Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rumor: Josh McDaniels to Chicago
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5346
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
But even if Emery hires them why would they come here?

-Lame duck coach
-HC who does not care about offense.
-Limited talent at OL and TE.

We has interviewed good candidates before (Chud) and they have turned us down.

If Lovie is back he offers one year of job security.

Why would LaFleur not take an OC job with one of the 8-9 other new head coaches where he would get 3 years is security?


If we had a good offence would Lovie be a “lame duck” coach? No…

What is the ambition of every coach in the NFL? To be an HC and run a team…working as an OC that doesn’t know much about offence is probably a team come true considering they would get to do things there way…

Every team looking for a new OC has limited talent somewhere…if they didn’t then the job would still be filled by the old OC…it’s Emery’s job to upgrade the talent on the Oline and TE and I believe he will do that…not only that the lack of talent there is outweighed by the talent of Cutler, Forte & Marshall.
I don't think he's a lame duck coach at all. I like Lovie. We really need a better OC though.


Great so your signing him to an extension after this season? Why do you think talks broke off when this losing streak started?
We don't even know if that's true.


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000111564/article/lovie-smith-bears-reportedly-not-in-contract-talks
Again, we don't even know if that's true.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9594
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
If a new OC signs with another team they get 3-4 years of security.

Like Jeremy Bates got in Seattle? Nothing is guaranteed. If you aren't succeeding you're on the bubble as a coordinator or position coach, even with a first year staff. Likewise, if an OC comes in and has a great offense but Lovie gets fired anyway they may stick with the next regime. It all comes down to results, and our offense is in a better position to succeed in 2013 than it was in 2010 when Martz was hired given the current skill position players.


And Jeremy Bates has not been an OC since. No one wants to fail in their first big shot and this is not the best circumstances to be successful.

Jeremy Bates still go a 3 year contract.

Even if we give a new OC a 3 year contract he cannot realistically expect he is going to get 3 years to develop and do the job.

Lovie's situation is unrelated to what defines the circumstances for success for an OC coming in. Lovie is almost completely hands off with the offense, plus Cutler/Marshall/Forte provide far more weapons to a new OC to BE successful than do the situations where most OC openings are anticipated to be. It isn't ideal in that the OL is trash but if the team was a well oiled machine on offense then there wouldn't be any reason to be looking at OC anyway. If a new OC were to come in under Lovie in 2013 in a "lame duck" season the OC can still prove himself worthy of either keeping the job in Chicago (not every coaching change leads to a wholesale staff firing) or, in the case of a top-to-bottom rebuild after 2013, prove himself competent to be hired elsewhere. These coaches don't cut their teeth stepping in unproven for Tom Brady - they usually step into less than perfect situations and make them better than they were. Any coach has to be able to see the potential we have here on offense, and while it isn't the ideal scenario (which rarely exist) it certainly provides a real opportunity to show what they can do with some elite talent.


We will have to agree to disagree.

I think with 8-9 OC openings in the league this season maybe more than again the Bears will be an un-attractive one and we are going to struggle to find an established OC. We will have to roll the dice on a has been or a first time play caller both of which have blown up in our faces the last hires.

But we will have to wait a month and see.
_________________
WindyCity "He will start week 1 because while he is raw he is shockingly athletic and can pass block. Long is a bigger risk than Cooper and Warmack, but I think he has just as high a ceiling."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9594
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I see happening.

If Lovie is retained we will search for a short time for an OC but find most of them taking jobs with new coaching staffs. The we will be told that Tice is staying, which is less likely, or that Jeremy Bates is staying on as the OC because he knows Jay and to keep some continuity.

I know we do not agree about Lovie.

Can we agree that Tice or Bates are not going to turn around this offense?
_________________
WindyCity "He will start week 1 because while he is raw he is shockingly athletic and can pass block. Long is a bigger risk than Cooper and Warmack, but I think he has just as high a ceiling."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 17967
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Again, we don't even know if that's true.


Yes Im sure we're being lied to about this Rolling Eyes
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10644
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
This is what I see happening.

If Lovie is retained we will search for a short time for an OC but find most of them taking jobs with new coaching staffs. The we will be told that Tice is staying, which is less likely, or that Jeremy Bates is staying on as the OC because he knows Jay and to keep some continuity.

I know we do not agree about Lovie.

Can we agree that Tice or Bates are not going to turn around this offense?

I don't think Tice will be around long enough to see if he can turn around this offense. I don't doubt that he could become a decent enough play caller eventually, but Lovie doesn't have time for eventually. I don't know that Bates is the answer either though I think he is probably a better candidate today than Tice.

I suppose that's as close as we will get to agreeing on it. Wink
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5346
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Again, we don't even know if that's true.


Yes Im sure we're being lied to about this Rolling Eyes
We don't really know what happens behind closed doors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 17967
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Again, we don't even know if that's true.


Yes Im sure we're being lied to about this Rolling Eyes
We don't really know what happens behind closed doors.


You might as well not believe anything you hear then.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5346
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Again, we don't even know if that's true.


Yes Im sure we're being lied to about this Rolling Eyes
We don't really know what happens behind closed doors.


You might as well not believe anything you hear then.
or just not everything you read online.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 17967
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Again, we don't even know if that's true.


Yes Im sure we're being lied to about this Rolling Eyes
We don't really know what happens behind closed doors.


You might as well not believe anything you hear then.
or just not everything you read online.


Who said I believe everything? Its fairly simple to figure out who is bad and who is not.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7846
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Again, we don't even know if that's true.


Yes Im sure we're being lied to about this Rolling Eyes
We don't really know what happens behind closed doors.


You might as well not believe anything you hear then.
My dad said don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9594
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emery operates with the CIA New England style so no one knows anything.

I expect that the Seattle through Green Bay games probably were huge in determining what was going to happen as that was the real heart of our shedule.
_________________
WindyCity "He will start week 1 because while he is raw he is shockingly athletic and can pass block. Long is a bigger risk than Cooper and Warmack, but I think he has just as high a ceiling."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ak06max


Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Posts: 1241
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
This is what I see happening.

If Lovie is retained we will search for a short time for an OC but find most of them taking jobs with new coaching staffs. The we will be told that Tice is staying, which is less likely, or that Jeremy Bates is staying on as the OC because he knows Jay and to keep some continuity.

I know we do not agree about Lovie.

Can we agree that Tice or Bates are not going to turn around this offense?

I don't think Tice will be around long enough to see if he can turn around this offense. I don't doubt that he could become a decent enough play caller eventually, but Lovie doesn't have time for eventually. I don't know that Bates is the answer either though I think he is probably a better candidate today than Tice.

I suppose that's as close as we will get to agreeing on it. Wink



We are ranked close to last on everything as far as offense is concerned. When Martz was here we were ranked higher. There is no way there isnt a regime change. Emery desent want Mediocre he wants top talent. We will have a complete regime change this off season players will be cut coaches will change and we will see if a complete overhaul works .
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9594
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
This is what I see happening.

If Lovie is retained we will search for a short time for an OC but find most of them taking jobs with new coaching staffs. The we will be told that Tice is staying, which is less likely, or that Jeremy Bates is staying on as the OC because he knows Jay and to keep some continuity.

I know we do not agree about Lovie.

Can we agree that Tice or Bates are not going to turn around this offense?

I don't think Tice will be around long enough to see if he can turn around this offense. I don't doubt that he could become a decent enough play caller eventually, but Lovie doesn't have time for eventually. I don't know that Bates is the answer either though I think he is probably a better candidate today than Tice.

I suppose that's as close as we will get to agreeing on it. Wink



We are ranked close to last on everything as far as offense is concerned. When Martz was here we were ranked higher. There is no way there isnt a regime change. Emery desent want Mediocre he wants top talent. We will have a complete regime change this off season players will be cut coaches will change and we will see if a complete overhaul works .


It would not shock me if Emery wanted to do it his way.

We talk about cleansing the mistakes of Jerry Angelo in terms of bad picks and poor moves and maybe Lovie is part of that cleanse.

As I said in the other coaching thread if it was me in the biggest job opportunity of my life I would want my guy with me.
_________________
WindyCity "He will start week 1 because while he is raw he is shockingly athletic and can pass block. Long is a bigger risk than Cooper and Warmack, but I think he has just as high a ceiling."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sr7252


Joined: 20 Dec 2012
Posts: 144
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Lovie is retained or McDaniels is hired, I see Emery as a failure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9594
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently one of the reasons Sean Peyton might look elsewhere is that Saints are in serious cap trouble.

They need to cut Will Smith and Vilma to just break even and that is not counting any free agent re-signings as Bree's salary jumps from 10-17.5 million.
_________________
WindyCity "He will start week 1 because while he is raw he is shockingly athletic and can pass block. Long is a bigger risk than Cooper and Warmack, but I think he has just as high a ceiling."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group