Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BSH/DRD/SG Official 2013 OFF-Season THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PolarBucc06

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
Interesting article on Jarvis Jones. The information may be true, or it could be a team planting information publically to hopefully get a player to slide in the draft to hopefully attain.

I like Jarvis Jones a lot. I would hope the Bucs would try and get him if he gets anywhere near #13. For me, he is one of those talents you find a place on the field.

I'm interested to see how the Jarvis Jones situation plays out.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php#jarvisjonesfall

It will be interesting. He's a top three player in this draft, but the injury is tricky.... depends on each teams medical staff. It would not surprise if he falls big.

I would love to nab Jones if he fell out of the top 7 or so. I don't see it happening, but if he did I think he would help our pass rush significantly as well as fill a need at olb.

What are people's thoughts on Ogletree? I know he has a few character concerns, but his size to speed ratio is elite. He would also add a nice pass rushing dimension and could team up nicely with David on 3rd downs. I'm not saying I fully believe we should take him, but just curious what people's thoughts are.

On a side note: I have to believe Vaccaro's current stock rise into a top 10 lock should only help our chances on Milliner.
Quote:
Russ Lande of the National Football Post suggests Texas S Kenny Vaccaro could be a top-five pick in April's NFL Draft.
"Everybody has him in the top ten," Lande said. "He’s a ball-hawking safety that can come up and hit and tackle. He’s the real deal. I wouldn’t be shocked if Detroit — if there’s no elite pass-rusher there — Detroit at No. 5 may take him. He’s really good." A first-team All-Big 12 pick in both 2011 and 2012, Vaccaro amassed 107 tackles as a senior and recorded five career interceptions.
Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch Jan 25 - 8:31 PM
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
With this talk of Safeties, I'll talk of 2 guys that haven't been brought up.

Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma
- Rangy ballhawk who may not be the tallest guy (5'11 212 lbs), but he flies to the ball. Very similar playing style to Buffalos Jarious Byrd. He has the ability to play both Safety positions, but would factor in as our FS. He's right now expected to go somewhere in round 3.

John Boyett FS Oregon
- Probably would be in the round 2 conversation if not for a knee injury that sidelined him in 2012. Another safety prospect with excellent awareness skills, can come in the box and make the tackle and has good ball skills. This guy is one of my top sleepers that can turn into a really good starter that you will probably find in rounds 5 through 7.

Really like Jefferson for us. His biggest flaw, and it's the same thing that we saw from McCoy, is his tackling technique. He misses too many routine tackles that he should make. Schiano preaches the fundamentals and I have no doubt that he would get that cleaned up here.

After reading Stokes philosophy on the draft I think that we are going to take more chances on high upside prospects in the draft. When you have a coaching staff that focuses so intently on the fundamentals like we do you can afford to draft unpolished athletes because you can trust your coaching staff to mold them. Guys like Jefferson fit the bill.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally updated the front page with reported prospect meetings. This is what we have so far:

Brian Winters, OG/OT, Kent State
David Quessenberry, OG/OT, San Jose State
DC Jefferson, TE, Rutgers
Demontre Hurst, CB, Oklahoma
Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
J.C. Tretter, OG, Cornell
Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
Nick Moody, OLB, Florida State
Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois
Vance McDonald, TE, Rice
Will Davis, CB, Utah State
Xavier Brewer, DB, Clemson

BBando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't post Russ Lande garbage. That guy is as dumb as a box of rocks.

garbage
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In surprised we haven't taken a look at Terrance Williams. It would allow us to have 3 reliable Wrs and allow us to use Williams in the slot and get more mismatches.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
In surprised we haven't taken a look at Terrance Williams. It would allow us to have 3 reliable Wrs and allow us to use Williams in the slot and get more mismatches.

He's better on the outside. IMO better slot guys out there. Williams game is on the outside and vertical.

And who ever quoted Lande, BBando was right do not believe anything Lande says.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Harper is a guy I'm watching today. Tough physical wr go can play slot and outside.
indifference

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Haha, that's my homeboy. Would love to have that to happen but just don't think that will. He is pretty much a lock in the first round.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 6 new head coaches with offensive backgrounds in the top 12, I still believe there will be at least 2 QB drafted during those picks no matter the perception of it being a weak class. Some really good prospects will be dropping out of the top 10 in my opinion.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:

I completely agree. He has put some insane stuff out over the years. There are so many other scouts/draftniks out there that put out much better work.

PolarBucc06

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
BBando wrote:

I completely agree. He has put some insane stuff out over the years. There are so many other scouts/draftniks out there that put out much better work.

My bad on the Lande quote, should have looked closer to the source before posting. Ha, trying to shake the posting cobwebs out since I haven't been able to post since this time last year.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolarBucc06 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
BBando wrote:

My bad on the Lande quote, should have looked closer to the source before posting. Ha, trying to shake the posting cobwebs out since I haven't been able to post since this time last year.

Haha, it's all good.

My personal favorites are the guys from Rotoworld; Eric Stoner, Josh Norris and Alen Dumonjic. They really do a nice job.

The Senior Bowl is starting up now.

Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my boy Gillislee looking good! Cool
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, going back to the FS conversation not too long ago. Jonathan Cyprien outta FIU is someone I'd look at, unbelievable range.
mfw096

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, but do guys know what's going on with Butch Davis? Could he eventually end up coaching for us on the sidelines with Schiano? Reason I ask is because he was giving the title head coach assistant, but with advisor on it only because he wasn't able to coach because his circumstances with North Carolina and his contract from there. I know a lot of us want a new DC and maybe he could be the guy that takes that position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 28 of 56

Jump to: