You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

incognito_man Mach 3 - Vegas Girlz Edition

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: incognito_man Mach 3 - Vegas Girlz Edition Reply with quote

Featuring hotties from Absinthe, which was actually a very good show.

1. Angel Porrino - just wow in person w/ no top on and bouncing around...

2. Melody Sweets - seductress, especially in a tiger suit.

3. Genevieve Landry - couldn't find any individual pics, but she's on the left. *Sidenote, the night after we saw the show, I played poker with the Russian acrobat on the left in our hotel. Saw him there two nights in a row Smile

PACKER TIME NOW

Guys Not Coming Back
Charles Woodson - not even sure he's worth a restructured rate at this point, saves us $10million in cap room
Donald Driver
Brad Jones - we have Terrell Manning who is younger and cheaper
Greg Jennings - I'll saw we trade him just to discuss another pick here
Erik Walden - not worth keeping even as a reserve, Moses outperformed him
Jeff Saturday - not for his price, easy cut, saves us $4million

In-house FA's brought back
EDS - signed for lower tier starting center money, 2-3 year deal
Sam Shields - I think he is currently our best CB and Whitt agrees. Said he played as well or better than Tramon in 2010, thus his agent will be looking for that kind of money. Doesn't have quite the leverage since we can tender him. I'll guess 1st round tender and work out a 3-4 year deal averaging $5-6 million/year
Tom Crabtree - cheap sign, role player

Other considerations
JerMichael Finley is kept at current deal, really no motivation on either end to sign a longer deal at this point IMO. He got a vote of confidence from MM at season end and I think he gets a chance.
AJ Hawk is retained - doesn't make financial sense to cut him especially with no replacement on the roster. He's fine.

New Contracts - Seems as though we should be around $26 million ish under with the previous room and cuts of Woodson and Saturday.
Ryan Pickett - asked to take pay cut for a smaller role, he plays along - we save a couple million/year in cap space ($28 million ish)
Sam Shields - mentioned above ($5million ish)
B.J. Raji - extended 4 years at about $3million/year MORE than current cost ($3 million ish)
Aaron Rodgers - signs a 6 year extension slightly below Brees' contract that, when combined with current contract, will average about $6 million more per year than current ($6 million ish)
Clay Matthews - signs a 3 year extension at about $9 million/year more than current

FREE AGENCY
With as tight as the Saints are against the cap, they can't really afford to place a tender on their 4th RB and Ivory is tagged with only a first refusal tender.

We offer Chris Ivory a fair contract and a chance to be the feature back. He accepts.

DRAFT PHILOSOPHY
Feel we need some more length and/or speed on defense, especially in the front 7 and at safety - our 2 biggest weaknesses IMO. I feel we target these issues and have an offensive plan to run the ball more going forward.

2012 NFL DRAFT

Round 1 - Margus Hunt, DL, SMU

I think he's going to blow-up the combine and be a 1st round selection. He adds MUCH needed length to our line and a different look than any of our guys currently offer. In his cut-ups I watched I didn't see him struggling as much against the run this year compared to last. I feel he can offer initial value as a situational rusher and has the frame and pure talent to play well into his 30s negating the fact he will be a 26 year old rookie. He has plenty of football in front of him. Can use a couple years of NFL strength training and I think he can be a really, really good player with good coaching (which we have). Would love to see what he can do in a couple years under Trgo.

Round 2 - (via Jennings) - DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina

He is all over the field when you watch him, appears to have good game speed. Plays with passion and is evident when you watch him. Feel as though he can be a tone-setter on the back-end. Plays well in the box from what I saw as well. Needs to play a bit more disciplined, but I think he's underrated compared to the other safeties I've watched. I see good potential here and seems to be a football mind.

Round 2 - Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss

Honestly hadn't heard of him before but watched a few cut-ups of his on youtube. LOVE how he gets his hands up when he knows he's not getting to the QB. Also appears to be very good at shedding blocks. Tosses the Nebraska OT around a few times. Has played safety, DE and OLB at Southern Miss. Put up good numbers. Has experience dropping into coverage from the line as well. Looks comfortable in coverage. Nice looking prospect haven't heard much about. Curious to see how he tests at combine.

TRADE UP - move our 3rd and 4th to move into early 3rd.

Round 3 - Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall

I think TT is not done drafting playmakers and he looks for insurance against the expiring contracts of Jones and Nelson in the next couple years. We have our inside slot guy for the next few years, but have 2 guys coming off 2nd contracts and might not be able to afford both. In Dobson you have a guy with immense potential which went unfulfilled due to the QB talent he played with. Plucks the ball, seems to be a smooth runner for his size as well. Has the potential to be a legit #1 guy in the future with some refinement, and we have the time to groom him. Could be a steal in the right situation IMO.

Round 4 (Comp) - Sio Moore, LB, UConn

Need some ILB depth and Moore has put up some nice numbers. Don't know too much about him, otherwise.

Round 5 - Jasper Collins, WR, Mount Union

Doesn't hurt to add another slot-type WR in the case Cobb goes down and we need another body to attempt to fill his role.

Round 6 - Brandon McGee, CB, Miami

Another elite athlete not brought up to potential by the lacking Miami staff. Could turn into a good CB like another guy we know. Don't see quite the upside Shields had though. Still intriuging.

Round 6 - Tanner Hawkinson, OL, Kansas

Set record for most games started in Kansas history. Sounds appealing to me with our injury issues.

Round 7 - Mario Benavides, C, Louisville

Back-up center in the case EDS goes down. Might start on P.S. unless shows ability right away. Probably a C only.

QB - Rodgers // Coleman
RB - Ivory // Harris // Green // Kuhn
TE - Finley // Crabtree // Taylor // Quarless
WR - Nelson // Cobb // Jones // Dobson // Ross or Collins
OL - Sherrod // Lang // EDS // Sitton // Bulaga // Newhouse // Barclay // Van Roten // Hawkinson // Datko

DL - Pickett // Raji // Neal // Wilson // Daniels // Worthy // Hunt
LB - Matthews // Bishop // Hawk // Perry // Moses // Collins // Smith // Manning // Moore
DB - Shields // Williams // Hayward // Burnett // Swearinger // Bush // House // McMillian // McGee
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I think wed like to get a little taller guy, someone with more length in there," defensive line coach Mike Trgovac said.

Saw this after I created this mock. Figured we wanted to add some length along the front of our defense. Makes me think Hunt is a legit shot to be our pick at 26.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem taking a shot on a difference maker like Hunt on defense. Would be fine with me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a huge risk, but the Pack can afford to take some risks IMO. Since the Pack have a lot of dlinemen with expiring contracts coming up, let's double down on getting some length shall we? Why not take Hunt and Gholston. Really give Trg a challenge! Laughing

It is not like we are in danger of limitting snaps from anyone else that is breaking out. Worthy is hurt and Wilson is what he is. Pickett needs more snaps off and Neal is often hurt. Take two. If not Gholston, get Kapron-Lewis and rehab him up. All three ideas offer size and length. While Kapron-Lewis will probably never be a difference maker, at least he will add the size and run plugging ability that we will eventually be losing in Pickett and/or Wilson.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
It's a huge risk, but the Pack can afford to take some risks IMO. Since the Pack have a lot of dlinemen with expiring contracts coming up, let's double down on getting some length shall we? Why not take Hunt and Gholston. Really give Trg a challenge! Laughing

It is not like we are in danger of limitting snaps from anyone else that is breaking out. Worthy is hurt and Wilson is what he is. Pickett needs more snaps off and Neal is often hurt. Take two. If not Gholston, get Kapron-Lewis and rehab him up. All three ideas offer size and length. While Kapron-Lewis will probably never be a difference maker, at least he will add the size and run plugging ability that we will eventually be losing in Pickett and/or Wilson.

I agree, especially with Trgo coming out and saying (after the SF game) that he would like more length on the line - that we see a long Dlineman early if there's one available. I see Hunt as having enormous upside and seems like the type of guy who's gonna give his best to get there.
Hurricane_Seasn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee needs coaching, a lot of coaching. I know hes showing out at the shrine bowl and will probably continue to impress here and there up until draft day, but eh, im not sold.

^Props to Jamison.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: