Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BSH/DRD/SG Official 2013 OFF-Season THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfw096 wrote:
Just curious, but do guys know what's going on with Butch Davis? Could he eventually end up coaching for us on the sidelines with Schiano? Reason I ask is because he was giving the title head coach assistant, but with advisor on it only because he wasn't able to coach because his circumstances with North Carolina and his contract from there. I know a lot of us want a new DC and maybe he could be the guy that takes that position.

I saw an article the other day interview Dominik saying expect Davis to continue to be in the same role for us. I don't know how longer his situation with UNC stands, but I do not expect to see Davis on the sidelines as a coach for us.
mfw096

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
mfw096 wrote:
Just curious, but do guys know what's going on with Butch Davis? Could he eventually end up coaching for us on the sidelines with Schiano? Reason I ask is because he was giving the title head coach assistant, but with advisor on it only because he wasn't able to coach because his circumstances with North Carolina and his contract from there. I know a lot of us want a new DC and maybe he could be the guy that takes that position.

I saw an article the other day interview Dominik saying expect Davis to continue to be in the same role for us. I don't know how longer his situation with UNC stands, but I do not expect to see Davis on the sidelines as a coach for us.

I don't expect it either as I'm sure his contract with UNC still has a few year left, but thought it would be awesome to maybe have that possibility. Because you can do so much being an advisor, but having him down on the field could change a lot for us.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfw096 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
mfw096 wrote:

I don't expect it either as I'm sure his contract with UNC still has a few year left, but thought it would be awesome to maybe have that possibility. Because you can do so much being an advisor, but having him down on the field could change a lot for us.

Yeah, it'd definitely would be a nice addition to have actually be able to coach.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is the consensus at this point? Assuming Milliner is gone at #13 and the Bucs can't trade back, do they take the #2 rated CB. The tackle position looks very deep, probably the #3 tackle would be available (Lane Johnson or TJ Fluker). I understand Dom has only drafted one OL during his GM tenure (Xavier Fulton). However, as I have mentioned earlier I believe Eric Stokes will have a lot of say in the building of the draft board. It would have been very easy for Dom to promote from within for his Director of College Scouting, but he didn't. So I don't believe necessarily his past norms are necessarily going to hold true this year. Playing devil's advocate, I'm also assuming Richardson will be gone at #13. Anyone on the DL interest you?

I'm a little more concerned on OL then most. Nicks is awesome and I fully expect a full recovery. Joseph will be 30 in Novemeber, coming off a pretty tough injury with foot problems in the past also. I feel pretty good at depth at the G position with Meredith being an adequate back-up. I'm okay, not in love with the center position of Zuttah with Larsen as the back-up. Penn will be 30 in April, and let's be honest, he was good this year, not great. Dotson was better then Trueblood, which to me isn't very satisfying. I think the tackle position is going to need a little help. I like Dotson better as the swing tackle back-up at this point.

My rankings on positional needs:

-CB
-DL
-T
-TE
-RB

I'm not really concerned what round these positions are filled in the draft, just filled. I definitely want BPA in first round over need.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
So what is the consensus at this point? Assuming Milliner is gone at #13 and the Bucs can't trade back, do they take the #2 rated CB. The tackle position looks very deep, probably the #3 tackle would be available (Lane Johnson or TJ Fluker). I understand Dom has only drafted one OL during his GM tenure (Xavier Fulton). However, as I have mentioned earlier I believe Eric Stokes will have a lot of say in the building of the draft board. It would have been very easy for Dom to promote from within for his Director of College Scouting, but he didn't. So I don't believe necessarily his past norms are necessarily going to hold true this year. Playing devil's advocate, I'm also assuming Richardson will be gone at #13. Anyone on the DL interest you?

I'm a little more concerned on OL then most. Nicks is awesome and I fully expect a full recovery. Joseph will be 30 in Novemeber, coming off a pretty tough injury with foot problems in the past also. I feel pretty good at depth at the G position with Meredith being an adequate back-up. I'm okay, not in love with the center position of Zuttah with Larsen as the back-up. Penn will be 30 in April, and let's be honest, he was good this year, not great. Dotson was better then Trueblood, which to me isn't very satisfying. I think the tackle position is going to need a little help. I like Dotson better as the swing tackle back-up at this point.

-CB
-DL
-T
-TE
-RB

I'm not really concerned what round these positions are filled in the draft, just filled. I definitely want BPA in first round over need.

I think that Rhodes will really appeal to Stokes. He has the freakish length that the Seattle CBs have and he's dripping with potential.

If we don't go with a CB in the 1st round I think it's a good bet that we'll go with a pass rusher (DE, DT or Jarvis Jones) or a RT. TE has an outside shot, but I don't see any TE being worth a top-15 selection.

My top 10 needs:

1. CB
2. CB
3. Pass rusher (DE or SLB)
4. #3 WR
5. TE
6. #3 DT (can play NT or UT)
7. #2 RB
8. RT
9. FS
10. Back-up QB

FS would obviously move up if Ronde retires.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:

-CB
-DL
-T
-TE
-RB

Um...absolutely. There really isn't a drop off between the #2 CB and the #2 T, or #2 DT. And taking Banks or Rhodes at 13 is just about the same value as taking him in the 20's.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

-CB
-DL
-T
-TE
-RB

Um...absolutely. There really isn't a drop off between the #2 CB and the #2 T, or #2 DT. And taking Banks or Rhodes at 13 is just about the same value as taking him in the 20's.

Just curious, so you have Rhodes (or whoever your #2 CB) is higher then say a TJ Fluker, Lane Johnson, Ansuh, Austin, etc. The reason for my post is I read an article about Scott Pioli and his draftboard for juniors in the draft.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/28/4035509/a-glimpse-at-ex-chiefs-gm-scott.html

Basically, everyone's draft board is vastly different. Mock drafts are fun to analyze and read, but for me a draft board of our team probably looks vastly different then the ranking found in most mock draft first rounds.

My top 16 which is totally subjective and probably a lot different then most).

1. J Jones
2. Joeckel
3. Star
4. Moore
5. Warmack
6. Fisher
7. Milliner
8. Richardson
9. Werner
10. Austin
11. Ertz
12. Geno Smith
13. Lane Johnson
14. K. Short
15. Ansah
16. Trufant

From what I've read, it seem both lines are pretty strong at the top end of the draft.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should have my rankings up either tonight or tomorrow guys, should be interesting
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bucs also met with the following players at the Senior Bowl:

Duke Williams, S, Nevada
Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State
JJ Wilcox, S, Georgia Southern
Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8741:&Itemid=15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

Duke Williams, S, Nevada

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8741:&Itemid=15

Probably safe to assume all of those guys are free safeties.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Duke Williams is more of a strong, saw alot of him over the years

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Duke Williams, S, Nevada

Probably safe to assume all of those guys are free safeties.

Wilcox is more of a SS. Thomas is a FS and Duke is the most versatile of all 3...he has lined up at SS, FS and nickel CB in the past.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
No Duke Williams is more of a strong, saw alot of him over the years

Yea this is how i view him as well. All though i have seen him listed as FS and even at CB by many draft pundits. But, from the tape i have seen, he looks like a SS to me.

JJ Wilcox is someone who i think we should keep and eye on. He is a really intriguing guy who shows a lot of talent for having not played a lot of football.

He also looked really good at the Senior Bowl practices. In one on one drills where he was matched up against WR, he showed really good hips and the ability to cover. I came away impressed.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how I missed this in the article, but we also interviewed Baylor wide receiver Terrance Williams.

Quote:
The uncertainty with Williams’ contract situation and the possibility of losing him in addition to Benn and Underwood, who are also both in contract years, puts Tampa Bay’s receiver situation in peril in 2014 when Jackson will be 31 years old. That’s why the Bucs’ brass had an in-depth interview with Baylor wide receiver Terrance Williams at the Senior Bowl.

Williams, a potential second-round pick, was one of the most productive receivers in the nation in 2012, catching 97 passes for 1,832 yards and 12 touchdowns. The 6-foot-2, 201-pound playmaker finished his Bears career with 202 catches for 3,334 yards and 27 scores.

The Bucs typically interview most of the Senior Bowl participants, but Dominik and head coach Greg Schiano aren’t always in on every interview – just the ones the team deems important. Apparently Williams’ interview was important as he had an audience with all of Tampa Bay’s decision-makers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams is a beast, didn't even consider that we would have interest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 29 of 56

Jump to: