Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BSH/DRD/SG Official 2013 OFF-Season THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the last week we have attended the following pro days:

Alabama
Arkansas
Colorado
Florida
Georgia Tech
Jacksonville State
Michigan
Michigan State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Oregon
Oregon State
Penn State
Rutgers
University of Louisiana-Monroe
Western Michigan
West Virginia

Reports have surfaced that we also had lengthy interviews with the following prospects at their pro days:

Chris Hubbard, OT/OG, UAB
Dion Sims, TE, Michigan State
Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn State
Trey Smith, WR, Jacksonville State

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love hodges versatility he can play all lb positions. I think he's going to be a good player in this league. Big fast fluidin coverage and insstinctive.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/311132497880678400

Quote:
Addae has private workouts set with Tampa and New England and a visit set with Oakland

Growing up 15 miles from Tampa, Jahleel Addae is our first local visit. This visit will not account against our 30 allotted private visits. Pound-for-pound, Addae may be the biggest hitter in this draft. He is a heat seeking missile that became the emotional leader of the Central Michigan defense. Even with Dashon Goldson signed, our depth is still shaky. We played a lot of 3 safety sets last season. I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a safety late in the draft to fill out our depth and help on special teams. Addae would be a nice addition.

DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/mikerothstein/status/312270772683042816

Quote:
Will Campbell said he has some private workouts set up. Patriots (March 1Cool, Jets (March 22 for OL), Oakland (April 11). Saints, Bucs TBD

Campbell came to Michigan with huge expectations as one of the nation's best high school DTs. For 3 years he didn't do much, but finally broke through as a senior. His motor has never been consistent, but his size and power are definitely intriguing. With Roy Miller gone, the NT spot is up for grabs and our depth is non-existent. Campbell could be an option for us late, or as an UDFA.

Soul Glo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@TonyPauline wrote:
Gavin Escobar/TE/San Diego St; dinner w/San Francisco 49ers last night & lunch w/Tampa Bay Bucs today-most feel he cemented himself as a 2nd

Would be a nice addition in the second, plucks the ball with huge catch radius... big target in the middle of the field. Ertz, Escobar, and Reed are my next three guys following Eifert.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
@TonyPauline wrote:
Gavin Escobar/TE/San Diego St; dinner w/San Francisco 49ers last night & lunch w/Tampa Bay Bucs today-most feel he cemented himself as a 2nd

Would be a nice addition in the second, plucks the ball with huge catch radius... big target in the middle of the field. Ertz, Escobar, and Reed are my next three guys following Eifert.

Nice find. Thanks, SG. I'll add that to the front page.

Escobar would be such a nice fit in our offense.

bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Escobar is considered as a receiving TE with little blocking skill Question

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
I thought Escobar is considered as a receiving TE with little blocking skill Question

Yeah, i dont think anyone has said differently. He has the potential to be an average blocker, but he's definitely getting drafted for his receiver ability
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone else caught this short bit from Pat Yasanikas:

Quote:
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Coach Greg Schiano said that, as last season went on, he and his coaching staff realized quarterback Josh Freeman was very accurate when throwing on the run. Id look for the Bucs to move the pocket more next season to take advantage of that.

This is huge. HUGE. We've all known this for awhile but if the coaches have caught on, this is great news. We need to tailor to Freeman's strengths for him to be more successful.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:

Quote:
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Coach Greg Schiano said that, as last season went on, he and his coaching staff realized quarterback Josh Freeman was very accurate when throwing on the run. Id look for the Bucs to move the pocket more next season to take advantage of that.

This is huge. HUGE. We've all known this for awhile but if the coaches have caught on, this is great news. We need to tailor to Freeman's strengths for him to be more successful.

Let's hope he can figure it out and be the franchise qb we envisioned him to be bak when he was drafted. Our season depends on his play. Hopefully it comes together.

I read an article they're going to Dig deep into what his struggles were and schiano believes they're fixable. A lot of his accuracy issues are break down of mechanics. Not stepping into the throw.

He's got accuracy. If he didn't he wouldn't have hit that perfect dagger to v jacks against Carolina. It's doing it consistently.

Damnit I want a playoff birth so I can finally have an argument against my cousins in Georgia Smile
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:

Quote:
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

This is just pretty funny by itself-but your comment capped it off. How bad is it when your coaching staff looks at your qb...who already has 3 years of film..plus college -just realizes he can throw on the run? And we're excited about that? how the hell do you not know that as a coach when all you have to do is watch tape from years past? And how do you not already tailor your game to your qbs strengths? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone with this team
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:

Quote:
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Yeah Freeman needs to start being used more like Big Ben and Russell Wilson, he's great outside the pocket. He also needs to be more willing to take off and run ore often (I don't know if that's coach enforced or his choise, but he needs to run more)
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just gonna put this here. Enjoy.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still cannot believe all te scouts take that star will drop to Tampa at 13 overall. He's an elite DT prospect.

If he's there it's no question we take him. Even if he's slipping to 11 jump Miami.
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Still cannot believe all te scouts take that star will drop to Tampa at 13 overall. He's an elite DT prospect.

If he's there it's no question we take him. Even if he's slipping to 11 jump Miami.

Star is the guy I want. I wouldn't mind trading up to 8-10 if he is still there. If Star is gonr then I hope we take Jarvis Jones.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 41 of 56

Jump to: