Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rumor: Josh McDaniels to Chicago
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18313
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I doubt the McDaniels rumor is true.

But it is nice that this is starting because it usually means that someone is getting replaced.

I would like Dennison, Gruden or McCoy.


Kyle Shanahan is another interesting name
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9654
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I doubt the McDaniels rumor is true.

But it is nice that this is starting because it usually means that someone is getting replaced.

I would like Dennison, Gruden or McCoy.


Kyle Shanahan is another interesting name


I am not a huge Shannahan fan.

If you want someone who runs the same system I just go for Dennison.

But he defiantly an option.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18313
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I doubt the McDaniels rumor is true.

But it is nice that this is starting because it usually means that someone is getting replaced.

I would like Dennison, Gruden or McCoy.


Kyle Shanahan is another interesting name


I am not a huge Shannahan fan.

If you want someone who runs the same system I just go for Dennison.

But he defiantly an option.


I would gladly take either at this point. Dennison is definitely a candidate.

The way the Redskins offense is rolling right now. I think we could benefit from what Kyle would bring with him.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChiSportsFan


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 5692
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One problem w/ hiring Dennison: Forte is not a good fit for the ZBS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5420
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
One problem w/ hiring Dennison: Forte is not a good fit for the ZBS.
I think he'd be a great fit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9654
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
One problem w/ hiring Dennison: Forte is not a good fit for the ZBS.


Why not?

His biggest asset is his speed.

He is a one cut runner.

He has limited power.

He is the perfect fit for a ZBS.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10770
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I doubt the McDaniels rumor is true.

But it is nice that this is starting because it usually means that someone is getting replaced.

I would like Dennison, Gruden or McCoy.

There have been rumors about who could replace Lovie Smith for 4 years now.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9654
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I doubt the McDaniels rumor is true.

But it is nice that this is starting because it usually means that someone is getting replaced.

I would like Dennison, Gruden or McCoy.

There have been rumors about who could replace Lovie Smith for 4 years now.


But he had Jerry protecting him.

Now he has a GM that has no connection to him and his late season collapses.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9654
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The McDaniels offence is tearing it up right now.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10770
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
The McDaniels offence is tearing it up right now.

You say that as though that offense didn't average 30+ points under the last OC. That's Brady's offense. McDaniels should thank him for every penny he makes.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9654
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@BMarshall: Wow. The attitude this New England team especially the offensive leaders SCREAM out CHAMPIONS.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stlblackshirt


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Posts: 255
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bronco fans can tell you quite a lot about him but allow a Ram fan to give an opinion. After 2010, the Rams finished 7-9 and lost Pat Shurmur to Cleveland. Sam Bradford was coming off the Rookie of the Year award running a WCO and the team was on the upswing. Despite the scheme differences, McD got the job. I believe he single-handedly set Bradford back in his development. Bradford is good with timing routes, quick drops and even designed roll outs. Instead, McD installed an offense with limited personnel to long drops and forced Bradford to stay in there and wait for plays to develop. Bradford took shot after shot and got injured. He was even rumored to be responsible for some of the draft picks in 2011 (2nd Lance Kendricks is a blocking TE, 3rd Austin Pettis isn't consistent and 4th Greg Salas isn't on the team). Maybe the worst thing - he had no QB coach for Bradford. None. A 2nd year QB was coaching himself.

He couldn't wait to get out of here and once the regular season ended, he jumped at the chance to join the Patriots for the postseason. Now yes, you can blame some of this at the feet of Steve Spagnuolo, but the fact McD didn't adapt to what was around him and kept "square-pegging the round hole" really left Rams' fans with nothing but hatred for him. Spagnuolo let him have almost full reign over the offense and he set it backwards. The locker room hated him. He doesn't learn. He doesn't adapt.

Don't talk yourself into him. We've all done it. He's an arrogant self-righteous blowhard who lives off the name Bill Belichick.
_________________
Wishlist for 2013: WR, FS, OL, OLB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9654
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlblackshirt wrote:
The Bronco fans can tell you quite a lot about him but allow a Ram fan to give an opinion. After 2010, the Rams finished 7-9 and lost Pat Shurmur to Cleveland. Sam Bradford was coming off the Rookie of the Year award running a WCO and the team was on the upswing. Despite the scheme differences, McD got the job. I believe he single-handedly set Bradford back in his development. Bradford is good with timing routes, quick drops and even designed roll outs. Instead, McD installed an offense with limited personnel to long drops and forced Bradford to stay in there and wait for plays to develop. Bradford took shot after shot and got injured. He was even rumored to be responsible for some of the draft picks in 2011 (2nd Lance Kendricks is a blocking TE, 3rd Austin Pettis isn't consistent and 4th Greg Salas isn't on the team). Maybe the worst thing - he had no QB coach for Bradford. None. A 2nd year QB was coaching himself.

He couldn't wait to get out of here and once the regular season ended, he jumped at the chance to join the Patriots for the postseason. Now yes, you can blame some of this at the feet of Steve Spagnuolo, but the fact McD didn't adapt to what was around him and kept "square-pegging the round hole" really left Rams' fans with nothing but hatred for him. Spagnuolo let him have almost full reign over the offense and he set it backwards. The locker room hated him. He doesn't learn. He doesn't adapt.

Don't talk yourself into him. We've all done it. He's an arrogant self-righteous blowhard who lives off the name Bill Belichick.


I don't think Any of us really want McDaniels.

We just want Lovie gone and someone in here who will finally after 80 years build a real offence.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 5084
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bahaha.... This might me the stupidest most far fetched rumor I have ever heard. Not happening folks. No chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22539
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ChiSportsFan wrote:
One problem w/ hiring Dennison: Forte is not a good fit for the ZBS.
I think he'd be a great fit.


Yeah Forte is a perfect fit for a ZBS given his vision, cutting ability and speed in the open field.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group