Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rumor: Josh McDaniels to Chicago
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
I will be named the Bears HC before Josh McDaniels is.

I would take you over Lovie.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Do you think McDaniels is a terrible coach?

Or was he terrible as a GM with personnel?

Both…I think he is arrogant and believes that his system is good enough to work with average talent…he didn’t show much leadership at all when the – hit the fan in Denver…I mean the guy thought Tebow was a 1st round talent…I think we have seen many guys pick up the mantel of offensive coordinator in New England and do well but when you look at his offence in Denver & St. Louis…

2009: 15th in total yards…20th in points
2010: 13th in total yards…19th in points
2011: 31st in total yards…32nd in points

One year later and add some NE magic and Tom Brady and he is #1 in yards & points…I think it clearly has more to do with the NE set up then McDaniels talent.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Do you think McDaniels is a terrible coach?

Or was he terrible as a GM with personnel?

Both…I think he is arrogant and believes that his system is good enough to work with average talent…he didn’t show much leadership at all when the – hit the fan in Denver…I mean the guy thought Tebow was a 1st round talent…I think we have seen many guys pick up the mantel of offensive coordinator in New England and do well but when you look at his offence in Denver & St. Louis…

2009: 15th in total yards…20th in points
2010: 13th in total yards…19th in points
2011: 31st in total yards…32nd in points

One year later and add some NE magic and Tom Brady and he is #1 in yards & points…I think it clearly has more to do with the NE set up then McDaniels talent.

I wonder if he has changed and is not as arrogant?

I have always felt that he killed himself with the personnel moves and was okay with the on the field stuff.

But again he is not on my short list.
Badger75

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiring Josh McDaniels as the HC of the Bears is a really bad idea.

Chalie Weiss is another really bad idea He is like a lot of old recycled HC's. No to Andy Reid and Jon Gruden as well.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Hiring Josh McDaniels as the HC of the Bears is a really bad idea.

Chalie Weiss is another really bad idea He is like a lot of old recycled HC's. No to Andy Reid and Jon Gruden as well.
I would love to have Gruden.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any way this happens unless we trade Cutler, so I don't see any way it happens.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
I don't see any way this happens unless we trade Cutler, so I don't see any way it happens.

It has been 4 years maybe they have moved on.

4 years with Turner, Martz and Tice might make Cutler more willing to work with McDaniels.

Just fire Lovie already.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

4 years with Turner, Martz and Tice might make Cutler more willing to work with McDaniels.

Just fire Lovie already.
Cutler never said he didn't want to play with McDaniels. McDaniels tried trading Cutler and when that initial trade fell through he wouldn't promise Cutler that he wouldn't continue to try and trade him.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Just fire Lovie already.
Cutler never said he didn't want to play with McDaniels. McDaniels tried trading Cutler and when that initial trade fell through he wouldn't promise Cutler that he wouldn't continue to try and trade him.

I know.

I doubt they still have issues with each other.

But again Rick Dennison is the guy I am calling.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Just fire Lovie already.

I know.

I doubt they still have issues with each other.

But again Rick Dennison is the guy I am calling.
If I had to guess I would say they still have issues. Enough to were we wouldn't consider McDaniels.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Just fire Lovie already.

I get your rationale for wanting Lovie to be gone. But that doesn't mean we should replace him with just anyone. McDaniels is an obvious misfit for the guys who are a key part of this team's future. Emery would be crazy to tie his future to a HC who he knows would walk in the door having significant baggage with his two best players.

Dennison is definitely an intriguing guy of we go the up-and-comer route (which we have always done) in this hypothetical coaching search. I like Arians a lot too but him being 60 gives me pause.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Just fire Lovie already.

I get your rationale for wanting Lovie to be gone. But that doesn't mean we should replace him with just anyone. McDaniels is an obvious misfit for the guys who are a key part of this team's future. Emery would be crazy to tie his future to a HC who he knows would walk in the door having significant baggage with his two best players.

Dennison is definitely an intriguing guy of we go the up-and-comer route (which we have always done) in this hypothetical coaching search. I like Arians a lot too but him being 60 gives me pause.

Also, why would McDaniels want to take a job where he may very well be fighting an uphill battle to win the locker room from day one?

GRRLacher wrote:
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh McDaniels, huh? I believe the abbreviation the kids are using for stuff like this these days is "FML."
Nads786

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the interim coach for the Colts? Or the OC of the Denver Broncos? Both were able to adjust their coaching based on circumstances

The Denver OC was able to go from Kyle Orton to Time Tebow to Peyton Manning the ability to adjust is pretty impressive.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the McDaniels rumor is true.

But it is nice that this is starting because it usually means that someone is getting replaced.

I would like Dennison, Gruden or McCoy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: