Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Johnson's Future Uncertain?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
justing101 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
justing101 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
justing101 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
Well CJ2K just gave you 94 explosive reasons why you DON'T let him go!!!

Give me a break! He has 15 carries for 16 yards outside of that one play. Yes, it was a great run. No, he doesn't do that very often anymore. When he's not doing that, he's running 15 times for 16 yards.

Edit: final numbers without the huge run are 20 carries for 28 yards (1.4 YPC).

That is very stupid to say. Without AP's long runs he would suck too. That's how stupid that statement is.

AP's last game with the 82 yard TD he had 23 carries for 130 yards (5.6 YPC). Nice try though.

He had the 52 yard run too.

That only drags him down to 3.54 YPC.

My how your mighty number has fallen lol but if not for his run tonight we wouldn't have won so you have to give him some credit, Jamie Harper wouldn't have done that. Laughing

Wait a minute, 3.54 YPC is lightyears ahead of 1.4 YPC. It's not even close.

Yes of course I give him credit for the big run. It was impressive and I'm glad it happened. But he sucked outside of that.

Jamie Harper doesn't belong in the league.

We can agree on that Laughing

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris was also playing with what....3 backup OLmen and eventually a 3rd stringer today?

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
s_camp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Chris was also playing with what....3 backup OLmen and eventually a 3rd stringer today?

A fourth stringer, I'm pretty sure.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

Give me a break! He has 15 carries for 16 yards outside of that one play. Yes, it was a great run. No, he doesn't do that very often anymore. When he's not doing that, he's running 15 times for 16 yards.

And if it wasn't for that one play, we would've lost because the rest of the offense wasn't doing jack sh-t. After that run the defense was devoted to stopping CJ2K with our weak O-line. But hey, what's the point of arguing the case? I'm with you guys. Let's go ahead and get rid of him and have an open competition for the RB spot next season. Hell, I'm pretty sick of having a consistent 1000 yard rusher anyway. Let's call back LenDale and Travis Henry while we're at it. Maybe we can make Quinn Johnson the featured back. He showed a lot of promise.
s_camp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

And if it wasn't for that one play, we would've lost because the rest of the offense wasn't doing jack sh-t. After that run the defense was devoted to stopping CJ2K with our weak O-line. But hey, what's the point of arguing the case? I'm with you guys. Let's go ahead and get rid of him and have an open competition for the RB spot next season. Hell, I'm pretty sick of having a consistent 1000 yard rusher anyway. Let's call back LenDale and Travis Henry while we're at it. Maybe we can make Quinn Johnson the featured back. He showed a lot of promise.

Do you think 20 carries for 28 yards is acceptable?
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

With the line we put out there, what were your expectations going into the game?
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some people don't even watch the games so they cant even consider how bad our line really is. A lot of media is like that and obviously a lot of fans are too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

With the line we put out there, what were your expectations going into the game?

My expectations were incredibly low, but then again so was the production outside of twelve seconds.

Notwithstanding the status of the offensive line, CJ still isn't running very well. Not consistently anyway. Obviously the big run was great, but outside of that he missed holes and danced around behind the line of scrimmage far too often.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

My expectations were incredibly low, but then again so was the production outside of twelve seconds.

Notwithstanding the status of the offensive line, CJ still isn't running very well. Not consistently anyway. Obviously the big run was great, but outside of that he missed holes and danced around behind the line of scrimmage far too often.

I just didn't see many holes tonight. The right side especially was getting blown back regularly.
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

These holes you speak of do not exist very often. Watch the game again and look.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

Answer me this. Name somebody who you just know can run behind this weak a$$ O-line of ours. When the RB follows his "blockers" and heads for a crease, but the defender is already there waiting on him, is that the runners fault that he gets hit for a loss or no gain?
s_camp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

Answer me this. Name somebody who you just know can run behind this weak a$$ O-line of ours. When the RB follows his "blockers" and heads for a crease, but the defender is already there waiting on him, is that the runners fault that he gets hit for a loss or no gain?

I'll take that as a "no" in response to my question.

Nobody would look great behind this OL. But a RB who would just take the handoff and run forward, hard would do better than 1.4 YPC. It's not CJ's fault that there's a defender in the hole, but it's his fault that he stops moving his feet and takes the hit rather than giving it. That could be a half yard difference on average, maybe a yard.
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Haters gone hate"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see where you're getting this, S_Camp. CJ did run forward...he had literally no where to run all game. Just like Jake was pressured all game. The offensive line was god awful. We got lucky the Jets only had a single safety back or that long run doesn't happen either.

No, Adrian Peterson wouldn't have gained anything behind this line. No one would have. CJ "danced" on 2 carries that I recall, and that was probably just him trying to make something out of nothing given how often he was getting stuffed.

You've got a 4th string center, 2nd string tackle at RT, a RG who has been with the team not even half of the season, the 2nd string center(granted he was better than Amano so probably deserves to be called #1 center) having to play LG, and the one guy who has remained in the same place, Roos, is playing banged up.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJs too talented to let go. Hes still had a very good year even with a make shift line. We'd be foolish to let him go to draft a RB in the draft we have to many other needs in the draft with DT DE S O-Line and maybe WR help. Id keep CJ

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: