this career season amongst a career full of career seasons that he won't look for something very close to that? I think if we can get him signed to a Vincent Jackson deal (5 years, $55.55M) that that'd be like stealing IMO.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we also admit that it'd have been better to eventually get a QB in the draft..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: