Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rumor: Josh McDaniels to Chicago
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Apparently one of the reasons Sean Peyton might look elsewhere is that Saints are in serious cap trouble.

They need to cut Will Smith and Vilma to just break even and that is not counting any free agent re-signings as Bree's salary jumps from 10-17.5 million.

I'd take Sean Payton if he was available for sure, but I don't see the Bears paying the $7M a year or so to bring him in. Of course, they're already paying Lovie close to that...

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Apparently one of the reasons Sean Peyton might look elsewhere is that Saints are in serious cap trouble.

They need to cut Will Smith and Vilma to just break even and that is not counting any free agent re-signings as Bree's salary jumps from 10-17.5 million.

I'd take Sean Payton if he was available for sure, but I don't see the Bears paying the $7M a year or so to bring him in. Of course, they're already paying Lovie close to that...

Yeah I don't see it either but we do have the real McCaskey son running things.

Maybe George wants to win really badly he didn't waste any time canning Angelo.
ak06max

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I agree. Sean Payton to the Bears this would be a bigger story than when we got Peppers!!. I really think if Payton was interested we could afford to bring him in. Playoff appearances would pay the difference in salary if not more.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I agree. Sean Payton to the Bears this would be a bigger story than when we got Peppers!!. I really think if Payton was interested we could afford to bring him in. Playoff appearances would pay the difference in salary if not more.

That is an interesting point about home playoff games that one of the beat reporters made on the radio.

He said the McCaskeys love him playoff games because thy draw in huge money and they are not paying the players there salaries instead they get a measly playoff share.

He said that what could kill Lovie is that missing the playoffs or not beating Green Bay for the division takes millions out of the McCaskeys pockets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: