Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BSH/DRD/SG Official 2013 OFF-Season THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
indifference wrote:
Quote:
“I thought Mason played really good football at times last year,” Bucs coach Greg Schiano said. “Now, there were other times when he didn’t play all that well, but that’s really on us as coaches.

“We need to get to a point as coaches where, when we see that a guy can do it and he can get the job done the way we want him to, we get him to do it all the time, because that’s our job. Now, if a guy can’t do it, that’s a different story. Then you have the wrong guy in there and you have to weather it until you can replace him.”

Coach Schiano pretty much put the Foster to OLB idea to bed. Now with that said, we DO need versatile defenders in this league. Black is not coming back next year and the need for a LEO/SAM backer is open. Too bad Jarvis Jones and Dion Jordan will be LONG gone for us.

Jarvis Jones may drop due to his spinal issue. If we was at 13 and considering that condition, would you take him?
I LOVE Banks but Jarvis Jones would be way too tempting. I'd be inclined to say yes for Jarvis Jones. He is a game-changing player at a very important spot in the front 7. He is a 3 down player all the way. While standing up, Jones is good at stunting, anticipating help blockers, and has good timing. He is a very good blitzer. The fact he can come in on third downs and rush the passer too is a bonus. Versatility would help the defense a lot and while I love Banks the CB class is pretty deep. My only dilemma is the snap count. Because you gotta remember that Bowers and Clayborn are damn talented pass rushers themselves. Bennett can move inside next to McCoy. So snaps will be hard to manage for Jones if we were to take him.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Schiano did an interview with NFL AM this morning.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap2000000145027/Schiano-on-Freeman-This-is-a-big-year-for-him

He talked about a bunch of things; Freeman, secondary, pass rush etc. In the interview he also mentioned that he personally spoke with Tyrann Mathieu. The Honey Badger doesn't strike me as a Schiano guy, and I know that he doesn't have many fans in here, but I do think that he could do some special things as a FS/Nickel CB/Rover/KR.

4 bench reps today? I hate to harp on combine numbers but for a kid that didnt take a snap on the football field, he should have been living in the gym. 4 bench reps...let that sink in....Tavon Austin had 14! SMH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap2000000145027/Schiano-on-Freeman-This-is-a-big-year-for-him

He talked about a bunch of things; Freeman, secondary, pass rush etc. In the interview he also mentioned that he personally spoke with Tyrann Mathieu. The Honey Badger doesn't strike me as a Schiano guy, and I know that he doesn't have many fans in here, but I do think that he could do some special things as a FS/Nickel CB/Rover/KR.

4 bench reps today? I hate to harp on combine numbers but for a kid that didnt take a snap on the football field, he should have been living in the gym. 4 bench reps...let that sink in....Tavon Austin had 14! SMH

who cares I don't even want that guy on our board, I don't care if he did 30 reps
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rontez Miles - Free Safety - 6'1 210lbs - California PA

Please do a report on this guy. I would love to have this guy in red and pewter.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

I'm not going to pretend like that's not a little disappointing, because it is, but I personally think that the bench press is the most overrated drill at the combine. It's a measure of how much you go to the weight room...not your functional strength on the football field. I have seen Mathieu take down a 270 pound Michael Williams in the open field all by himself. If that doesn't translate to bench press reps, so be it.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

I'm not going to pretend like that's not a little disappointing, because it is, but I personally think that the bench press is the most overrated drill at the combine. It's a measure of how much you go to the weight room...not your functional strength on the football field. I have seen Mathieu take down a 270 pound Michael Williams in the open field all by himself. If that doesn't translate to bench press reps, so be it.

Yep. The bench press for these guys DBS and Wrs are overrated. What about leg strength ? Matthieu on the field was very physical and did not shy away from contact. Never.
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the fact that our small market team has so many dedicated, sharp, articulate fans, that's what keeps me coming back

BUT....

Where are the Mock Off-seasons for DRD, BSH, and SG???

I've been looking forward to those
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manilathrilla1 wrote:
I love the fact that our small market team has so many dedicated, sharp, articulate fans, that's what keeps me coming back

BUT....

I think we all are Very Happy I am gonna guess we will be seeing some now that the combine is done.

#EmbraceTheSuck
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we meet with any other qbs besides Ej Manuel? I keep reading articles on bleacher report and joe bucs fan linking us to Tyler Bray as a 3rd /4th rd option ?

I personally think Brays physical talents are that of Joe Flacco but mentally I just don't see it. Too inconsistent with his footwork and mechanics. Has character concerns off the field and qestionablr leadership on it. Hangs his head in the Cutler fashion.

I hear multiple sources were impressed with his knowledge of te game in the interview process and the way he presented himself at the combine.

Thoughts? Me I don't like the idea. I'd prefer Manuel as he's very smart kid and leader. Probably can process a playbook a lot quicker if we do go qb.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Did we meet with any other qbs besides Ej Manuel? I keep reading articles on bleacher report and joe bucs fan linking us to Tyler Bray as a 3rd /4th rd option ?

I personally think Brays physical talents are that of Joe Flacco but mentally I just don't see it. Too inconsistent with his footwork and mechanics. Has character concerns off the field and qestionablr leadership on it. Hangs his head in the Cutler fashion.

I hear multiple sources were impressed with his knowledge of te game in the interview process and the way he presented himself at the combine.

Thoughts? Me I don't like the idea. I'd prefer Manuel as he's very smart kid and leader. Probably can process a playbook a lot quicker if we do go qb.

In the fourth he might be worth the risk if he interviews well, we intervied Matt Barkley as well.

I don't get how Manuel would process a playbook a lot quicker than our other QB options, he's a well spoken and good kid.... but I've seen him confused making pre snap reads before, there's a reason why almost everyone would prefer to sit him for at least a year.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manilathrilla1 wrote:

BUT....

dont make me blush...

I'll have one up by Friday. I have a good feel of who and what we want.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's like Kansas City wants to make the same mistakes again... not a terrible trade, and Smith >>> Cassel but still
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
it's like Kansas City wants to make the same mistakes again... not a terrible trade, and Smith >>> Cassel but still

I think its a great move. KC has a very good team around the QB position. Alex Smith was the 2nd rated passer last year, 70 percent completion percentage and wasn't just dinking and dunking either at a 7.8 YPA (Better than our dearly beloved Josh Freeman).

Although I think a 2nd and 3rd is a bit much, Smith is no where near as bad as Cassell. Not one bit even close. KC will be a playoff contender.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:

I think its a great move. KC has a very good team around the QB position. Alex Smith was the 2nd rated passer last year, 70 percent completion percentage and wasn't just dinking and dunking either at a 7.8 YPA (Better than our dearly beloved Josh Freeman).

Although I think a 2nd and 3rd is a bit much, Smith is no where near as bad as Cassell. Not one bit even close. KC will be a playoff contender.

I just don't see the need to dish out two valuable picks for a QB who's been a game manager and looked better due to his coach and team. I don't care about his stats, if you've watched him San Fran hid him as much as they could. I think it's a move that will make KC not suck but Alex Smith will not push them over the edge.

BTW, I'm glad you found a way to bring Freeman into a conversation that deals with the Chiefs and Alex Smith Laughing
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's crazy that only 2 seasons ago people couldn't agree on who was better between Revis and Asomugha.

Now both might - or will very likely - be on new teams this next season. Crazy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 38 of 56

Jump to: