Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders vs Chiefs GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

who wins
Raiders and Chiefs
80%
 80%  [ 8 ]
Chiefs and raiders
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Ross played well at corner. Glad we finally got to see him with extended time there. Between him and Adams I am at the very least confident we have two capable backups going into next year.

Mitchell has had a real good year. I would expect he gets even better now that he is finally picking up on being disciplined and has the proper guidance.

T. Jones is a beast on ST.

J. Hanson has really impressed me after his first couple games. He has played much better than I thought he would when we signed him.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
I thought Ross played well at corner. Glad we finally got to see him with extended time there. Between him and Adams I am at the very least confident we have two capable backups going into next year.

Eh, Ross was ok for going against KC. I really don't see this as an adequate gauge of his talent. We should see more though vs SD & CAR.

TiberiusRising wrote:
Mitchell has had a real good year. I would expect he gets even better now that he is finally picking up on being disciplined and has the proper guidance.
TBH, I didn't pay too much attention to him but I didn't notice any big screw ups on his part so that was good. He's had some mistakes and some nice plays though. I think he's worth keeping around at least as a backup/STer

TiberiusRising wrote:

That speed kills. He's stupid fast. Wonder how long till he hurts himself though. I still want to see him on offense for a few snaps before the end of the season

TiberiusRising wrote:
J. Hanson has really impressed me after his first couple games. He has played much better than I thought he would when we signed him.
I've felt like he could be our slot/nickel CB going forward since the ATL game. Every time he makes a play, I think that way more and more. He's at least solid in that spot and with our needs, its nice to have at least that in place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Eh, Ross was ok for going against KC. I really don't see this as an adequate gauge of his talent. We should see more though vs SD & CAR.

TiberiusRising wrote:
TBH, I didn't pay too much attention to him but I didn't notice any big screw ups on his part so that was good. He's had some mistakes and some nice plays though. I think he's worth keeping around at least as a backup/STer

TiberiusRising wrote:

That speed kills. He's stupid fast. Wonder how long till he hurts himself though. I still want to see him on offense for a few snaps before the end of the season

TiberiusRising wrote:
I've felt like he could be our slot/nickel CB going forward since the ATL game. Every time he makes a play, I think that way more and more. He's at least solid in that spot and with our needs, its nice to have at least that in place.

Agree on Ross. I just liked how he was at least in good position and came up and tackled well on screens and runs. Especially his coverage in the end zone. He had better position that the receiver.

Your right, ever since ATL Hanson has been playing really good. Hope he is back next season. In years past nickel corner was a big issue for us.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like we're on the same page quite often lately Tibo haha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually never really hated Hansen. I think he could work if not for at least depth. Between him and Adams and we could bring in another player similar and we'd be OK if we can get some pressure on the QB. It's amazing what that does to a defense overall..... they played out of their minds yesterday but I bet part of that is the Chief's folding. To get embarrassed by us is...... well..... not good LOL

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

TiberiusRising wrote:

TiberiusRising wrote:

TiberiusRising wrote:

Agree on Ross. I just liked how he was at least in good position and came up and tackled well on screens and runs. Especially his coverage in the end zone. He had better position that the receiver.

Your right, ever since ATL Hanson has been playing really good. Hope he is back next season. In years past nickel corner was a big issue for us.

Agree with you both. Hanson is a fine nickel CB. He makes plays for the defense more than any other player. Nice pickup by Reggie who gets blasted so often.

Ross showed good skills in coverage, though Baldwin is crap. He was in position and played the ball. More impressed with his willingness to tackle.

Mitchell, no complaints. He's taking better angles and making stops.

There are some good role players in Oakland. They just needs some impact players on defense to help them. I wouldn't trust the CB position going into 2013 without a couple viable starters however.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, personally I would like to see Spencer,Adams, Ross, Hanson brought back. Sign at least one good FA like S. Shields or C. Williams. And at least one in the draft. Let the best men win. Prefferably like to get two FA CB's but we will see how much money we have.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Ya, personally I would like to see Spencer,Adams, Ross, Hanson brought back. Sign at least one good FA like S. Shields or C. Williams. And at least one in the draft. Let the best men win. Prefferably like to get two FA CB's but we will see how much money we have.

Yeah. Another name to watch is Derek Cox. Apparently he's been good for JAX but gets injured too often. Worth looking into on a short/cheap "show me what you got" deal imo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Yeah. Another name to watch is Derek Cox. Apparently he's been good for JAX but gets injured too often. Worth looking into on a short/cheap "show me what you got" deal imo.

Sounds a lot like Spencer and Bartell.

Every team has its role players, these guys are ours.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Sounds a lot like Spencer and Bartell.

Every team has its role players, these guys are ours.

Bartell never was the same after his injury. Spencer was never that good to begin with. Besides, Spencer's deal is up and Bartell is already gone anyway

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks it came to that w/ Bartell also. He was very good at one point.

PM sig requests.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Laughing

Darkness is in Veldheer's corner. He's trying to be cute and pick on RaiderX and I. Give him a break.

I was making a jab at RaiderX always feeling the need to mention a few negative plays for players he doesn't like.

Last edited by Darkness on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

I agree.

Mitchell to me is a Linebacker in a Safeties body. He obviously didn't meet his 2nd round expectations, but I still like him as a backup, special teamer, and situational player on the field. He's a good tackler & plays with passion. For the roles I mentioned, I'll take that.

Hanson hasn't been getting a lot of credit after his bad play when we first picked him up, but he has really picked things up lately. His best games are when he plays nickel & isn't starting.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

TiberiusRising wrote:

TiberiusRising wrote:

TiberiusRising wrote:

yea kinda mad that the phased out tj. he is in the "idkwh they were good last year" group

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Laughing

Darkness is in Veldheer's corner. He's trying to be cute and pick on RaiderX and I. Give him a break.

I was making a jab at RaiderX always feeling the need to mention a few negative plays for players he doesn't like.

Players I don't like? C'mon dude. I like Veldheer and I've said that before, but I've also said if we can find an upgrade at LT we should move him to the right side. Keep jumping to conclusions.

My deal is that people on here see a certain player like say Mitchell, Lee or Wheeler and see them make a few plays in a game or two and automatically they forget how bad they've been overall the past season. They return and play poorly and everybody wonders why we suck. Because we're overrating players. Believe I was with these guys in thinking guys like Huff, McClain, Branch, etc. would become great but they never even live up to our own expectations.

Didn't know not saying a guy was playing perfect or amazing after a game would hurt your feelings. I'll try to be more positive about these great players who make consistent plays game after game.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

Jump to: