Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BSH/DRD/SG Official 2013 OFF-Season THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Don't kill me. But what are your guys thoughts on Vaccaro as a CB in the first.

hate it. I think Vaccaro will be an average to above average safety. I dont see the things on tape that scream top player like everyone else.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:

I'm telling you the guy covers slot and TEs like he's a corner, he might have the ability. Very fluid, good footwork, ball skills. His forty isn't ideal for a corner - but good size, cone, and shuttle. I'm not the biggest fan of it at 13 to take a guy who hasn't played a ton of outisde corner and a position he hasn't played, and basically switch positions - risky that high, but hey if your confident who knows. If any safety could, it is him.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:

It's not that crazy of an idea. He showed me something against Tavon Austin. He matched up with him 1-on-1 in the slot and he gave him fits.

He does a really nice job in the slot, but I'm not sure how he would fare on the outside.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:

Why not take a real corner in the first then?

He's pretty good about covering TE's...but that's what a safety or nickel corner does...not drafting a nickel guy in the first
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bunch of pro day stuff to update and I'll take care of that this weekend. I just couldn't sit on this bit of news.

http://college2pro.com/showSingleArticle.php?id=166&page=browseArticles&category=NFL+Mock+Draft#.UVHRT7ppSxM.twitter

Quote:
College2Pro.com has learned via a source that LSU Tigers Tyrann Mathieu is going to be an exceptionally busy man. According to our source the Consensus All-American (2011) has up coming visits scheduled with ten NFL teams between April 2nd through the 17th. The Cleveland Browns, Minnesota Vikings, Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New England Patriots, Arizona Cardinals, Houston Texans, Oakland Raiders, San Francisco 49ers and Miami Dolphins.

Outside of Manti Te'o, I don't know if there is a more polarizing prospect than the Honey Badger. His past transgressions are well documented. Has he grown up? Has he matured? I have no idea, but I do believe that he is a unique talent that can help this team. As a slot corner, 3rd safety and as a returner he can certainly make his presence felt. He has a knack for forcing turnovers and when the ball is in his hands he is fun to watch. This is the 2nd time that we have been linked to Mathieu - Schiano interviewed him at the combine. It seems that our interest in him is genuine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathieu is the type of player Schiano wants on the football field. Quick, aggressive, fearless, and the confidence to match up with anyone. Playmaker.

However, Schiano and Dom are doing their homework on if he's passed his off the field problems. If he is, the risk in the 3rd round is pretty low, but the reward is high.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is not buccaneer man
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
He is not buccaneer man

Hm, he interviewed with SChiano at the Combine. And now we're bringing him in for a visit. Not saying you're wrong, but they like what they see and are getting a closer look.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opposite of a Buccaneer man.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

The whole buccaneer man thing is a joke. This isn't college- we aren't a program that has to live up to school expectations.

I want a winning team and I'm damn sure Sean Taylor (RIP) wouldn't have been considered a "buccaneer man" but I'm pretty sure everyone in the world would want him on their team. This is the NFL- a revenue driven league. Someone should tell schiano that wins and fans are the only things that matter in the NFL...unless a player is pulling a michael vick it's not a big deal as long as he can avoid being suspended

Not warranting poor behavior but please- get off your high horse schiano and draft the best player available- not a guy you want me to be proud of when looking at his team captain credentials
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

The whole buccaneer man thing is a joke. This isn't college- we aren't a program that has to live up to school expectations.

I want a winning team and I'm damn sure Sean Taylor (RIP) wouldn't have been considered a "buccaneer man" but I'm pretty sure everyone in the world would want him on their team. This is the NFL- a revenue driven league. Someone should tell schiano that wins and fans are the only things that matter in the NFL...unless a player is pulling a michael vick it's not a big deal as long as he can avoid being suspended

Not warranting poor behavior but please- get off your high horse schiano and draft the best player available- not a guy you want me to be proud of when looking at his team captain credentials

You are not buccaneer man
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Pvsports9 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

If it means leading my team to a win..then I'm ok with that
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Pvsports9 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I actually lol'd. Seriously. Out loud.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

My comment was sarcasm. I completely agree with you and think that the "Buccaneer Man" thing Schiano has going is stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beg to differ its about the team. What you want players with the attitude of kellen Winslow. No thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 43 of 56

Jump to: