Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rumor: Josh McDaniels to Chicago
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7911
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
stlblackshirt wrote:
The Bronco fans can tell you quite a lot about him but allow a Ram fan to give an opinion. After 2010, the Rams finished 7-9 and lost Pat Shurmur to Cleveland. Sam Bradford was coming off the Rookie of the Year award running a WCO and the team was on the upswing. Despite the scheme differences, McD got the job. I believe he single-handedly set Bradford back in his development. Bradford is good with timing routes, quick drops and even designed roll outs. Instead, McD installed an offense with limited personnel to long drops and forced Bradford to stay in there and wait for plays to develop. Bradford took shot after shot and got injured. He was even rumored to be responsible for some of the draft picks in 2011 (2nd Lance Kendricks is a blocking TE, 3rd Austin Pettis isn't consistent and 4th Greg Salas isn't on the team). Maybe the worst thing - he had no QB coach for Bradford. None. A 2nd year QB was coaching himself.

He couldn't wait to get out of here and once the regular season ended, he jumped at the chance to join the Patriots for the postseason. Now yes, you can blame some of this at the feet of Steve Spagnuolo, but the fact McD didn't adapt to what was around him and kept "square-pegging the round hole" really left Rams' fans with nothing but hatred for him. Spagnuolo let him have almost full reign over the offense and he set it backwards. The locker room hated him. He doesn't learn. He doesn't adapt.

Don't talk yourself into him. We've all done it. He's an arrogant self-righteous blowhard who lives off the name Bill Belichick.


I don't think Any of us really want McDaniels.

We just want Lovie gone and someone in here who will finally after 80 years build a real offence.
We had great offenses under Ditka and even when Kramer was here.
Kramer wasn't ever here w/ Ditka.
Perhaps you don't know what "and" does in a sentence so I will forgive you for saying something I didn't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7911
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Look at Mike Shannahan in Denver even with Cutler a rising QB and a great offense he was fired because he couldnt get the D to work.

Shannhan fired a couple of DCs switched to 3-4 etc and he had to go.

We don't even have a young emerging D, what case is there for Lovie???


How do you figure that?...

Henry Melton...26 years old
Stephen Paea...24 years old
Corey Wootton...25 years old
Shea McClellin...23 years old
DJ Moore...25 years old
Major Wright...24 years old
Chris Conte...23 years old

That is a core of 7 young guys at 26 or younger on this starting D...you add an impact LB early in this draft and a CB next season and you have a very young athletic D.


None of those players are at that elite level (aside from maybe melton) required IMO.

In 2008 Cutler was an elite QB, along with Marshall and Clady.. and they still fired Shanahan!

We have Melton who isn't even on the Aldon Smith, Watt, Clay level to justify keeping Lovie IMO.
Henry Melton and Geno Atkins are basically the same player, Atkins is starting to be viewed as the best DT in the game, Melton is right there w/ him. Major Wright is also a top 5 SS in this league. Corey Wootton is on his way to a double digit sack season as a rotational player and has now passed Idonije on the depth chart. Stephen Paea has become a force against the run. There are some real young stars on the defense that are only going to continue to get better.

Orale Superman, even for you that's OUTRAGEOUS.
It is pretty funny, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7911
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

And did Denver come out of that well?


Looking at them now it turned out fairly well


Better 5 years of 9-7 or 8-8

Then 2 years of 6-10 or 5-11 and 3 years of playoffs and contention.


Which would be much more impressive if they didn't play in the worst division in football...put the Bears in that division and we would have ran away with it for the last 3 years.
You are dreaming. There is no leadership on this team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7911
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Taken from another site


Coming from 2 people - Hub and Lawrence Holmes, both in the 5-6pm timeslot (one at beginning, other at end).


Take with a grain of salt - just the messenger here, although I think Hub's is pure speculation, Lawrence I think is privy to some inside info.


Hub believes Emery hasn't made a decision on the coaching staff yet and will not until after the season is over.


Lawrence strongly hinted when talking with Dan Bernstein that there is a rift in the lockerroom with some players supporting Tice, others supporting Jeremy Bates for OC. He said that IF Lovie is brought back, Tice would not be fired, but likely demoted back to just O-Line and Bates would assume OC duties. He said an extension for Lovie is completely off the table no matter what.
Hub is one of the biggest D.A.s around. You can't go by anything he says.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10842
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

And did Denver come out of that well?


Looking at them now it turned out fairly well


Better 5 years of 9-7 or 8-8

Then 2 years of 6-10 or 5-11 and 3 years of playoffs and contention.


Which would be much more impressive if they didn't play in the worst division in football...put the Bears in that division and we would have ran away with it for the last 3 years.
You are dreaming. There is no leadership on this team.

Are you talking from the coaching staff, players, or both? I disagree either way but want to make sure I am understand your position correctly.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChiSportsFan


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 5693
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Taken from another site


Coming from 2 people - Hub and Lawrence Holmes, both in the 5-6pm timeslot (one at beginning, other at end).


Take with a grain of salt - just the messenger here, although I think Hub's is pure speculation, Lawrence I think is privy to some inside info.


Hub believes Emery hasn't made a decision on the coaching staff yet and will not until after the season is over.


Lawrence strongly hinted when talking with Dan Bernstein that there is a rift in the lockerroom with some players supporting Tice, others supporting Jeremy Bates for OC. He said that IF Lovie is brought back, Tice would not be fired, but likely demoted back to just O-Line and Bates would assume OC duties. He said an extension for Lovie is completely off the table no matter what.
Hub is one of the biggest D.A.s around. You can't go by anything he says.

Does make sense though. The Bears should just sever ties w/ Tice. As an OC he's horrendous and as an O-Line coach his talent evaluation is also horrendous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22677
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
He said that IF Lovie is brought back, Tice would not be fired, but likely demoted back to just O-Line and Bates would assume OC duties.


This still wouldn’t help…not because of play calling but because Tice and Bates are about as philosophically difference as can be…Tice stated he wanted a big power Oline that could hold up and allow Jay to throw the ball vertically…Bates is from the Denver system of wanting to run a ZBS and pass in the WCO…there would still be no identity to the offence.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9728
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
He said that IF Lovie is brought back, Tice would not be fired, but likely demoted back to just O-Line and Bates would assume OC duties.


This still wouldn’t help…not because of play calling but because Tice and Bates are about as philosophically difference as can be…Tice stated he wanted a big power Oline that could hold up and allow Jay to throw the ball vertically…Bates is from the Denver system of wanting to run a ZBS and pass in the WCO…there would still be no identity to the offence.


But it might be the only option.

What quality OC is going to come here with Lovie as a lame duck coach that does not care about offence?

Are options in the offseason are likely Bates or a first time play caller looking for a shot.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22677
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
He said that IF Lovie is brought back, Tice would not be fired, but likely demoted back to just O-Line and Bates would assume OC duties.


This still wouldn’t help…not because of play calling but because Tice and Bates are about as philosophically difference as can be…Tice stated he wanted a big power Oline that could hold up and allow Jay to throw the ball vertically…Bates is from the Denver system of wanting to run a ZBS and pass in the WCO…there would still be no identity to the offence.


But it might be the only option.

What quality OC is going to come here with Lovie as a lame duck coach that does not care about offence?

Are options in the offseason are likely Bates or a first time play caller looking for a shot.


Very few quality OCs start out as quality OCs…I think if we went out and found the right QB coach or Oline coach they would jump at the chance to be the OC here with Cutler, Forte & Marshall…as much as I don’t really like the idea of gambling on a first time HC I have no problem going after a first time offensive coordinator…especially if he is coming from a scheme that has an identity…Matt LaFleur would be ideal having worked with Houston and now Washington since 08.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19162
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
stlblackshirt wrote:
The Bronco fans can tell you quite a lot about him but allow a Ram fan to give an opinion. After 2010, the Rams finished 7-9 and lost Pat Shurmur to Cleveland. Sam Bradford was coming off the Rookie of the Year award running a WCO and the team was on the upswing. Despite the scheme differences, McD got the job. I believe he single-handedly set Bradford back in his development. Bradford is good with timing routes, quick drops and even designed roll outs. Instead, McD installed an offense with limited personnel to long drops and forced Bradford to stay in there and wait for plays to develop. Bradford took shot after shot and got injured. He was even rumored to be responsible for some of the draft picks in 2011 (2nd Lance Kendricks is a blocking TE, 3rd Austin Pettis isn't consistent and 4th Greg Salas isn't on the team). Maybe the worst thing - he had no QB coach for Bradford. None. A 2nd year QB was coaching himself.

He couldn't wait to get out of here and once the regular season ended, he jumped at the chance to join the Patriots for the postseason. Now yes, you can blame some of this at the feet of Steve Spagnuolo, but the fact McD didn't adapt to what was around him and kept "square-pegging the round hole" really left Rams' fans with nothing but hatred for him. Spagnuolo let him have almost full reign over the offense and he set it backwards. The locker room hated him. He doesn't learn. He doesn't adapt.

Don't talk yourself into him. We've all done it. He's an arrogant self-righteous blowhard who lives off the name Bill Belichick.


I don't think Any of us really want McDaniels.

We just want Lovie gone and someone in here who will finally after 80 years build a real offence.
We had great offenses under Ditka and even when Kramer was here.
Kramer wasn't ever here w/ Ditka.
Perhaps you don't know what "and" does in a sentence so I will forgive you for saying something I didn't.
I misunderstood, my by bad.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9728
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
He said that IF Lovie is brought back, Tice would not be fired, but likely demoted back to just O-Line and Bates would assume OC duties.


This still wouldn’t help…not because of play calling but because Tice and Bates are about as philosophically difference as can be…Tice stated he wanted a big power Oline that could hold up and allow Jay to throw the ball vertically…Bates is from the Denver system of wanting to run a ZBS and pass in the WCO…there would still be no identity to the offence.


But it might be the only option.

What quality OC is going to come here with Lovie as a lame duck coach that does not care about offence?

Are options in the offseason are likely Bates or a first time play caller looking for a shot.


Very few quality OCs start out as quality OCs…I think if we went out and found the right QB coach or Oline coach they would jump at the chance to be the OC here with Cutler, Forte & Marshall…as much as I don’t really like the idea of gambling on a first time HC I have no problem going after a first time offensive coordinator…especially if he is coming from a scheme that has an identity…Matt LaFleur would be ideal having worked with Houston and now Washington since 08.


And LaFluer could be another Mike Tice and we waste another year.

As Tice has proven there is an art to play calling and anyone who is not proven is a risk.


I feel we need to get a proven successful OC and play caller and if the only way to get that is to make them a HC I am fine with that.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22677
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
He said that IF Lovie is brought back, Tice would not be fired, but likely demoted back to just O-Line and Bates would assume OC duties.


This still wouldn’t help…not because of play calling but because Tice and Bates are about as philosophically difference as can be…Tice stated he wanted a big power Oline that could hold up and allow Jay to throw the ball vertically…Bates is from the Denver system of wanting to run a ZBS and pass in the WCO…there would still be no identity to the offence.


But it might be the only option.

What quality OC is going to come here with Lovie as a lame duck coach that does not care about offence?

Are options in the offseason are likely Bates or a first time play caller looking for a shot.


Very few quality OCs start out as quality OCs…I think if we went out and found the right QB coach or Oline coach they would jump at the chance to be the OC here with Cutler, Forte & Marshall…as much as I don’t really like the idea of gambling on a first time HC I have no problem going after a first time offensive coordinator…especially if he is coming from a scheme that has an identity…Matt LaFleur would be ideal having worked with Houston and now Washington since 08.


And LaFluer could be another Mike Tice and we waste another year.

As Tice has proven there is an art to play calling and anyone who is not proven is a risk.


I feel we need to get a proven successful OC and play caller and if the only way to get that is to make them a HC I am fine with that.


I would much rather take a risk on an OC than an HC.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9728
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
He said that IF Lovie is brought back, Tice would not be fired, but likely demoted back to just O-Line and Bates would assume OC duties.


This still wouldn’t help…not because of play calling but because Tice and Bates are about as philosophically difference as can be…Tice stated he wanted a big power Oline that could hold up and allow Jay to throw the ball vertically…Bates is from the Denver system of wanting to run a ZBS and pass in the WCO…there would still be no identity to the offence.


But it might be the only option.

What quality OC is going to come here with Lovie as a lame duck coach that does not care about offence?

Are options in the offseason are likely Bates or a first time play caller looking for a shot.


Very few quality OCs start out as quality OCs…I think if we went out and found the right QB coach or Oline coach they would jump at the chance to be the OC here with Cutler, Forte & Marshall…as much as I don’t really like the idea of gambling on a first time HC I have no problem going after a first time offensive coordinator…especially if he is coming from a scheme that has an identity…Matt LaFleur would be ideal having worked with Houston and now Washington since 08.


And LaFluer could be another Mike Tice and we waste another year.

As Tice has proven there is an art to play calling and anyone who is not proven is a risk.


I feel we need to get a proven successful OC and play caller and if the only way to get that is to make them a HC I am fine with that.


I would much rather take a risk on an OC than an HC.


We want to fix the offence and the best way to do that before our defense retires is too hire the best offensive mind that we can.

Whether that is Dennison, Shanahan, Gruden Mini or Koetter we need the best offensive guy that we can get.

If we had to make his HC so be it.

The lowest risk way to fix the offence is to hire one of these guys to be the HC rather than another unproven play caller. At least we know the offense won't be ignored for another decade.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22677
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
We want to fix the offence and the best way to do that before our defense retires is too hire the best offensive mind that we can.

Whether that is Dennison, Shanahan, Gruden Mini or Koetter we need the best offensive guy that we can get.

If we had to make his HC so be it.

The lowest risk way to fix the offence is to hire one of these guys to be the HC rather than another unproven play caller. At least we know the offense won't be ignored for another decade.


Again…you want to go all out to fix the offence a throw everything else out the window if we have to…I want a productive offence to go along with our top 5 D and for that you don't need an offensive guru...you just need someone who is solid at there job and I feel there are plenty of guys out there who can get that done.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9728
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
We want to fix the offence and the best way to do that before our defense retires is too hire the best offensive mind that we can.

Whether that is Dennison, Shanahan, Gruden Mini or Koetter we need the best offensive guy that we can get.

If we had to make his HC so be it.

The lowest risk way to fix the offence is to hire one of these guys to be the HC rather than another unproven play caller. At least we know the offense won't be ignored for another decade.


Again…you want to go all out to fix the offence a throw everything else out the window if we have to…I want a productive offence to go along with our top 5 D and for that you don't need an offensive guru...you just need someone who is solid at there job and I feel there are plenty of guys out there who can get that done.


If there are plenty of guys out there who can do it why dont we have one?

Why have we not had one for all 9 years of Lovie's tenure?

And getting rid of Lovie does not mean the defense collapses. We can keep Marinelli or hire a new DC.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group